H icon to 4g? Need help

Search This thread

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
I have a nexus 5 running 4.4.2 aosp hammerhead and I was wondering if any body knows where I can find a zip to flash the h icon to a 4g icon. I don't like the h icon. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my AOSP on HammerHead using xda app-developers app

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
You'd have to make one yourself. Because H isn't 4g, there aren't many people who would want to create that

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
I'd rather keep it into a H/H+. :/ I wanna know what I'm using @shooterlgk. I'm sure many others would agree. Unfortunately for you your that small percentage that wants what you want.

You just gotta find a Dev who can do it. Maybe try contacting whoever makes gravitybox to add that feature in. That guy is always adding more and more and more features, even VERY VERY VERY small ones.

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

mortenmhp

Jul 23, 2008
Hedensted
Why would you want to make at say something incorrect?

If you want 4g/LTE changing the icon won't make a difference, if you are still connected to hspa, connecting to LTE/4g will.. And then it should say LTE instead.

Last edited:

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
Why would you want to make at say something incorrect?

If you want 4g/LTE changing the icon won't make a difference, if you are still connected to hsdpa, connecting to LTE/4g will.. And then it should say LTE instead.

He wants the H/H+ to say 4G(he could have it 4G/4G+)and LTE to say LTE.

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

mortenmhp

Jul 23, 2008
Hedensted
I get that, but since 4g is synonymous with lte in most parts of the world and hspa+ is an extension of the 3g standard at best it makes no sense to make it say 4g when using hspa/hspa+. If anything, 4g should replace lte in the statusbar.(technically you cant describe lte in its current form as 4g either, but since the providers branded it that way, it'll have to do for now)

Last edited:

Pekempy

You would need to edit your ROMs SystemUI.apk, in the res/drawables folders, find the images for the data and copy the 4G one and paste it and rename it to the name of the H one.

That is how you can do it, for editing the SystemUI you would need to use something like APK Tool.
Just know that
H =/= 4G,
H+ =/= 4G,
LTE =/= 4G.
4G is 4G and changing icons wont change that :p

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
I just hate the h icon. I had an s4 before an would get a 4g icon and once I came to the nexus I got an h..and I tried messing with the system ui says icons r missing

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
Couldn't get it to work..I've tried messing with the system ui and flashing zips and nothing.. thanks anyway