CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

Search This thread

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
I've got horrid battery life (down to 60% in 5 hours of LOW use) and some wifi issues (sometimes has a hard time connecting, sometimes not).

I'm going to try the davlic and cache wipe and report back.

I'd suggest clearing the battery stats as well, I think this is what helped me the most. My battery usage the first time around was virtually the same, almost 10% per hour. Now, since clearing the battery stats, I get this...

screenshot-1327690864400.png

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
I would like to report the only problem I have had with CM7 on my DX2 is one of my apps not restoring data I backed up before flashing. Other than that, I LOVE THIS ROM! I used this ROM on my old Dinc and absolutely loved it then too. I feel at home with CM7, and since this is only a beta version, I can't wait for the final release!

This will most likely never comeout of beta unless Cyanogen picks it up as an official. That isn't likely to happen so don't wait and enjoy today

iBolski

I'd suggest clearing the battery stats as well, I think this is what helped me the most. My battery usage the first time around was virtually the same, almost 10% per hour. Now, since clearing the battery stats, I get this...

screenshot-1327690864400.png

It's been stated by a Google engineer that wiping battery stats will do nothing to help improve battery life.

Here's the article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping-battery-stats-doesnt-improve-battery-life-says-google-engineer

It's main purpose is to keep track of what has been using the battery. Wiping it just means you start over the monitoring of what is using the battery. It does nothing to improve or worsen your battery life.

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
It's been stated by a Google engineer that wiping battery stats will do nothing to help improve battery life.

Here's the article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping-battery-stats-doesnt-improve-battery-life-says-google-engineer

It's main purpose is to keep track of what has been using the battery. Wiping it just means you start over the monitoring of what is using the battery. It does nothing to improve or worsen your battery life.

It's also well-known that it takes time for ROMs to acclimate and properly report battery state. Sorry if I implied it would improve actual battery life, it was more to say that battery life/state seems to be more accurate after wiping the battery stats while in BSR. I had rebooted numerous times the first time I installed CM7, battery usage/state reported across those 2 days was the same. Crappy.

This time around I cleared the battery stats while in BSR and installed the exact same zips, then restored the same data. This time around the battery state is much more in line with what I would expect.

Clearing the battery stats appears to have resulted in CORRECT reporting of battery life/state, not actually increased it. I did not let the battery drain completely the first time I installed CM7.

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
Well, day 3 and everything is working great still. No cell issues, no notification bugs, etc. Now I'll be able to survive until my upgrade date, woohoo!

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

BreatheALittle

Jan 23, 2012
The Land of Sun and Fun
For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.

Thanks so much for this tip! I was having the wifi/3G connectivity problems as well. I found that a simple reboot would fix it temporarily, but didn't want to always have to reboot my phone. I wondered why the directions to install CM7 advised to wipe both cache and dalvik cache directly after install. Guess I shouldn't have skipped that step? Now I know...

EDIT: So, after I cleared the caches, I noticed my phone was no longer reading my battery. The battery icon simply had a "?" in it. Rebooting fixed it, but just wanted to give the heads up in the instance that anyone else experiences it.

Last edited:

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
so far, with the most recent version of cm7 installed,these are the issues I'm having:
-Modern combat games wont work.
-script manager is sketchy, can't load kick ass kernalizer, but can load the other two with noproblems.
-I don't like how the sdcards are setup. Nothing installs to the riht location because all the Emory locations are rearranged. Sd-flip flop doesnt work.
So farthose are the few problems. Otherwise a generally fast rom otherwise. Might give the NEW MIUI a shot too. Does anyone know if u can go from cm7 to MIUI since itsays ituses some cm7 framework?

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
same problem with notification bar

Specifically: I "grabbed" a download complete notification on accident. It dragged a few centimeters and glitched the whole thing. Only problem I've had. And also try the cache cleaner( for heavy use set to auto clean every hour)...

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I believe the script manager settings are conflicting with the cyanogenmod settings. See what the script is setting the values to and edit in the cyanogen mod settings...

Mikeyfitz14

Jan 3, 2011
NH-603
I have the notification and WiFi issues as well, though I just changed the sleep policy, so I will have to test it and see if it resolves the problem.

This morning my alarms did not function properly, the alarm went off (phone vibrated) but not audible alarm. I confirmed that they were set correctly and tested with newly set alarms. Reboot fixed.

I have also been having problems with Google Music/Pandora and the Music app. If I am listening to Google Music/Pandora and then "quit" the program (using menu button) the program will close, but Music then opens and starts playing? I remember that there was an setting to pause/play when headphones were connected or disconnected in older software versions, but I cant find that setting anymore. Anyone else seeing this issue?

eccm

Apr 28, 2011
I am trying to install this on my phone and have it Rooted and have access to the bootloader. I have the files from the CM7 thread on my SD card in a folder I labeled "APK and ZIP" When I go to the bootloader and select "install from SD" and the folder designated it tells me no files are found there. I have left the files zipped and tried it unzipped. Can anyone let me know what i may be doing wrong? I was going to ask in the development thread but I dont have access to that currently.

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
I am trying to install this on my phone and have it Rooted and have access to the bootloader. I have the files from the CM7 thread on my SD card in a folder I labeled "APK and ZIP" When I go to the bootloader and select "install from SD" and the folder designated it tells me no files are found there. I have left the files zipped and tried it unzipped. Can anyone let me know what i may be doing wrong? I was going to ask in the development thread but I dont have access to that currently.

Are you following the op to a T? Are you using tenfar's BSR and not android recovery? You do not have to rename the cm7 file.

Reactions: eccm

eccm

Apr 28, 2011
Are you following the op to a T? Are you using tenfar's BSR and not android recovery? You do not have to rename the cm7 file.

