[Q] Edit "open from" menu?

Search This thread

hawki

When attaching files to gmail emails, you go to the "open from" menu. There are other areas that takes you to this or a similar menu. Is there any way to edit/mod/hack the items/apps that show on the list of available selections? See pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-23-17-56-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-23-17-56-14.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 18

ajnabicancer

Apr 10, 2014
When attaching files to gmail emails, you go to the "open from" menu. There are other areas that takes you to this or a similar menu. Is there any way to edit/mod/hack the items/apps that show on the list of available selections? See pic.

i don't know about mod/hack or etc.... but the point is, you get to reach every location for selecting file you want to attach. you got file manager, that's all. unless you want to less the options etc..

Reactions: hawki

ajnabicancer

Apr 10, 2014
Thanks for the reply. But yes, looking for less options and choices as I only use 4-8 of the choices and many I will never use.

They seems to be the default options of the app itself, maybe there are some ways ti less them or alternate app for gmail. I'm not aware of any relative app for specific limited options. Maybe there won't be any but might be possible doing modifications. Lets see, incase someone here have any info/help on that.

Reactions: hawki

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i don't know about mod/hack or etc.... but the point is, you get to reach every location for selecting file you want to attach. you got file manager, that's all. unless you want to less the options etc..
    Thanks for the reply. But yes, looking for less options and choices as I only use 4-8 of the choices and many I will never use.

They seems to be the default options of the app itself, maybe there are some ways ti less them or alternate app for gmail. I'm not aware of any relative app for specific limited options. Maybe there won't be any but might be possible doing modifications. Lets see, incase someone here have any info/help on that.