Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
it's possible to use darktremor on SimpliGio, you just have to use extra effort... ;)

not everyone in this world love darktremor that's for sure... ;)

Ok - can someone tell me, what that extra effort is? Is it the same on the first page of this thread? To enable A2SD? Frankly, all that went over my head :)

If someone could offer an 'update.zip' to enable A2SD on Simpligio 1.2, that's installable from the recovery would be highly highly appreciated :) Thanks!!

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
For people who are interested in moving their Dalvik Cache's to sd-ext and that's what they depend primarily on A2SD for, try out Link2SD - does the same. It's a discovery for me, which opens many possibilities, including trying out KQB :)

The only options that actually worked on A2SD on our Gios using Giopro1.2 were; Dalvik Cache moves + rebuilds, Dalvik JIT, Zipaligning and Low Memory Setting (which I found pretty average and no major performance change using either of the settings). I was most interested in only the Dalvik Cache move, so I've found an alternate to A2SD.

Additional Info - I was excited about 'Link2SD', but it turned out to be a fail in my case, it seems to only create a reference to apps on SD, but apparently can not really move Dalvik Cache or enforce installations on SD, similar to what A2SD Darktremor does, which is superb at it - keeps my phone memory fantastically free.

klebengan

Apr 23, 2011
Jogjakarta
Ur link is anggabastian. He is ge88?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA Premium App
i think so. cos anggabastian look like his real name.

Ok - can someone tell me, what that extra effort is? Is it the same on the first page of this thread? To enable A2SD? Frankly, all that went over my head :)
If someone could offer an 'update.zip' to enable A2SD on Simpligio 1.2, that's installable from the recovery would be highly highly appreciated :) Thanks!!
yes. we have to manually execute a2sd enabler + update darktemor script. in link2sd we just need to instal app and done.

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T

Got it work, great, I'm learning stuff in the process. Although, it doesn't move my Dalvik to SD-EXT, doesn't give any error either. So I'm going to go do a factory reset again and restore the apps again.

klebengan

Apr 23, 2011
Jogjakarta
Got it work, great, I'm learning stuff in the process. Although, it doesn't move my Dalvik to SD-EXT, doesn't give any error either. So I'm going to go do a factory reset again and restore the apps again.

nice. besides that, we have option to manually link/unlink each app to sd in setting. if using titanium backup we need to checked the link option before restoring. i got a link of comparison a2sd darktremor and link2sd. i'll post it soon.

ghufronaka

Apr 30, 2011
he said there's some issues in new fw after modified was made.

- if using a non samsung boot animation the screen wont dissapearing a.k.a still appear in homescreen
- if using samsung default bootanimation, the CRT Animation wont work
- CRT Animation will work, but bootanimation screen is blank (full white)
- He feels that performance of KQB are slightly slower compare to KQ6

Maybe he will release the KQB based Simpligio if the issues resolved.

i just found out the same issue, after trying to make an Gingerbread.KQB darktremor.

i feel its because of the KQB using opengl as its driver, maybe..

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
nice. besides that, we have option to manually link/unlink each app to sd in setting. if using titanium backup we need to checked the link option before restoring. i got a link of comparison a2sd darktremor and link2sd. i'll post it soon.

Sure - that'll be great.

Ok - I've had A2SD installed, but I'm stuck with something weird. When i try moving Dalvik to SD-EXT, it says 'not enough space left', whereas, i manually deleted the entire SD-EXT data so it has around 533 MB free (says Titanium Backup Pro), but A2SD says totally otherwise.

Weird - weird - weird!

klebengan

Apr 23, 2011
Jogjakarta
Little Comparison of A2SD Darktremor and LINK2sd

Translate from this LINK.

