Why you love your Mytouch 4G

Search This thread

vapermonkey

Sep 27, 2010
St Cloud MN
There are allot of reasons I love my phone, but just yesterday I dropped mine in the fish tank! WoW I was worried about it not working anymore. Did the normal steps to dry it out. To my surprise it is fine.
Thanks to all of you on xda for keeping old phones working better then factory.

Sent from my HTC Mytouch 4g using xda app-developers app

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
In the fish tank? Jesus. You must have been quick about taking that battery out. That or REALLY lucky.

Ordered my Nexus 4 on Nov. 13th. Still waiting.

Synthetic.Nightmare

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Speaking of fish tanks, I went to sea world this last summer and sat in the splash zone for the killer whales and got drenched with my phone in my pocket. I wiped it off and kept using it afterwards like nothing happened. I was expecting at least my mic or headset to screw up but its been fine since.

Not even a whale...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: THEindian

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
Speaking of fish tanks, I went to sea world this last summer and sat in the splash zone for the killer whales and got drenched with my phone in my pocket. I wiped it off and kept using it afterwards like nothing happened. I was expecting at least my mic or headset to screw up but its been fine since.

Not even a whale...

I work outside and there have been many times I got caught in the rain. I'm not talking a drizzle, here. I'm talkin' Noah all over again. Never had an issue with water damage.

Ordered my Nexus 4 on Nov. 13th. Still waiting.

Spliff_Sanders

Dec 17, 2012
I've had this phone for 2 years, and it still works well....there are better phones out there now, but none are impressive enough to make me drop $300. Recently rooted it and installed ICS, and at this rate who knows when I'll get sick of it.... :p

hiazzz

Oct 29, 2011
I had this kind of accident too. The phone works well after that. This is really a good phone.

poexone

Oct 20, 2010
Sacramento
:-X

lol ... I was shouldering a call while taking a leak (while drunk) and um went down to flush and there it went. *splash*

Washed it off lol and sanitized it multiple times and it still works.

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com
I've had this phone since before there was a root method for it. It's not my daily driver anymore, but I love the form factor and weight, and I love perfectly stable cm7 on it.

I feel like this is the last of the purist Android devices.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Last edited:

Dragonswithin

Feb 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
Because I slammed it in the back hatch of my car at the E. R. The 2nd day I had it. Right on the latch and screen and I only needed a new screen protector.

hview

Dec 31, 2012
Karachi
because i recently purchase my first android smart phone having good hardware configuration and custom rom support that's why i really love mt4g...:D

chirpa12

Jan 25, 2013
Its getting old but still kicking. I'm sure the battery will be the first to give up the ghost.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

nagenderjeet

Feb 8, 2012
Developers are loving it even today

I love my mytouch-4g because the developers are still showing love for it. I am running CM10.1 on mine, updates more frequently available than the other most high octane phones.

Nuke

Feb 10, 2013
It'll be a sad day when we upgrade... Wonder how long we can hold out...

Sent from my myTouch 4g using xda app-developers app

elmagnificado

Oct 27, 2011
Cuz my buddy who writes games for android and owns an siii is still in awe at the crazy new rom I have on my phone practically every week.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not even a whale...

Not even a whale...

Ha ha, I basically played football (soccer for US folks) with my phone and it still works. Amazing.
    Love my phone? I can't wait to destroy it when I get a new one.
    I like myTouch 4g because of several features:
    - camera button;
    - affordable price;
    - customization roms;
    - high quality camera;
    - very decent battery life.