How to Utilize Note 3 with a Sony Double Din

Search This thread

TillmanFam2007

Nov 11, 2013
I am curious if anyone knows how to use the Note 3 with a Sony Double Din.

I can use BT of course but I would like to transfer movies to the head unit via files on my phone. I know I could just use a flash drive but I am trying to eliminate that. The head unit does not recognize my phone and is not compatible with the USB. Assuming this is because my Note 3 does not have the correct driver.

My phone is rooted and I would think there is a work around, I have searched for Sony Drivers just don't find a definite solution to download to my phone.

Thx

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am curious if anyone knows how to use the Note 3 with a Sony Double Din.

I can use BT of course but I would like to transfer movies to the head unit via files on my phone. I know I could just use a flash drive but I am trying to eliminate that. The head unit does not recognize my phone and is not compatible with the USB. Assuming this is because my Note 3 does not have the correct driver.

My phone is rooted and I would think there is a work around, I have searched for Sony Drivers just don't find a definite solution to download to my phone.

Thx

Does your head unit support android? Probably not, it's not a driver issue on the phone its your head unit not being compatible with Android/USB etc...

My KDC x395 supports iPhone but not android properly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

TillmanFam2007

Nov 11, 2013
HTML:
Does your head unit support android? Probably not, it's not a driver issue on the phone its your head unit not being compatible with Android/USB etc...

My KDC x395 supports iPhone but not android properly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

The head unit supports USB, just not mine. Guess I am stuck with Sony flash drives.

pkimkpop

Dec 16, 2012
HTML:

The head unit supports USB, just not mine. Guess I am stuck with Sony flash drives.

If your head unit supports USB then it should work. Originally the note 3 couldn't enable USB mass storage mode but now the compulsion kernel supports it. If u are rooted u can install the compulsion kernel and then download the sg USB mass storage enabler app. Then once u connect it to your Sony head unit with a cable it will read it as if it's a flash drive.:good: