[Q] CM9 Wifi issue

Search This thread
T

tykate

Hi,

I installed unofficial CM9 ROM on a spare Pico I had yesterday, and flashing and booting worked fine. In fact, I was able to use it for a good full hour. After that, I tried installing the unofficial CM11 ROM, but didn't quite like the UI compared to CM9. I wiped /system, /data, /cache, and even dalvik cache and flashed back to CM9. Wifi worked as soon as I was booted back into CM9, but about half an hour later, it decided to stop working. I went into Wifi settings and under my network, it said "Authentication problem". I also read that there were Wifi issues in CM9. Is this true? Also, is there a fix for this? Thanks for looking.

saadahmeddar

Jan 20, 2013
Sialkot
Hi,

I installed unofficial CM9 ROM on a spare Pico I had yesterday, and flashing and booting worked fine. In fact, I was able to use it for a good full hour. After that, I tried installing the unofficial CM11 ROM, but didn't quite like the UI compared to CM9. I wiped /system, /data, /cache, and even dalvik cache and flashed back to CM9. Wifi worked as soon as I was booted back into CM9, but about half an hour later, it decided to stop working. I went into Wifi settings and under my network, it said "Authentication problem". I also read that there were Wifi issues in CM9. Is this true? Also, is there a fix for this? Thanks for looking.

Yes there is a bug in CM9 and other roms based on it unless they have a fix patch!

Try other roms well there was a one rom that is i think based on cm9/10 yet it is stable and have no wifi issues

The only problem is it lags after applying int2ext scripts otherwise it is fast and stable.

iamrohit7

Mar 1, 2013
Try minicm9 or minicm10. They are fantastic. I have also faced the bug and rebooting helped every time.

aashking

Apr 8, 2014
Bangalore
Try xperia fusion Rom based on cm9 or try walkman sense by New to hacking its awesome...

Sent from my HTC Explorer X using xda premium