This is a review and logic opinions from the poster. So please respond and choose wisely

LINK2SD:
Pros:
- Only installing the app of Link2SD without having to run any scripts (User Friendly for newbie)
- Easy to administer, when first running Link2SD automatically read EXT2 partition then reboot itself.
- We have an automatic/manually link/unlink every app installed
- Battery Friendly. Link2SD only moving the data for each application to SDCARD and not including its core applications. so when the application is run the batteries used only for powering the data read process from SDCARD, so more efficient use of battery power (Keep in mind, each reading / writing data on SDCARD requires battery power, the more data that must be Read / Write by the GIO, the greater the power needed)

Cons:
- Use the Internal Memory to store the core application, so the internal memory can be more quickly filled (in compare to dark tremors A2SD)
- Not all Official ROM / Stock ROM support Link2SD (Especially the Gingerbread), but with a Custom Rom, this can be excluded.
- Sometimes there are bugs in some ROM. when Restarting, Link2SD no longer linking applications that previously linked. So we have to re-linked again.
- Can not be installed side by side with applications such as Move2SD/App2SD. Link2SD must stand alone.

A2SD DarkTremor:
Pros:
- More free Internal Memory (compare to link2sd) because a2sd moving all data including its core applications to sdcard

Cons:
- Must use and applying a specific script will make trouble for some new user (not User Friendly)
- Must use high Class SDCARD to minize the lag in data transfer.
- Battery hunger. because the reading / writing to SDCARD will be more numerous and often so need more battery power.
- Mounting SDCARD via data cable will make the apps are not accessible. (will "crashed" the phone in a2sd extreme case)
- May reduce SDCARD usage life for its intensive data for Write/Read.

So in conclusion, if you are concerned with more efficient batteries, Link2SD is good to you. Otherwise A2SD Dark Tremor is more likely if your concern is MORE free Internal Memory.

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
Sure - that'll be great.

Ok - I've had A2SD installed, but I'm stuck with something weird. When i try moving Dalvik to SD-EXT, it says 'not enough space left', whereas, i manually deleted the entire SD-EXT data so it has around 533 MB free (says Titanium Backup Pro), but A2SD says totally otherwise.

Weird - weird - weird!

Delete few useless apps from system/app . There is not enough space that is why script is not copied. So delete and run the procedure of a2sd darktremor and then try moving dalvik cache

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
A2SD is what I need, because I need internal memory free. I'm okay with the little compromise on the battery, plus I've a Class 10 SD Card, so the speeds aren't an issue here.

Will try experimenting some more, when I've time. Currently, I haven't restored my apps yet. Will spend some time over the weekend, if i do get any..but thanks anyway to everyone who tried.

Translate from this LINK.

This is a review and logic opinions from the poster. So please respond and choose wisely

LINK2SD:
Pros:
- Only installing the app of Link2SD without having to run any scripts (User Friendly for newbie)
- Easy to administer, when first running Link2SD automatically read EXT2 partition then reboot itself.
- We have an automatic/manually link/unlink every app installed
- Battery Friendly. Link2SD only moving the data for each application to SDCARD and not including its core applications. so when the application is run the batteries used only for powering the data read process from SDCARD, so more efficient use of battery power (Keep in mind, each reading / writing data on SDCARD requires battery power, the more data that must be Read / Write by the GIO, the greater the power needed)

Cons:
- Use the Internal Memory to store the core application, so the internal memory can be more quickly filled (in compare to dark tremors A2SD)
- Not all Official ROM / Stock ROM support Link2SD (Especially the Gingerbread), but with a Custom Rom, this can be excluded.
- Sometimes there are bugs in some ROM. when Restarting, Link2SD no longer linking applications that previously linked. So we have to re-linked again.
- Can not be installed side by side with applications such as Move2SD/App2SD. Link2SD must stand alone.

A2SD DarkTremor:
Pros:
- More free Internal Memory (compare to link2sd) because a2sd moving all data including its core applications to sdcard

Cons:
- Must use and applying a specific script will make trouble for some new user (not User Friendly)
- Must use high Class SDCARD to minize the lag in data transfer.
- Battery hunger. because the reading / writing to SDCARD will be more numerous and often so need more battery power.
- Mounting SDCARD via data cable will make the apps are not accessible. (will "crashed" the phone in a2sd extreme case)
- May reduce SDCARD usage life for its intensive data for Write/Read.

So in conclusion, if you are concerned with more efficient batteries, Link2SD is good to you. Otherwise A2SD Dark Tremor is more likely if your concern is MORE free Internal Memory.

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Thanks Waqas - I'll try that and try reinstalling the script too.

