[JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [Last Version 19.05.13]

u want pico voice data in this gapps? 3,84 MB waste of system space ;)

• Yes

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I look if I found it. it's in one of my hosts. or u can look in CM10 thread it's posted there as apk file

EDIT:

i see ro_explorer removed the file from sendspace on cm10 thread

Last edited:

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
question:

With the addition of the stock keyboard to play store (following the lines of calendar, music and search) can we safelly remove LatinImeGoogle.apk and LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk from the minimal gapps pack? or only LatinImeGoogle.apk is safe to remove?

If you Install first the PlayStore version, it can be removed. But for now the Defy is not supported in Germany to Install the Keyboard. Change build.prop may Help ;)

With LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk i'm not sure, u can try by moving it in data partition and look if u can open it from Keyboard Settings. I don't know if the PlayStore Version need this, or if the Dictionary is Integrated.

EDIT: If i look on PlayStore description i see that 26 languishes had a dictionary... but I'm not sure ;)

Last edited:

Persechini

Mar 12, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
If you Install first the PlayStore version, it can be removed. But for now the Defy is not supported in Germany to Install the Keyboard. Change build.prop may Help ;)

With LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk i'm not sure, u can try by moving it in data partition and look if u can open it from Keyboard Settings. I don't know if the PlayStore Version need this, or if the Dictionary is Integrated.

EDIT: If i look on PlayStore description i see that 26 languishes had a dictionary... but I'm not sure ;)

It wasn't available in Brasil untill yesterday too, it´s still rolling out

I will try freezing the mentioned apps, set the main apk as user app, etc, and check if anything breaks

migueldefy

Dec 27, 2011
hermosillo
gapps crash

I tried installing gapps several times yesterday , last version and one i boot into cm10 the setup screen crashes and i cant do anything :S , i used a
older version of cm10 i will try the latest today and see what happens

Last edited:

TJKV

Jun 25, 2011
DEFY minimal GAPPS
by tejus.k.v

tejus.k.v minimal gapps, based on latest JB4.1 from goo.im and quarx's original minimal pack:

It has the following apps:
Code:
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleBackupTransport.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk

So everything necessary for full account syncing including bookmarks and browser. It also has Google Talk with the necessary lib files for voice chatting. Calendar, Gmail, Search can be installed from Play Store.

Minimal Gapps for SlimBean

Code:
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleBackupTransport.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk
AppWidgetPickerActivity-release.apk
DSPManager.apk

1. Necessary files for DSP Manager (SlimBean comes with something else, MusicFX. But DSP manager is available as an optional addon on the slimbean website, which is what I added. Hence may have to remove MusicFX's apk from /system/app before using my gapps)
2. The Alternate "AppWidgetPickerActivity-release.apk" addon from slimbean website. This will come into effect only if you have this is /system/app AND enable it's use in SB Settings (Settings -> Interface -> General UI -> Use Alt Default App Picker)

Download minimal Gapps from Dev-Host

THANKS tejus.k.v. for that GAPPS not me

Hey could you update the minimal gapps here or better yet link to my thread over here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296931

Just want to make sure everyone gets the latest gapps every time :)

Reactions: AnTerNoZ

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
Hi.

I can't manage offline voice recog. to work on my defy.

I followed the procedure in the OT.

+1 !

1-The references to the necessary files are obscure - exactly which GAPP file should we use, and exactly where do I find it to download?
2-What other files do I need, and exactly where are they?
3-Exactly what process is required?

Thanks in advance!

I find the whole process so frustrating - surely someone has nailed this and can share their success clearly?

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
+1 !

1-The references to the necessary files are obscure - exactly which GAPP file should we use, and exactly where do I find it to download?
2-What other files do I need, and exactly where are they?
3-Exactly what process is required?

Thanks in advance!

I find the whole process so frustrating - surely someone has nailed this and can share their success clearly?

On Rapidshare is only the latest version. And on the other hosts may more but there is a date in the zip name to know which is the last one.

2. U only need the gapps for proper work of the google stuff, only for offline recognition there are more files need from my dev host

3. For using the gapps just flash it after ROM, all my mods or other things come within a zip file what u just have to flash. If this don't work ur system partition is to small, cause this isn't a minimal pack. it's only a pack for my personal needs that I share for ppl they want the same.

Hi.

I can't manage offline voice recog. to work on my defy.

I followed the procedure in the OT.

