streaming video "rtsp" using wifi

Search This thread

ksga

Feb 7, 2008
Copenhagen
Hi, I'm having some problems watching video streams using HTC streaming media .
I've tried different sites, and they all work when i'm using IE and 3G, EDGE or GPRS connections. But when I try using my WiFi connection (tried using both encrypted and open networks) I get an "cannot find network connection" error. Anybody got the sollution.

Dec 16, 2007
Lewisville Texas
Have you gone into the streaming media options and changed how its connecting? It might be trying to find your data connection instead of using the Wifi, it should switch automatically thought...

ksga

Feb 7, 2008
Copenhagen
Have you gone into the streaming media options and changed how its connecting? It might be trying to find your data connection instead of using the Wifi, it should switch automatically thought...

I think I tried just about every possible setting. My WiFi connection is set to "Internet" and so i streaming media.. I also tried when connected to my computer with same result..

Dec 16, 2007
Lewisville Texas
Hmm, there's been issues with the WiFi set to Auto that people have had with it connecting, but if you have a network connection that is functioning with its current settings then its something else.

Are you using the internal streaming media player or a third party one?

Edit: Okay I just goofed off with it and had the same issue, went into my Wlan settings under Power Options, I changed the setup from Best Battery (or auto if your's is set to it) to Best Performace and it worked imidiately, your phone is killing it because it kills battery power.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Cyprusqt

Sep 28, 2007
Hi, I'm having some problems watching video streams using HTC streaming media .
I've tried different sites, and they all work when i'm using IE and 3G, EDGE or GPRS connections. But when I try using my WiFi connection (tried using both encrypted and open networks) I get an "cannot find network connection" error. Anybody got the sollution.

I am having the exact same problem if anyone figures this out please message me