But, do you think it could be the case, when I've got 50 MB Free on ROM, 120 MB Free on Internal?

Ok - i noticed something else, on Titanium Backup Pro, I used to see SD-EXT showing 533 MB Free. Now, it totally stopped showing SD-EXT? Could it be a problem mounting SD-EXT? If so, how can i verify and how i re-mount?

Thanks!

Delete few useless apps from system/app . There is not enough space that is why script is not copied. So delete and run the procedure of a2sd darktremor and then try moving dalvik cache

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
Thanks Waqas - I'll try that and try reinstalling the script too.

But, do you think it could be the case, when I've got 50 MB Free on ROM, 120 MB Free on Internal?

Ok - i noticed something else, on Titanium Backup Pro, I used to see SD-EXT showing 533 MB Free. Now, it totally stopped showing SD-EXT? Could it be a problem mounting SD-EXT? If so, how can i verify and how i re-mount?

Thanks!

Titanium Bacukup pro will show a2sd free space (sd-ext) once you successfully run the script , I am not using simpligio v1.2 but i had the problem for KQB and i solved it by deleting apps . if it doesn't work it means your rom doesn't support it.

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
It was showing it on the first/second reboot, but now Titanium isn't showing the SD-EXT anymore.

Do you know, how to mount SD-EXT manually, directly on the phone? Or auto-detect it or something?

Titanium Bacukup pro will show a2sd free space (sd-ext) once you successfully run the script , I am not using simpligio v1.2 but i had the problem for KQB and i solved it by deleting apps . if it doesn't work it means your rom doesn't support it.

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
It was showing it on the first/second reboot, but now Titanium isn't showing the SD-EXT anymore.

Do you know, how to mount SD-EXT manually, directly on the phone? Or auto-detect it or something?

What do you mean ?? what a2sd darktremor script does??? when you run a2sd_enabler.sh script it mounts your ext parition .

Lets say you do manually mount sd-ext pation , what will happen after a reboot ? it will unmount automatically , that is why we run another script for a2sd darktremor in recovery , if we already have modified boot.img in our rom then sd-ext partition stay mounted for every reboot..

Link2Sd and a2sd darktremor can not run together , one should be desabled or deleted.

Last edited:

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Ok, interesting. I gave up on Simpli 1.2.

I'm flashing the stock KQB and going to try out the A2SD Darktremor script on it and keep my fingers crossed, it works..

What do you mean ?? what a2sd darktremor script does??? when you run a2sd_enber.sh script it mounts your ext parition .

Lets say you do manually mount sd-ext pation , what will happen after a reboot ? it will unmount automatically , that is why we run another script for a2sd darktremor in recovery , if we already have modified boot.img in our rom then sd-ext partition stay mounted for every reboot.

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
Ok, interesting. I gave up on Simpli 1.2.

I'm flashing the stock KQB and going to try out the A2SD Darktremor script on it and keep my fingers crossed, it works..

a2sd darktremor will not work on Stock KQB , you have to follow my previous posts to make it work , you should use my modified boot.img file otherwise you will keep hitting your head .

Reactions: rezapatel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Users Visit this Thread it has less complexity.......
    ...............................................................................................................................................
    GIOPRO v1.4
    ...............................................................................................................................................
    Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.59 For Galaxy Gio http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19623732&postcount=1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This Thread, Samsung Galaxy Gio gt-s5660 | Firmware Releases ,Custom Roms , Rooting, has been moved from the Android Software and Hacking General forum to the Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 Android Development forum.

NOTE:Even though it has been moved its a redirect notice (expires in 1 week) in the original forum so users Bookmark the New thread link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Android 2.3.7 - Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 For Galaxy GIO (Unofficial) By- phiexz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Devs Only)How To compile a Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Gio By Delanoister
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update.zip Recoveries (For Software installation through recovery) Thanks to ZimniY
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everyone vote for official cyanogenmod at the cyanogen mod forum
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/22386-samsung-galaxy-gio-gt-s5660
    Read this thread thoroughly,Before Asking your question, Most of your questions are answered , but if still have confusion don't hesitate to ask

