Solution for improving the sound on the nexus 7 - no root required

Search This thread

rgunara

May 27, 2011
For those who think the volume is not loud enough on the nexus 7, download the free app called Music Volume EQ. Open the app and click on the EQ button, this will go to the equalizer screen and you have to set the equalizer to "ON" and move all the 5 bars all the way to the top(move it to +15) and then that is it. You can close the program and keep it running in the background. I have not noticed any battery drop with it. It improves the volume alot. No root required.

smt8544

Mar 19, 2012
Melbourne
How's the actual sound quality? I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't a boost this large start to introduce distortion?

Mungulz

Oct 5, 2011
Sydney
How's the actual sound quality? I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't a boost this large start to introduce distortion?
Why don't you try it?

Anyway my investigation reveals that maxing out all volumes does induce a little distortion under bass, though I was listening to dubstep.
At 75% (Stock 50%, max 100%) on the application, volume was significantly improved, and distortion remained minimal.

I would suggest experimenting what works for you best, as not all speakers are made the same.

Strong suggestion OP.

manolos69

May 27, 2011
I'm using "volume+ (volume booster) by meltus. It increased my volume by 50% with no distortion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ty i was searching for an app like that. i use bs player and i think its the sound is so low.

nexus stock rom 4.1.1, unlocked and root, removed **** apps with titanium.

EDIT. oops doesnt work on stock?

Last edited:

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
ty i was searching for an app like that. i use bs player and i think its the sound is so low.

nexus stock rom 4.1.1, unlocked and root, removed **** apps with titanium.

EDIT. oops doesnt work on stock?

Sure it does....I'm stock on the N7 and it works perfect. I've been using it since last year when I bought the HTC sensation, if it wasn't for this app the sensation would be unusable. I'm now using it on the GNex as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

James-NC

Jul 14, 2012
Durham
The bs player has it's own volume control that will make the sound much louder.Just swipe up on the right side of the screen while playing a movie to increase the volume louder than the stock controls will allow.

rgunara

May 27, 2011
Why don't you try it?

Anyway my investigation reveals that maxing out all volumes does induce a little distortion under bass, though I was listening to dubstep.
At 75% (Stock 50%, max 100%) on the application, volume was significantly improved, and distortion remained minimal.

I would suggest experimenting what works for you best, as not all speakers are made the same.

Strong suggestion OP.
Yeah I meant to say maximize the EQ settings but the stock volume can be altered as needed. But yeah if the stock is maxed as well there will be distortions and won't be good for speeker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who think the volume is not loud enough on the nexus 7, download the free app called Music Volume EQ. Open the app and click on the EQ button, this will go to the equalizer screen and you have to set the equalizer to "ON" and move all the 5 bars all the way to the top(move it to +15) and then that is it. You can close the program and keep it running in the background. I have not noticed any battery drop with it. It improves the volume alot. No root required.