It could be that a newer google now require new files which I can't provide, can't check that cause I'm not running a cm10 ROM ATM, sorry for late reply but I don't found time for xda or something Android related.

cheth20

Sep 11, 2006
Offline pack for India?

Hi,

Could somebody kindly upload the offline voice recognition pack for India?

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
Bump - offline recognition

So is the idea of offline recognition dead for the Defy phones, due to some change in Google's setup?

I'm still completely confused :silly:about EXACTLY which file to use and the steps to take, IF it's still possible.

The links I click either take me to another thread or sets of files that don't seem appropriate. I really don't understand why the specifics can't be expressed quickly and easily

1. Is Offline Recognition still an option?
  2. Which GAPPS file EXACTLY (PLEASE link to one file)
  3. Where / what are the precise step-by-step instructions?

pcz

Jan 6, 2011
Hi all.

Can anybody provide me a mirror, because none ofe the first post working :(.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know that goo.im not so fast provide new update for the Gapps pack as Google outputs new Updates.
    In our CM10 thread by Quarx i had provide two Updates for the Gapps pack, but the thread is long and u search endless for the Gapps pack.
    That's why i provide the links in this thread for u, every time a System apk updates, i made some new pack (in three or four days) for u.
    If u search for the light Gapps pack, look in the OP of the JB thread in Dev section-> here Or use the one from TJKV, over here.

DEFY Custom GAPPS
    by AnTerNoZ

All my Gapps EXCLUDE Pico TTS-Data or Google Offline Voice-Recognition
    but u can download Pico TTS and Offline Recognition separate
    it's based on Original goo.im Gapps

Please read all Information to be sure it works right!

Version 20130519 -fixed-

Code:
    app/CarHomeGoogle.apk
    app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    app/GmsCore.apk
    app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
    app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    app/GoogleEars.apk
    app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    app/GoogleLoginService.apk
    app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
    app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    app/GoogleTTS.apk
    app/Hangout.apk [COLOR="Lime"]<- Update lib[/COLOR]
    app/LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
    app/MediaUploader.apk
    app/Microbes.apk
    app/NetworkLocation.apk
    app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
    app/Phonesky.apk
    app/QuickSearchBox.apk
    app/SetupWizard.apk
    app/VoiceSearchStub.apk

I add following to the Gapps pack:

• Google Music
    • YouTube
    • Google Car
    • GMS Core App

I exclude following from the Gapps pack to get some Space on System:

It still might be a little bit too big, if u use other tweaks like init.d scripts or something. I would advise to delete some system apps before install gapps like LiveWallpapers and Apollo if u use Google Musik. U can do this with AROMA FM or if TWRP works right for u with TWRP. Or u use Root Explorer on your Phone and unzip the ROM, delete Apps and re-zip it ... it works.

This apps can be delete without problems:

• Apollo.apk <- Apollo Musikplayer
    • CMFileManager.apk <- Cyanogenmod Filemanager
    • CMFileManagerThemes.apk <- CyanogenMod Themes for Filemanager
    • CMWallpapers.apk <- CyanogenMod Wallpapers
    • Calculator.apk <- Calculator
    • DeskClock.apk <- Only if u don't use the Alarm function
    • Email.apk <- It's for other Mail accounts like Yahoo or GMX, if u use Google Mail only or had a other Mail Programm u can delete it
    • Exchange2.apk <- for Email.apk to Sync
    • LatinIME.apk <- Android Stock Keyboard, secure to delete if u use SwiftKey or Swype [be sure u install other Keyboard FIRST*]
    • LiveWallpapers.apk <- Stock Android Live Wallpaper
    • Stk.apk <- Manage Sim Card Options for Prepaid Cards or Provider Services
    • Term.apk <-Terminal, u can Download it from PlayStore in Data
    • Trebuchet.apk <- Trebuchet CyanogenMod Launcher, can be delete if u use other Launcher like ADW or Apex [be sure u install other Launcher FIRST*]

* if u don't install a second part app first u get many problems at start

Offline Recognition Packs​
    for Defy Custom GAPPS

Now that I got most offline Data u can choose between thirteen packs
    fixed versions uploaded

How-To for Working Offline Recognition:
    • go to mnt/sdcard/Android/system/usr/srec with Root Explorer (or a File-explorer that can link Folders)
    • long press on en-US (or the Voice you've donwnload) folder and choose to link it
    • go to system/usr/srec and link the folder here
    • after u restart the phone it work!

Root Explorer work best for Link the folder don't know if other File-Explorers link the same way.

