These free Sony MDR-1R headphones they're giving away...

Search This thread

parapaul

Apr 27, 2008
West Midlands
Right. Who thinks these are actually going to be any good?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-prestige-headband/mdr-1r

The list price is £299, yet they're GIVING them away with every Xperia Z. I can't see any for sale yet on ebay, but I expect there will be a glut of them throughout March!

I have no interest in them, I'll be selling them straight on, but if I was buying I wouldn't pay more than 10% of the retail price.

Biffy

Aug 14, 2007
Right. Who thinks these are actually going to be any good?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-prestige-headband/mdr-1r

The list price is £299, yet they're GIVING them away with every Xperia Z. I can't see any for sale yet on ebay, but I expect there will be a glut of them throughout March!

I have no interest in them, I'll be selling them straight on, but if I was buying I wouldn't pay more than 10% of the retail price.

Plenty of reviews on the web saying they ARE good headphones.

They're giving them away because they don't cost Sony £299 to make them.

There are some for sale on ebay, with people explaining they won't have them till March. IMO, they will be lucky to get the £150+ they are asking, when you can buy them new with a warranty for £170ish.

Having a good pair of headphones is great, I have a £300 pair of Sennheisers and I'll still be keeping these Sony's.

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
I wouldn't be complaining about free headphones.... This is a special deal only to people in the UK! Be grateful because some people like myself who live in another country couldn't get this if we wanted to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: man03

hndr_haryanto

Jun 28, 2011
Jakarta
Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH20 and Wireless Headset DR-BTN200M

And how price for ftereo Bluetooth Headset SBH20 and Wireless Headset DR-BTN200M?

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
Reviews on these headphones indicate they're excellent quality for the asking price and VERY comfortable. I'm surprised Sony is providing them as I feel they're actually TOO good for something like this, but eh, more power to them for actually doing this.

I hope Canadians get something nice when we get the ZL :)

Reactions: Warrimonk

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium

Seriously? Even at their RRP they are pretty good headphones that are suited for almost all kinds of music. They really sound pretty good, they look great and they are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. What kind of headphones do you usually use then?

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Im not going to get them cause i'll buy my Xperia without that deal ( not from carrier ) but i'd love to have them so if any of you want to sell theirs for reasonable price via ebay - i might be interested :)

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
Reviews on these headphones indicate they're excellent quality for the asking price and VERY comfortable. I'm surprised Sony is providing them as I feel they're actually TOO good for something like this, but eh, more power to them for actually doing this.

I hope we get something with the ZL as well.... But knowing how much of an asshole the Canadian providers are.... There probably won't even be a preorder. If you really want these headphones it might be worth ordering from three with a 1 month contract... If they will even internationally ship it.

parapaul

Apr 27, 2008
West Midlands
Seriously? Even at their RRP they are pretty good headphones that are suited for almost all kinds of music. They really sound pretty good, they look great and they are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. What kind of headphones do you usually use then?
I can't get on with over-the-ear heapdhones at all - I just don't find them comfortable. I have a pair of Sennheiser in-ear buds that are a couple of years old but they produce really good quality sound and I can wear them all day comfortably.

OsiBasi

Nov 26, 2012
These are great headphones, I own a pair... For F***s sake, now I'm mad cause I bought them about 6 months ago.

If you're 100% certain for this phone You should pre-order for the headphones, they're a great piece of cans. One of the best I've tried.

I was planning to wait to buy it and wait for some price drops... If I just didn't buy these headphones. I would've made a great deal :(

Oh well - Sh** happens.

AnubisNefer

May 2, 2012
I wouldn't be complaining about free headphones.... This is a special deal only to people in the UK! Be grateful because some people like myself who live in another country couldn't get this if we wanted to.

I live in holland and we had the same pre-order deal here.... So i got one, a silver one. Not sure if other countries offered the same.

samxool

Aug 24, 2012
wow,look at the prices of these on ebay.
Before the XZ came out, these were selling for lik £180, now there's so many, they're going for like £70-80!
might be time to buy some.
it annoys me giving money to scalpers, but then, they're gonna get less than half of what they wanted for them! :)

kakkaroto

Jun 6, 2010
They're actually very good headphone, however is anyone else having problems with the volume up & down buttons?
On mine they don't do anything the play/pause button works fine tho.

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
however is anyone else having problems with the volume up & down buttons?
On mine they don't do anything the play/pause button works fine tho.

The remote control is designed to work with iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad ect. It don't necessarily work on Android.

I just use the cable without the remote control.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

kakkaroto

Jun 6, 2010
The remote control is designed to work with iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad ect. It don't necessarily work on Android.

I just use the cable without the remote control.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Well that makes no sense, Sony headphones bundled with a Sony phone...... works better with an iphone!!

I'll probably still use the cable with the remote at least I can play/pause with it.

yaabaa1986

Oct 16, 2011
Just use the normal cable with a Sony bt heidset, atleast then the phone has no cables...

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How do you guys get the headphones for free?

first (1000(?)) pre orders
    from certain retailers