4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
5. Put both the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
7. Install the CM7 zip.

I followed the directions in step 4 and got to the bootloader that way to set backup and now use the "system recovery" in my app drawer to get there.

if I am understanding you correctly that isnt how i am supposed to get there, correct? I am supposed to use this file:

Patched BSR APK for ALL versions of CM7DX2

I have that on my SD as well, do I need to run that from my file manager or something before going into recovery?

compulov

Aug 17, 2010
I've had the Notification freeze glitch twice since running CM7 on my DX2. Using Notification Restart in the Market to restart the notification area clears the problem for me. FWIW, the CM changelog makes mention to something that sounds like this bug, and that a patch was merged in to fix it (google for cyanogen I75cc792a, since I can't post a link to it).
Hopefully a future build of CM7DX2 will bring in the latest merges and will fix this bug.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've had Wifi issues with CM7 on the DX2 as well.

maggard5

Dec 24, 2011
4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
5. Put both the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
7. Install the CM7 zip.

I followed the directions in step 4 and got to the bootloader that way to set backup and now use the "system recovery" in my app drawer to get there.

if I am understanding you correctly that isnt how i am supposed to get there, correct? I am supposed to use this file:

Patched BSR APK for ALL versions of CM7DX2

I have that on my SD as well, do I need to run that from my file manager or something before going into recovery?

Have you solved your problem?

maggard5

Dec 24, 2011
Not yet, I havent been home and wanted to make sure thats what i was supposed to do before I messed with it anymore.

You should be using the old bsr not the one in the cm7 thread.

Redownload the cm7.zip (do not unzip it) and put it on your sdcard. Run system recovery (install recovery and then recovery mode). Once into bsr, select "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard." Now navigate to the cm7.zip and select it. Then continue to follow the op instructions.

eccm

Apr 28, 2011
You should be using the old bsr not the one in the cm7 thread.

Redownload the cm7.zip (do not unzip it) and put it on your sdcard. Run system recovery (install recovery and then recovery mode). Once into bsr, select "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard." Now navigate to the cm7.zip and select it. Then continue to follow the op instructions.

Still having the same issue, in the bootloader i pick "Install zip from SD card" then "choose zip from SD card" and then the folder they are in and it say "no files found" I took them out of that folder and put them in the SD general folder and they dont show up there either. Not sure what would cause this. I may just be an idiot and not know what im doing, last time i did all this on my phone i had the original Droid and just used ROM Manager.

maggard5

Dec 24, 2011
Still having the same issue, in the bootloader i pick "Install zip from SD card" then "choose zip from SD card" and then the folder they are in and it say "no files found" I took them out of that folder and put them in the SD general folder and they dont show up there either. Not sure what would cause this. I may just be an idiot and not know what im doing, last time i did all this on my phone i had the original Droid and just used ROM Manager.

Replace the bsr with this one. Unzip it and put it on you sdcard, then run the apk from your sdcard to replace the one you are currently using.

Redownload the cm7.zip again and put it on the root of your sdcard.

eccm

Apr 28, 2011
Replace the bsr with this one. Unzip it and put it on you sdcard, then run the apk from your sdcard to replace the one you are currently using.

Redownload the cm7.zip again and put it on the root of your sdcard.

Same thing "No Files found" but they are on my SD, I have no clue what is going on, i am probably doing something wrong along the way but i went back and reinstalled bsr and redid the backup and re downloaded the CM7 file.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

If I can hunt down my camera I can take pictures and try to upload them if that would help anyone out.

maggard5

Dec 24, 2011
Same thing "No Files found" but they are on my SD, I have no clue what is going on, i am probably doing something wrong along the way but i went back and reinstalled bsr and redid the backup and re downloaded the CM7 file.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

If I can hunt down my camera I can take pictures and try to upload them if that would help anyone out.

Not sure what's going on. Kind of sounds like an incomplete download of the cm7 zip. You are using this one right? Cyanogenmod 7 for the Motorola Droid X2 - BETA

It should be 90.5 mb.

When all else fails, sbf and start over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.

Now for downloading large files, I have found that I have to use tasker to create a "power profile" that never turns off the screen. I do not have the WIFI loosing connection issue that has been reported, however I have noticed (on stock as well) that when the screen times out, downloads all fail or stop. Just my 2 cents. :D

Ciao!
    For the pull down toggles, settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>notification power widget>widget buttons.
    So I've read through the CM7 development threads and through this one regarding some of the issues. I am currently running on Liberty. Since I am still learning the Android world (read: I'm freaking clueless), would you guys suggest changing over to CM7, or staying with Liberty?

Thanks! (from the girl who's trying to learn...) :D

I have never run the liberty rom but i do recommend cm7. The only issue I've had is with wifi. It loses connection sometimes. I downloaded wifi fixer from the market. It doesn't fix the problem but it does reconnect wifi for me. Some have this problem and some don't.

Make a nandroid and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always go back to liberty.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App
    Thanks so much!! I found the directions to give it a try, and realized it was waaaaay more complex than what I felt comfortable doing on my own. Plus, it said I would have to install it from Gingerbread... so that would be 2 installs to complete. May have to wait for my tech guru for this one! However, I'm excited to check it out!

(By the way, I realized that on the couple posts I have, you have helped with both of them. Double thanks. :) )

Good luck with whatever you decide but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds. Moonshadow has created some great tutorials to guide you through each step. And you are welcome for the help.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App
    this is a known bug. there is a way to have working dsp, search android development.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

this is also a known bug. no fix.

When I was on cm7 I uninstalled dsp manager, flashed beats audio zip, then installed a aftermarket equalizer. No more problems lol.

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2