[Q] What happened to my rear cam lol

Search This thread

YeckeL

Aug 2, 2012
Kansas City
xLe9OtE.jpg

Replaced my housing to fix the back lense issue i got ruff on mine and warped the plastic ha put it back togeather getting this. Did i loosen a cord or maybe damage the sensor with my heat gun it was on a very low 220 degrees.

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
xLe9OtE.jpg

Replaced my housing to fix the back lense issue i got ruff on mine and warped the plastic ha put it back togeather getting this. Did i loosen a cord or maybe damage the sensor with my heat gun it was on a very low 220 degrees.

Open it again. At this point no one here can tell you what exactly went wrong. May be you forgot to remove the plastic peel that comes with the new lenses. By the way, why did you do it all yourself ? HTC could have replaced it for no charge ! All I suggest is to open the device again, and check whether you removed the plastic peel for both the lenses. Without closing the rear housing/panel, launch the camera app and check whether the issue persists. 220 fahrenheit is okay for a short timeframe. Can you send some snaps of your device along with the camera module ? It would be helpful to the people who visit the thread. After all this fails, try flashing the stock rom if you're running a custom rom. :good:

YeckeL

Aug 2, 2012
Kansas City
Open it again. At this point no one here can tell you what exactly went wrong. May be you forgot to remove the plastic peel that comes with the new lenses. By the way, why did you do it all yourself ? HTC could have replaced it for no charge ! All I suggest is to open the device again, and check whether you removed the plastic peel for both the lenses. Without closing the rear housing/panel, launch the camera app and check whether the issue persists. 220 fahrenheit is okay for a short timeframe. Can you send some snaps of your device along with the camera module ? It would be helpful to the people who visit the thread. After all this fails, try flashing the stock rom if you're running a custom rom. :good:

HTC said since i HTC dev unlocked no go and it would cost 130+ and i would have my soff removed. So i said screw that and got the housing and the grills. I am pretty sure the plastic was removed as the camera app now shutters and glitches out as it never did that before and i doubt a plastic color lense would cause that. I will detail pics when i crack it open again to check if i just might ave pulled back the cameras connection cable just looked on ebay 25 bucks for a new oem i may snag it. The front cam works fine i just should have used a micro cloth to polish the old one vs dremel ha my lesson

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
HTC said since i HTC dev unlocked no go and it would cost 130+ and i would have my soff removed. So i said screw that and got the housing and the grills. I am pretty sure the plastic was removed as the camera app now shutters and glitches out as it never did that before and i doubt a plastic color lense would cause that. I will detail pics when i crack it open again to check if i just might ave pulled back the cameras connection cable just looked on ebay 25 bucks for a new oem i may snag it. The front cam works fine i just should have used a micro cloth to polish the old one vs dremel ha my lesson

Just order replacement OEM cameras. Order both the rear ones just in case...

YeckeL

Aug 2, 2012
Kansas City
OK i can now recall using a needle to pop out sd card and it going in to far wondering if i nicked the bloody cable mount what kind of emi tape is used in this phone looking at just replacing it vs reuse.