Users with Galaxy Gio Gt-s5660M/L/V , do not try Custom Roms , Please Read the S5660M Section First.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phiexz's Custom Kernels for Galaxy Gio (For 2.3.5 )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Developers/Moders Can PM me their Thread Links If they want it to be on This Main page

Modified mms.apk for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 (For odexed roms only, not for deodexed) Here

hyriand's Custom roms for Galaxy Gio are here

Particle Android Custom Rom based on 2.3.5 , detail here---- download latest version

All actions ,flashing and other modification on your phone you do at your own risk and responsibility for your actions and you are solely if you are unsure of your actions - do not!
    Any attempt to flash through RomManager will take you to the service center

This thread is collection of all available data about samsung galaxy gio,so it may save time for others , some intial data is copied from another thread by strunkie for that all cradit goes to him , Data has been copied with the permission of Strunkie.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If it helps ,Don't forget to press Thanks :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome in the Thread for Samsung's Galaxy Gio (S5660)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy Gio Unlocking
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204705
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashing Samsung Galaxy gio using ODIN

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979859&postcount=549
    How to Root Samsung Galaxy gio
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979919&postcount=550
    How to create ext2 partition for a2sd darktremor
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979957&postcount=551
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Enable a2sd darktremor on 2.3.3/2.3.4/2.3.5
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979976&postcount=552
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom Roms/ Modified Roms
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979810&postcount=548
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Firmwares(Official unmodified):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979769&postcount=547
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ram Optimizer Script by Juwe11

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979996&postcount=553
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updating failed using KIES ???
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980019&postcount=554
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom bootanimation and apk lost post
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980043&postcount=556
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How To Deodexing + Zipaligning Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 Tutorial(cradit goes to djjonastybe)
    Update apps using recovery method
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980103&postcount=558
    ClockworkMod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980117&postcount=559
    Compass Fix for s5660
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17203899&postcount=813

Galaxy Gio 5660m SECTION here
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samasung Galaxy Gio S5660m Brightness ,diming issue solved
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1233719
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy GIo S5660M Canada Bell Edition
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17332208&postcount=1013
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR MULTI FILE Firmware Package( example: APBOOT,CODE,MODEM,CSC)

Download ODIN 4.42
    NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
    1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop.
    2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
    If you want to flash single file(.tar) click on Single package and locate the single .tar file in single package option . skip to step 7
    3. Click BOOT button and select and load: APBOOT_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
    4. Click PDA button and select and load: CODE_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
    5. Click PHONE button and select: MODEM_S5660xxxxx_CL928654_REV03.tar.md5
    6. Click CSC button and select: GT-S5660-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5
    7. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
    8. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
    9. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
    The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#

For Single package .tar file follow this
    Download ODIN 4.42
    NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
    1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop
    2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
    3. click on Single package On ODIN
    4. Now click on last option single package and locate the single .tar file
    5. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
    6. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
    7. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
    The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#
    Common Issues and possible solutions / tips and tricks

Common Issues and possible solutions / tips and trick

shutdown/freeze randomly in your pocket

. Change your Wifi sleep policy to Never, put a small paper behind the battery some times battery gets loose , if problem stays fectory reset and install latest firmware and fectory reset yet again ..

rooted phone and upgragde gingerbread,but still having problem about bootanimated

Install Root explorer and you need to select "remount as r/w".

command on adb shell to replac framework-res.apk?
    #mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

then:
    cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework/

#reboot (bootloop posibility if framework doesnt match)

Poor Battery Life
    Install latest firmware , turn of wifi when not using , try to charge with wall Charge some times data cable don't charge the properly, And don't forget to clean Ram after using apps , it helps to reduce load on device.

Compass doesn't work anymore
    Its a bug , there is no solution availble yet , as soon something comes out i'll post here.​

Is there a possibility to overclock samsung galaxy Gio
    Nop overclocking isn't working with gio yet.

What is the code for fectory reset
    Put your phone in recovery mode (By holding home button+Power button) and select fectory reset option from there or if your phone is on use this code
    *2767*3855# Fectory reset will remove all your data from the phone, apps , gallery , contacts and messages be sure to make a backupHow to check your firmware version
    *#1234# OR Goto setting<About<Scroll down and check
    How to put Gio to downloading mode to flash a firmware by ODIN
    shut down your phone , hold home button+power button+volume down button altoghether.

