[Q] HELP! I need to flash a modem if anyone can help?

Search This thread

asheehanjr

Sep 5, 2011
Westfield, MA
Ok well, I got my replacement Moto G and everything was working ok on 4.3. Then I decided to manually flash Kitkat through adb after unlocking the boot-loader, and now I'm getting no service at all. :( lol. Um, yea So I have flashed the same firmware on the original Moto G that I had and had no problems flashing it. I don't know why I'm not getting any service on this one? I forgot to mention that I twent back to 4.3 through adb seeing that might of helped and did the kitkat upgrade after, and nada!

Baseband Version: MSM8626BP_1032.340.63.00b

System Version: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US

Build number: KXB20.9-1.8-1.4

Under status I'm getting Unknown Network, Mobile Network type Unknown, Service State: Radio off, Mobile network state, disconnected, Bluetooth address unavailable. That is what is missing under those sections. I'm assuming it has something to do with the radio/modem. If anyone has one they can let me flash for the Retail US version, I would highly appreciated. :good: Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: domdesforges

2hipso

Jan 4, 2014
Slovakia, Žilina
maybe a solution

Ok well, I got my replacement Moto G and everything was working ok on 4.3. Then I decided to manually flash Kitkat through adb after unlocking the boot-loader, and now I'm getting no service at all. :( lol. Um, yea So I have flashed the same firmware on the original Moto G that I had and had no problems flashing it. I don't know why I'm not getting any service on this one? I forgot to mention that I twent back to 4.3 through adb seeing that might of helped and did the kitkat upgrade after, and nada!

Under status I'm getting Unknown Network, Mobile Network type Unknown, Service State: Radio off, Mobile network state, disconnected, Bluetooth address unavailable. That is what is missing under those sections. I'm assuming it has something to do with the radio/modem. If anyone has one they can let me flash for the Retail US version, I would highly appreciated. :good: Thank you for your help!

try this:
1. open dialer
2. type this: *#*#4636#*#*
3. open Phone information
4. scroll down and tap "Turn on radio"

if nothing happened, try reboot... is it working?

Last edited:

asheehanjr

Sep 5, 2011
Westfield, MA
try this:
1. open dialer

then reboot... is it working?

I did try it and it didn't work for me but, I re downloaded the Android 4.4.2 Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US and flashed it via adb and, I switched the msfastboot modem 1 and 2 did that before flashing the modem NON-HLOS.bin and have everything working now. Phew. lol. Thanks for your help dude. Will note your method for future use. Thanks again! :good:

Reactions: domdesforges

2hipso

Jan 4, 2014
Slovakia, Žilina
i dont know what are you talking about but

I did try it and it didn't work for me but, I re downloaded the Android 4.4.2 Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US and flashed it via adb and, I switched the msfastboot modem 1 and 2 did that before flashing the modem NON-HLOS.bin and have everything working now. Phew. lol. Thanks for your help dude. Will note your method for future use. Thanks again! :good:

you're welcome :)

RestlessScreams

Oct 17, 2012

So you reflashed everything and what lines did you use or changed in fastboot?

Sharwin

Feb 19, 2014
Need Help. I cant turn on my WIFI !!!!

Hello. I have issue with my WiFi connection in my Moto G. I flashed 2 times 4.4.2 stock roms and nothing. I also downgrade to JB and always cant turn the WiFi button to ON in settings. PLZ HELP ME !!!

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

How you do that. I have identical issue with my Moto G . PLZ HELPPPPPP !!!!!
:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Sharwin

Feb 19, 2014
;(

Hello. I have issue with my WiFi connection in my Moto G. I flashed 2 times 4.4.2 stock roms and nothing. I also downgrade to JB and always cant turn the WiFi button to ON in settings. PLZ HELP ME !!!

Please. Anybody can help me, which lines I must change. I work on this phone yesterday more than 10 hours and nothing. I need help !!!!!!1 :crying:

jeety4079

Mar 23, 2011
Same issue as OP :( Help.

I am having the same issue as the OP. I tried to install modem 2 before 1 the way OP stated. But I still cant get any service on my phone. I also have the 1034 version of the device suited for T-Mobile. I tried to flash the stock radio as well but Im not getting any service. If someone knows what the issue is please help.

By the way my wifi is working just fine. Its the network I cant connect to. I tried my sim card and it work in another phone.

Thank you for any help.

doctor_evil

Dec 6, 2010
Gainesville GA
I'm also having the same problem. I have a US global model XT-1032 Moto G. No matter what the heck I try to do the radio always stays off on the phone. It worked fine prior to the 4.4.2 OTA update.

I've tried flashing just the modem from the 4.4.2 and 4.3 US firmwares for both the XT-1032 and XT-1034 versions and neither of them work, it always shows the network as unknown and the radio being turned off.

I have even tried erasing the modemst2 then modemst1 in that order and then flashing the modem with the non-hlos.bin file hoping that if I did it in reverse to the normal order it would fix the issue.

The sad thing is that since I unlocked the damn bootloader to do this, now I can't get any kind of warranty repair done on it by Motorola.

doctor_evil

Dec 6, 2010
Gainesville GA
I'm also having the same problem. I have a US global model XT-1032 Moto G. No matter what the heck I try to do the radio always stays off on the phone. It worked fine prior to the 4.4.2 OTA update.

I've tried flashing just the modem from the 4.4.2 and 4.3 US firmwares for both the XT-1032 and XT-1034 versions and neither of them work, it always shows the network as unknown and the radio being turned off.

I have even tried erasing the modemst2 then modemst1 in that order and then flashing the modem with the non-hlos.bin file hoping that if I did it in reverse to the normal order it would fix the issue.

The sad thing is that since I unlocked the damn bootloader to do this, now I can't get any kind of warranty repair done on it by Motorola.

I wanted to report that I fixed my problem with my moto-G, it turned out to be a XT-1034 instead of a XT-1032. I posted a blog post with a link for downloading the file that I used to fix the problem. Basically what I had to do was flash the 4.4.2 modem for a Retail GB model moto-G. This fixed the problem. here is the link http://doctorevil30564.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-to-fix-motorola-moto-g-xt-1034-that.html

UPDATE: the Retail US 4.4.3 factory image from here Blur_Version.210.12.32.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US fixed the radio on my XT-1034 so no need to use the previous method if you are having the same issue, just try flashing that version on your XT-1034

Last edited:

talhask

Dec 18, 2013
hi Guys ... i am having this same issue ....
I am on Android 4.4.2
Baseband version : MSM8626BP_1032.340.63.00R
System Version: 174.44.9.falcon_utms.TescoSL.en.GB
Build number: KLB20.9-1.10-1.9

In Status I have
Network : unknown
Mobile network type : unknown
service status : out of service
I've tried flashing stock 4.4.2 over adb but nothing happened

Last edited:

talhask

Dec 18, 2013
I wanted to report that I fixed my problem with my moto-G, it turned out to be a XT-1034 instead of a XT-1032. I posted a blog post with a link for downloading the file that I used to fix the problem. Basically what I had to do was flash the 4.4.2 modem for a Retail GB model moto-G. This fixed the problem. here is the link http://doctorevil30564.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-to-fix-motorola-moto-g-xt-1034-that.html

UPDATE: the Retail US 4.4.3 factory image from here Blur_Version.210.12.32.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US fixed the radio on my XT-1034 so no need to use the previous method if you are having the same issue, just try flashing that version on your XT-1034

hi Guys ... i am having this same issue ....
I am on Android 4.4.2
Baseband version : MSM8626BP_1032.340.63.00R
System Version: 174.44.9.falcon_utms.TescoSL.en.GB
Build number: KLB20.9-1.10-1.9

In Status I have
Network : unknown
Mobile network type : unknown
service status : out of service
I've tried flashing stock 4.4.2 over adb but nothing happened

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe a solution

try this:
    1. open dialer

if nothing happened, try reboot... is it working?

try this:
    1. open dialer

then reboot... is it working?