1.54.07.00 radio from ATT rom

Search This thread

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
I'm using Radio 1.54.07.00 in Bethlehem, PA. I'm located in a large laboratory (metal building) without windows. I currenly have 4 bars on my telephone. I tried it this morning and got a quick connection with very good reception.

I used to have Verizon and it was touch and go with telephone reception in the lab.

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
I've been running this radio for 24 hours now on vp3G's 3.60 ROM and the results have been good. I upgraded from Radio 1.50 which I found to work best in the Dallas/Fort Worth area prior to this new 1.54 radio. Only 24hours so far, but I have seen modest improvements all across the board.

1.50 to 1.54.07.00 (In Dallas and Westlake today)
Signal marginally better (maybe one extra bar here and there)
Less jumping between Edge and 3G in my house
3G signal more often
20% more battery left (1.50=40%, 1.54=60% end of average day use)
Average Speed test over 700kbs (around 640kbs on 1.50)

I will keep give an update after some more use, but I would recommend you give the radio a shot if you are in the DFW area.

guess ill give it try here in the austin area. close enough!!! thanks

Oppressa

Jun 9, 2005
Sydney
Telstra, Australia. Not much difference between this and 51.

Calls clarity is good, data hasn't been tested.

Duper00

Jul 6, 2007
1.48 to 1.54

Here in SW Florida, US...doesn't seem to be much of a difference. Havn't noticed anything bad or good. Only been using it for a few hours, but will give more info if warranted.

Duper

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
Why does this updater say its going to do things to my phone like "temporarily SuperCID" it and to "SSPL" it when I am already running HardSPL v7 Olipro 2.10?

Will it cause any problems? Is this maybe why some people are getting problems and having to completely reflash their entire phone?

Is there anyone that can answer my question please?

haggelz

Jul 28, 2007
hello everyone,

I just updated to 1.54.07.00 from 1.50.00 and the reception looks better, maybe a bar or 2. It grabs service coming from no service areas very fast. Battery life seems better too, at the end of the day im usually at like 1 bar, now i have two. 3G signal strength seems noticeably better. Overall vp3g's 3.62 w the radio seems pretty stable and works alot better here in socal.

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
Details as per my signature.

No longer got the "delay whilst doing stuff on data connection" problem.
Signal strength as good if not better than 1.54.00 and 1.50.00.
Signal acquisition very quick after a soft reset.
Battery life seems OK but I will monitor it.

Is there any changelogs for all the different radio releases?

dereknas

Mar 16, 2007
Ipoh
For the installation, I just need to run the ROMUpgradeUt file and just follow the instructions to install? The screen is different from the normal installation files where it detects force spl and the bootloader version.

Regards.

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
For the installation, I just need to run the ROMUpgradeUt file and just follow the instructions to install? The screen is different from the normal installation files where it detects force spl and the bootloader version.

Regards.

I run Olipro 2.10 (HardSPL V7) and what I did was download Olipro's CustomRUU from the post linked underneath and then unpacked that and the nbh file from the 1.54.07 rom archive (13mb ish) into a folder and ran the ruuwrapper.exe file, then selected auto detect and it found my olipro 2.10 bootloader and ticked the "is it hardspl" tickbox.

This worked for me, but if you aren't sure: Dont do it!
If you follow what I did I am taking no responsibility if you brick your phone.

anothersmith

May 8, 2006
Chicago
Radio 1.54.07.00

In Chicago & burbs, noticed considerable improvement from 1.50.00.10 - quicker connections to HSDPA and Data rate improvements, Signal strength seems to be the same, Battery life has yet to be determined. Staying with 1.54.07.00, will be upgrading to VP3G's 3.62 soon.

Memnoch30

May 22, 2007
Chicago
In Chicago & burbs, noticed considerable improvement from 1.50.00.10 - quicker connections to HSDPA and Data rate improvements, Signal strength seems to be the same, Battery life has yet to be determined. Staying with 1.54.07.00, will be upgrading to VP3G's 3.62 soon.

Same location here and I've experienced just the same. I got home last night after heavy video streaming and I still had 60% battery left as opposed to 40% previously but it's just one day of use. I'll report back in a couple days regarding battery life.

andreasy

Apr 2, 2005
it takes too long to release the keypad to allow you to type the sim password. first time it froze, then it seems frozen but after a while it allows you to type. for the time being, (1st 10 minutes) it seems that reception isn't steady. it goes up and down.

DSCLegend

Apr 16, 2007
Los Angeles, CA, on AT&T network had 1.48 for the longest time, 1.50 and 1.51 didn't work for me (MMS issues) Using the 1.54.07 and it's working great. No dropped calls in my usual dead spots. Battery life seems improved as well.

blackout128

Aug 5, 2007
New Jersey
I run Olipro 2.10 (HardSPL V7) and what I did was download Olipro's CustomRUU from the post linked underneath and then unpacked that and the nbh file from the 1.54.07 rom archive (13mb ish) into a folder and ran the ruuwrapper.exe file, then selected auto detect and it found my olipro 2.10 bootloader and ticked the "is it hardspl" tickbox.

This worked for me, but if you aren't sure: Dont do it!
If you follow what I did I am taking no responsibility if you brick your phone.

Thanks for the tip..worked great and less nerve racking