Defy CM10 Mod's
    by AnTerNoZ

Some Mod's for CM10 Defy (or other ROM that have Android 4.1)

• If u want Gallery and Keyboard from Android 4.2 there is a Zip on the Host to set both as System Apps and overwrite the normal Gallery/Keyboard
    • A Mod for Bootanimation an Bootlogo can be found in Mod Folder
      Picture:

• A Script that automatic delete tombstones

U can find them in CM10 Defy Mod's Folder

Hope ur like it. :fingers-crossed: U can click Thanks if u do. That's enough.

Mirrors:
    Dev Host Online!
    UncleDan.it Online!
    Rapidshare.com Custom GAPPS Pack Only Online!
    Upload Mirrors.com Custom GAPPS Pack Only Online!

Many thanks to the People Hosting my Files :good:
    UncleDan

And Special thanks goes to
    Quarx; Epsylon3; maniac103; nadlabak; Kayant; Blechd0se; skeevy420; and all other Dev's that let our Defy flight on Jelly Beans :cool:
    I'ts done!
    I found the time and Upload what it can with my poor connection, it feels like 56k ...

New things are:
    13 Offline Voicerecognition packs!
    1 Updated Gapps pack!
    &
    moved Quarx Kernel into own Folder on DevHost
    Hey, is there any chance you could do this package with inverted MMS and contacts? I tried and got boot loop...

MB526 CM10'd by QUARX

The BAKED inverted contacts? If so, it causes the dialer to crash, at least it does in PA. All the rest of the BAKED inverted gapps works just fine, but contacts has issues. If you have GooManager, you can quickly download and install them by going to Browse All Files>Devs>BAKED. Once there, go to inverted apps for GMail, Plus, GMusic, GReader, and gapps for inverted gapps.

The inverted apps can be a bit hard to install because you have to delete the respective app from /system if you used Gapps Full, but Gapps, Calendar, and Contacts are all flashable zips; and GooManager will reboot your phone, wipe cache\dalvik, and flash the zips. The only interaction you'll have in the zip flash process is selecting yes to wipe dalvik cache and rebooting the phone once your done.

Using GooManager is the easiest way to flash multiple zips. If you don't use GooManager, you should start using it cause its very helpful.

@AnTerNoZ

If you like, I can start hosting your Updated Gapps on Goo.im. I've seen the posts about your Dropbox going down and upload issues. PM me if you're interested.
    The BAKED inverted contacts? If so, it causes the dialer to crash, at least it does in PA. All the rest of the BAKED inverted gapps works just fine, but contacts has issues. If you have GooManager, you can quickly download and install them by going to Browse All Files>Devs>BAKED. Once there, go to inverted apps for GMail, Plus, GMusic, GReader, and gapps for inverted gapps.

The inverted apps can be a bit hard to install because you have to delete the respective app from /system if you used Gapps Full, but Gapps, Calendar, and Contacts are all flashable zips; and GooManager will reboot your phone, wipe cache\dalvik, and flash the zips. The only interaction you'll have in the zip flash process is selecting yes to wipe dalvik cache and rebooting the phone once your done.

Using GooManager is the easiest way to flash multiple zips. If you don't use GooManager, you should start using it cause its very helpful.

Thanks for that.

I'm currently using the justunbean quickflash v2.01 inverted gapps pack. Same problem... all other apps work fine but the dialer application doesn't install. I have another flashable zip for inverted contacts and phone 4.1 04082012 made by "Skylar" (I think) that does work. So by flashing it over the justunbean gapps everything works and is inverted :D

Everything else in this ROM is freakin' awesome!

BTW. I'm using red lens defy running Quarx latest CM10 defy+ on GB kernel (CM9 + Walter DHT-22).

MB526 CM10'd by QUARX

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I am using quarz 20120912 jb rom,i want to flash this gapps, can i just flash it without wipe cache? Or reinstall the jb rom first then flash gapps??

Sorry for my poor english

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

No need to reflash rom, just flash over your current setup. You are probably best wiping both cache and dalvik to be sure. Reboot and you are done :)

MB526 CM10'd by QUARX
    This Gallery have picasa sync?

Could I just delete old gallery and install the new in package? or I need to chance some other file (like text)?

I don't care about google now, but picasa in gallery it's a big news to me! :p

Thanks a lot!

just flash the Gapps, it overwrites the old gallery, and the needed lib's already include in CM10

or look in my dropbox i uploaded only a gallery update pack if u don't want new google now

Jelly powered.Defy