How to Restart your phone (without turn on and off)
    Volume down + Volume up + Power button hold untill phone goes off it will turn back again itself.. Or use adb , or terminal emulater , type su then type reboot
    How to Remove boot up sound??
    Delete file /system/etc/poweron.ogg using root explorer.

What is a2sd darktremor and why should i install it ???
    a2sd darktremor let you install your all apps on sd card , so in this way internal memory stays empty and phone perform better than stock rom...

I want to Flash my phone , What should i do after and before???
    you always have to fectory reset before and after flashing , when you done flashing you need to root(most of custom roms are already rooted so skip to next step) now you have to enable (a2sd daktremor if its not enabled in a custom rom you have to do it manually) . thats it , now you can start restoring your data , and install apps ...
    Official / non official firmwares

Firmwares:

2.2.1 official (Urdu,Arabic languages) : http://www.4shared.com/get/hnkTm8w4/S5660_Froyo_221.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.2.1 unofficial : http://hotfile.com/dl/115778530/c3dab6d/S5660XXKC5_OXXKC3_XXKB9.rar.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.3.3 unofficial 2 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/119787749/eeddc82/S5660XXKPA.rar.html
    2.3.3 official 24 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/123845369/b1f54c4/S5660XXKPE_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXFKP1.rar.html
    2.3.3 official 24 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/124686521/ca109ee/S5660XXKPE_S5660XXKPA_S5660XENKP1.rar.html
    2.3.4 unofficial 24 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/124831067/3d27a39/S5660XXKQ3_S5660XXKQ3_S5660SEBKQ1.rar.html
    2.3.4 unofficial 23 july 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/125489515/6fa36c7/S5660XXKQ6_S5660XXKQ5_S5660SEBKQ1.rar.html
    2.3.4 official modified : http://narod.ru/disk/20665821001/Офф Прибалтика (2) 2.3.4 SER.rar.html
    2.3.3(29 july 2011) :http://hotfile.com/dl/127180375/d573e75/S5660XXKPL_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXXKP8.rar.html (pass:samsung-firmwares.com)
    2.3.3(6 August 2011) : http://hotfile.com/dl/127180871/a924b45/S5660XXKPM_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXXKPA.rar.html (pass: samfirmware.com)
    2.3.4 (20th August 2011) S5660XXKQB_S5660XXKQ5_S5660PRTKQ4
    http://hotfile.com/dl/128609834/5d1ee8e/S5660XXKQB_S5660XXKQ5_S5660PRTKQ4.rar.html (password: samfirmware.com samsung-firmwares.com)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.3.4 ( 7th September 2011) S5660XXKQG_S5660SEBKQ1
    http://hotfile.com/dl/129879201/a677f1f/S5660XXKQG_S5660SEBKQ1.rar.html
    (password: samfirmware.com samsung-firmwares.com)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.3.5 (September 2011) S5660XXKS2
    http://hotfile.com/dl/131174369/d853e50/S5660XXKS2.rar.html
    Passwords.
    - samfirmware.com
    - samsung-firmwares.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Compass Fix for s5660 (tested on all versions)

Make sure to bakup your old memsicd before doing anything .

UPDATED:Latest Compass Fix .

http://www.mediafire.com/?2tbx9zhp2hnmc40

Thanks to mozgoder for leting me know

Instructions
    Method 1 : download the update, and copy to sd card root directory(don't not copy in any folder)
    Put your phone into recovery mode(turn off your phone , HOLD home button + power button toghether)
    Apply update from sd , locate the copied file and press home button. reboot.

You have to Reboot twice otherwise it will show wrong direction. Recalibrate your compass by typing *#0*# , click on sensor , and now hold your phone and rorate it 8 ways moving your wrist or watch video below

Compass Calibration

NOTE: if this update doesn't work for you , you can try this one
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t1hszgxzb56os2b
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After doing all the stuff you still getting issue , please check the permissions by opening (use root explorer) system/bin/memsicd press for few seconds a list will open goto permissions and check

Permissions has to be rwxrwxrwx