[Q] Bad radio? ME7 to NC5

Search This thread

vzwnexus

Sep 27, 2012
PORTLAND
Before I took my NC5 update, I had thought that maybe the reason why my internet on my phone was slow was just because I was still running "Jelly 'Beans' 7" and it was based on the ME7 baseband. Mind you, this just started about a couple of weeks ago. I figure that if it's a network issue, it may just blow away soon. I ended up getting so frustrated, I called Verizon. I was able to get the NC5 update but that still didn't solve it. The next solution by the tech support rep was to go ahead and swap the sim card. I went and exchanged it earlier but it's still slow as a slug on 4G. Sometimes, even like a slug that just had salt poured on it. It just wouldn't go. Is there a way for me to test the radio strength? I've been driving around and it seems like it drops in and out of 4G in areas where it didn't before as well. I'd rather not have to do an exchange since I don't like the refurbished models. Does anyone have any suggestions or can find another post similar? thanks in advance

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Before I took my NC5 update, I had thought that maybe the reason why my internet on my phone was slow was just because I was still running "Jelly 'Beans' 7" and it was based on the ME7 baseband. Mind you, this just started about a couple of weeks ago. I figure that if it's a network issue, it may just blow away soon. I ended up getting so frustrated, I called Verizon. I was able to get the NC5 update but that still didn't solve it. The next solution by the tech support rep was to go ahead and swap the sim card. I went and exchanged it earlier but it's still slow as a slug on 4G. Sometimes, even like a slug that just had salt poured on it. It just wouldn't go. Is there a way for me to test the radio strength? I've been driving around and it seems like it drops in and out of 4G in areas where it didn't before as well. I'd rather not have to do an exchange since I don't like the refurbished models. Does anyone have any suggestions or can find another post similar? thanks in advance

It's too bad you didn't stay where you were at so you could at least try flashing different modems to see if that fixed it for you . for me the Dev MK2 modem works the best . that being said though maybe you can look into the partial downgrade method on here. I'm not 100% if you did that you can then run SafeStrap again though since I'm on an MDK S4.

Other than that... They said your coverage area is good though and it's not on their end?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vzwnexus

Sep 27, 2012
PORTLAND
It's too bad you didn't stay where you were at so you could at least try flashing different modems to see if that fixed it for you . for me the Dev MK2 modem works the best . that being said though maybe you can look into the partial downgrade method on here. I'm not 100% if you did that you can then run SafeStrap again though since I'm on an MDK S4.

Other than that... They said your coverage area is good though and it's not on their end?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Before I did that, I did try flashing every other modem to see if that would fix it. Unfortunately, it didn't. I'm going to call them again later to have them check the network.

langm77

May 22, 2012
Livermore, CA
Before I did that, I did try flashing every other modem to see if that would fix it. Unfortunately, it didn't. I'm going to call them again later to have them check the network.

I am having the same issue. I updated the radio to NC5 and now I can only connect to 3G. I can't even get my phone to pickup LTE. I have tried to ODIN back to MDK but still can't pickup LTE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vzwnexus

Sep 27, 2012
PORTLAND
I am having the same issue. I updated the radio to NC5 and now I can only connect to 3G. I can't even get my phone to pickup LTE. I have tried to ODIN back to MDK but still can't pickup LTE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm waiting for my 4th phone to see if it'll fix my issue. It's still pretty jumpy for data but my pic messages are still 50/50. The guy at the store told me it could've possibly been due to the AWS but the tech over the phone said no. So, I don't know anymore.

langm77

May 22, 2012
Livermore, CA
I'm waiting for my 4th phone to see if it'll fix my issue. It's still pretty jumpy for data but my pic messages are still 50/50. The guy at the store told me it could've possibly been due to the AWS but the tech over the phone said no. So, I don't know anymore.
I ended up going to Verizon and getting a new Sim card. That fixed the issue for me.

myklbear

Dec 18, 2012
Northern New Jersey
MDK good radio, why change?

I am running stock radio with no problems in 'recognized' weak area but with no problems. I run Hyperdrive 15. Why should I up the radio, to what? TIA