Windows Port/Dual Booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

robherley13

Dec 1, 2013
Just recently, HTC and Verizon launched the HTC One M8 that comes stock with Windows Phone OS. Now since the phone has the exact same hardware, wouldn't that make it possible for us to port it over to our Android versions? I have seen this before on other HTC devices way back in the day as seen here. Personally, I would love to test out Windows on my M8 because I have personally never owned a Windows Phone before and having it Dual Boot would be awesome. If anyone knows about this, feel free to PM me! If I hear anything, I will update this post!

Thanks,
Rob

ext109

Jul 19, 2010
We won't know for sure until one of us got their hands on the M8 with Windows itself, but previous leaks have said that the bootloaders are cross-compatible. In other words, Windows can be booted on the "normal" M8 and android on the Windows m8. If this is true, we can definitely get Windows on the existing M8. The next thing would be dual boot which could be a bit more tricky, but since I am no dev myself I wouldn't be able to tell how tricky exactly.

Reactions: jowl_tnt

robherley13

Dec 1, 2013
We won't know for sure until one of us got their hands on the M8 with Windows itself, but previous leaks have said that the bootloaders are cross-compatible. In other words, Windows can be booted on the "normal" M8 and android on the Windows m8. If this is true, we can definitely get Windows on the existing M8. The next thing would be dual boot which could be a bit more tricky, but since I am no dev myself I wouldn't be able to tell how tricky exactly.

Awesome! Sounds promising.

HRodMusic

Nov 30, 2010
Seattle
i could careless for dual booting as long as i could alternate android and windows roms, wouldnt mind flashing one every week =)

jcable2

Feb 3, 2010
I sure hope we will be able to easily flash WP onto the existing M8 on any carrier with out a problem. Would love to go it a Sprint M8 and put windows phone on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use this thread for discussions on this subject from now on. Consolidation.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/general/htc-one-m8-windows-t2852507