[Q] Phone is ON and stuck at blank (black) screen

Search This thread

altorian

Jul 26, 2014
Kharkov
Hello guys.

Today I decided to flash a custom ROM on my HTC One M8, I've installed TWRP recovery, and wanted to wipe my phone before I install the ROM. I was dumb enough to delete the ROM .zip file itself, and then I decided to push it with ADB and my PC USB Cable through "push myrom.zip /sdcard" command. Everything went ok, file was successfully pushed, but after that TWRP Recovery got stuck at black screen (LED is ON), phone power off button didn't work, nor power off+volume down did not.

Then I tried to "adb reboot recovery" but the black screen didn't go, instead of that I now have "adb devices" telling me the "device is offline". :crying:

So I am stuck at working black colored screen with LED on, I can't power off the phone, and ADB says that usb is offline now.

Any help please? How do I power down my phone to reboot it? If I will wait my phone battery to die itself to charge it and turn on my phone, it will take ages?

P.S. Forgot to mention, the phone has been in this blank screen condition for about 2 hours so far, and the battery (or proccessor?) seem to be working pretty hard, because phone's back panel is hot just like when I am playing a heavy graphics-intense 3D game on it. So phone is doing something, but not responding to buttons. I hope the battery will drain faster this way, so the phone will power off and I will be able to charge it and reboot at last?

Last edited:

altorian

Jul 26, 2014
Kharkov
The problem has been resolved!

The problem has been resolved! :victory:

At last, after being in that "rather dead than alive" condition for 6+ hours, my HTC One M8 battery got fully drained and the phone powered down.

I plugged it in to charge and it's alive again! :good:

P.S. If someone else will have this trouble in the future: on another forum people suggested me to press&hold all the buttons simultaneously on the phone (there are 3 of them: power button, volume up and volume down) - the phone should reboot after that.

P.S.S. Guys, if someone has a tech-related blog or a website, you could do an article about this problem and it's solution, because I haven't found anything about this on the Web, and figured out to wait for battery to drain just with my own logic. Anyway, such an article would be helpful for the Android community. ;)

Last edited: