[Q] OTA update to 10.4.B.0.569

Search This thread

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
I updated OTA to 10.4.B.0.569 a few weeks ago.

My phone is stock, rooted, locked BL.

Today I'm getting another OTA system update notice to 10.4.B.0.569 - showing 1.2mb

This is the same version as I already have, but showing a very small size.
Does anyone know about this, and what it is?

Thanks.

Last edited:

SalamiQueen

Sep 30, 2012
I AM FEMALE
I updated OTA to 10.4.B.0.569 a few weeks ago.

My phone is stock, rooted, locked BL.

Today I'm getting another OTA system update notice to 10.4.B.0.569 - showing 1.2mb

This is the same version as I already have, but showing a very small size.
Does anyone know about this, and what it is?

Thanks.

I'm getting this too, read somewhere it's supposedly there to update apps but I don't know 100%.. Can't get rid of the message either from my status bar! I also have 101 ready to install on PCC so not sure if I can just update straight to that instead of going through the 569 update OTA? Hoping it won't interfere with my phone etc & mess things up...

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
I'm getting this too, read somewhere it's supposedly there to update apps but I don't know 100%.. Can't get rid of the message either from my status bar! I also have 101 ready to install on PCC so not sure if I can just update straight to that instead of going through the 569 update OTA? Hoping it won't interfere with my phone etc & mess things up...

Yeah, I hear that the 101 update is rolling soon (another few months then lol) - where did you get it early?

I'm going to run the update and see what it does anyway.

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
Mine is already available on PCC (UK generic) but I haven't had the chance to update yet. Not with the known bug of the screen not coming on when pressing the power button lol

Ah, I hardly ever connect mine to PCC lol, there ya go then. :silly:

I've heard about the screen not coming on, but I've never had any issues like that either.

Now it won't let me update cos the battery is only on 37% :rolleyes: lol

SalamiQueen

Sep 30, 2012
I AM FEMALE
Ah, I hardly ever connect mine to PCC lol, there ya go then. :silly:

I've heard about the screen not coming on, but I've never had any issues like that either.

Now it won't let me update cos the battery is only on 37% :rolleyes: lol

I just updated mine (569 again), said it would take 2 mins but not even that, more like 30 seconds!
Will let you know of changes I notice, but prob won't be any.

The screen not coming on I think is a known bug with 101, not sure about previous updates as I have never experienced this! :)

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
I just updated mine (569 again), said it would take 2 mins but not even that, more like 30 seconds!
Will let you know of changes I notice, but prob won't be any.

The screen not coming on I think is a known bug with 101, not sure about previous updates as I have never experienced this! :)

Well, got mine over 50%, ran the update, can't say I've noticed any differences to be honest.

Point to note - root was retained again.

Did only take 30 seconds or so, like you say.

I think I'll read up a bit more on the 101 update before I go there :good:

SalamiQueen

Sep 30, 2012
I AM FEMALE
Well, got mine over 50%, ran the update, can't say I've noticed any differences to be honest.

Point to note - root was retained again.

Did only take 30 seconds or so, like you say.

I think I'll read up a bit more on the 101 update before I go there :good:

I only noticed the calendar app being tiny bit different with new information being show on the widget..

Also weird thing just happened, last night when I checked PCC 101 was definitely there to update, now it's not there anymore & says I'm up to date..? :confused:

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
I only noticed the calendar app being tiny bit different with new information being show on the widget..

Also weird thing just happened, last night when I checked PCC 101 was definitely there to update, now it's not there anymore & says I'm up to date..? :confused:

Probably cos of the bugs lolike

Not like Sony to retract an update eh? Lol

wonneil

Nov 30, 2009
Kent
I am on Three and got the update yesterday, now I get 4G preferred, but not sure what else is different though...

Last edited:

jappy01

Mar 6, 2006
www.ehealthx.com
hi guys and gals

im already on 10.4.B.0.569 as well, rooted already.
got this notification of update with the size 1.2MB, so i am assuming its the same one.
from what i read here, its safe to install this update and it will not remove my root.

is my understanding correct?

btw i used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565850, when i updated to 10.4.B.0.569.

thanks

UPDATE

i tried installing, but after the reboot, it said it could not install.
any one experience this?
any suggestions what I can do?
thanks.

Last edited:

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
Ah, you've installed the custom. 569 ROM from NUT's thread.
Mine was stock. 569 OTA update originally, before this 1.2mb thing, perhaps that is why?

Sorry, can't help more, I'm still learning myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, I hear that the 101 update is rolling soon (another few months then lol) - where did you get it early?

I'm going to run the update and see what it does anyway.

Mine is already available on PCC (UK generic) but I haven't had the chance to update yet. Not with the known bug of the screen not coming on when pressing the power button lol