[Q] (Q) Best rom for all day GPS use.

Search This thread

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
I am doing a 90 mile off road bike ride for charity and want to use my DHD for the trip.

I plan on using Endomondo for GPS positioning and online tracking. At the same time I'll use the music player if thats possible.
I want the phone to be available for emergency contact in/outgoing calls.
I reckon as its off road, I'll be 10 hours in the saddle.

I am on the lookout for a rom thats really light on battery, has a good GPS function and should last the distance. I dont want to be at 5% battery and find I need the phone for emergency calls.

I could use a seperate GPS etc or carry a spare battery but I want to keep the kit to a minimum..... and swapping battery half way will **** up the GPS tracking.

G

GuestK007

I am doing a 90 mile off road bike ride for charity and want to use my DHD for the trip.

I plan on using Endomondo for GPS positioning and online tracking. At the same time I'll use the music player if thats possible.

I am on the lookout for a rom thats really light on battery, has a good GPS function and should last the distance. I dont want to be at 5% battery and find I need the phone for emergency calls.

I could use a seperate GPS etc or carry a spare battery but I want to keep the kit to a minimum..... and swapping battery half way will **** up the GPS tracking.

none will last for 10hrs of gps and data usage
be best to just have a sep. gps unit and put the phone on airplane mode. or buy a solar charger lol
the rom itself isnt going to be the world of difference. but i would personally stick with non-sense gingerbread with no widgets and as little running on the phone as possible

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève

The only rom which comes to my mind which would provide you the longest battery life is Oxylite, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1413129

Though it won't last you 10 hours of non stop usage because you'll have your screen turned on and your GPS running.

Reactions: Prof Peach

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK

michalpro

Mar 29, 2011
Glasgow
Sorry to disappoint you but there is no ROM that would not be drained after 90 miles on the bike with the GPS on. GPS used for tracking still consumes a lot of energy and to be honest, even a standalone GPS device would be out of battery after 4-5 hours.
As the battery change during tracking would break the Edomondo tracking, I would suggest to get a portable charge bank, something like 2500 mAh, which you could connect to the USB port of your Desire.
Those are quite cheap, you can buy them for around £15 from online stores.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The only rom which comes to my mind which would provide you the longest battery life is Oxylite, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1413129

Though it won't last you 10 hours of non stop usage because you'll have your screen turned on and your GPS running.