[Q] unlock AWS on Tab S 8.4 LTE

Search This thread

Hakams

Aug 27, 2014
I just got my new Samsung T705 but it didn't work with my carrier WIND which uses AWS frequencies, do you know if there is away to unlock these bands on the Tab S T705

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
I just got my new Samsung T705 but it didn't work with my carrier WIND which uses AWS frequencies, do you know if there is away to unlock these bands on the Tab S T705

i have been trying to discover if we can unlock the american lte frequencies through software only & ran across a thread online which allows u to enable/disable individual bands...i will see if i can hunt down the original post as i wouldnt want to claim the fame if it works for u but try this

!. dial *#0011# which will take u to service mode
2. press the 3-dot menu button then hit back (NOT the hard button)...do this again & u will end up at the main menu
3. choose selection [2] ue setting & information, then [1] setting, followed by [1] protocol , next [2] nas, after that [1] network control
4. finally pick [4] band selection & this will bring u to the page where u want to be...just remember that an asterick means its selected

always use "3 dot menu-back" & NOT the physical buttton...dont forget to press the '"apply band configuration" when you're done & then "menu-end"

Last edited:
Reactions: fdomi

Hakams

Aug 27, 2014
i have been trying to discover if we can unlock the american lte frequencies through software only & ran across a thread online which allows u to enable/disable individual bands...i will see if i can hunt down the original post as i wouldnt want to claim the fame if it works for u but try this

2. press the 3-dot menu button then hit back (NOT the hard button)...do this again & u will end up at the main menu
3. choose selection [2] ue setting & information, then [1] setting, followed by [1] protocol , next [2] nas, after that [1] network control
4. finally pick [4] band selection & this will bring u to the page where u want to be...just remember that an asterick means its selected

always use "3 dot menu-back" & NOT the physical buttton...dont forget to press the '"apply band configuration" when you're done & then "menu-end"

Thank for this very useful information, WIND uses AWS, with bands 1700/2100, I selected those frequency when I was in the menu and made sure to press apply band configuration, i restarted the device, but still not registering on WIND network. however now for the first time I see the network signal strength full. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Thank for this very useful information, WIND uses AWS, with bands 1700/2100, I selected those frequency when I was in the menu and made sure to press apply band configuration, i restarted the device, but still not registering on WIND network. however now for the first time I see the network signal strength full. Did I miss anything?

The only other thing i can think of would be in "settings-connections-more networks-mobile networks" and choosing network operators which will bring up a list of all available service in the area....it will take about 30 seconds to find them so be patient. U can also try the network mode option in the same menu...the last thing i would suggest is to remove then re-insert the sim and/or try a known working one

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
preferred_network_mode

Any idea where the list of device available network modes are kept? I remember seeing it (possibly xml or db) somewhere in /system (a very long time ago).

I wish to try and add all available options to a Synapse control and write the preferred (selected ) network mode to:

/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases > global > preferred_network_mode xx

Basically require a number that represents each type of network mode for our device. ie

Anyone have any insight ?

Cheers,

UITA

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Still LTE Option Not Showing Help Me :laugh:

attachment.php

Sometimes changing your ROM CSC to that of your carrier locale will give more options in settings (providing they are available). Don't forget changing CSC will factory reset device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.