[Q] Weird Accelerometer problem in HD2. Please Help!

Search This thread

netchamp.faris

Mar 2, 2012
Mumbai, India
I purchased a used HD2 a few months ago which was preinstalled with Android 2.1 Sense. Everything was working perfectly (also the accelerometer). Then, after a few days of purchasing the touch screen digitizer was not working (i mean, no touch), so I gave it for repair and it was fine. But, the accelerometer was not working on the Android build (Nexus HD2 ICS v2.1 NAND) I was using (previously it worked before repair). So, I installed WinMo just to confirm and found that the accelerometer was working fine. Then, I installed WP7 Rom (HD2o) and again the accelerometer was working fine. I booted Android from SD (ParanoidAndroid) and the accelerometer was not working. I tested a few more builds and it was not working.
As it is working in Windows, I guess it is not hardware issue.
The Great folks at XDA, Please Help!

VojtaMach

Jul 5, 2010
I purchased a used HD2 a few months ago which was preinstalled with Android 2.1 Sense. Everything was working perfectly (also the accelerometer). Then, after a few days of purchasing the touch screen digitizer was not working (i mean, no touch), so I gave it for repair and it was fine. But, the accelerometer was not working on the Android build (Nexus HD2 ICS v2.1 NAND) I was using (previously it worked before repair). So, I installed WinMo just to confirm and found that the accelerometer was working fine. Then, I installed WP7 Rom (HD2o) and again the accelerometer was working fine. I booted Android from SD (ParanoidAndroid) and the accelerometer was not working. I tested a few more builds and it was not working.
As it is working in Windows, I guess it is not hardware issue.
The Great folks at XDA, Please Help!

Exactly the same problem here! I even dissasembled my hd2 to check if they didnt forget to plug something inside during the repair but it was alright. It also works in windows mobile but it is so ****ty system its barely usable. In any android version it doesnt work, I tried Task29, flashing new hspl, CWM, cLK, nothing helped, I DONT UNDERSTAND IT! What kind of error could it be?!

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
It's not 100% sure, but some people here in xda suspected digitizer/touchscreen for this anomaly: some digitizers are not android compatible.