HTC_IME works great!

Search This thread

x.v_

Apr 4, 2009
2q0ojdk.png

Download

This one is my work (aside from taking it from "Damage Control" so I didn't have to de-obex [don't know how =p])! It is 100% original! =D
352rhn7.png

Download

EDIT: Oh my gosh! Featured on Droid-life.com! :) Sorry to disappoint guys, but I don't really know what I'm doing. :( Someone is probably going to have to take over from here or I'll need to learn a little bit more. ;)
EDIT2: Attempted to get settings working. Failed. :( Looks like this is the end of the line for me. :| I would always be interested if someone would like to work with me on how to do it though! :)

Last edited:

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
Yea, the official one works well too. Would love to see someone rip the version from the EVO with the 4-way arrows on the bottom since the DroidX has no direction pad or mouse wheel.

AKValle26

May 17, 2010
The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me

martin0285

Jan 11, 2010
Maine
gIMpSTa Kitchen!!!

Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!! :cool:

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
Great place to create custom themed/skinned HTC_IME keyboards here--> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=654179

@gIMpSTa has created a kitchen and its pretty cool... Register, "cook up" your keyboard and install it!!!

EDIT: Upon further review, this is a gIMpSTa keyboard!!!!! Shoulda least shown ppl where they could make there own op!! :cool:

Exactly! i was gonna suggest letting ppl know where they could go and create their own skinned keyboard instead of using the one OP created. Its really easy to create your own at his website.

x.v_

Apr 4, 2009

Haha, yeah I guess I should have. That wasn't really the point of the thread though, is why I didn't. =p

On a different note, I have a working Evo keyboard apk if anyone is interested. I spent a few hours on it and learned to use Baksmali/Smali all by myself! =p

Last edited:

Flying_Hellfish

Jun 25, 2010
The four arrow keys would be nice, but the red bullseye lets you easily move the cursor around (similar to the iPhone) and you can set the volume keys to move it left/right too, which is plenty good for me

FWIW the swype keyboard does include arrow keys if you swype from the "swype" key to the SYM key right next to it. :)

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
Thanks for the EVO keyboard.

EDIT: Have not been able to turn vibration off of this keyboard, any suggestions? I had it off for all my other keyboards but this one seems to vibrate still.

Last edited:

pima

Aug 22, 2008
keyboard

how do i change the droid x keyboard when i install this because i dont see it?

x.v_

Apr 4, 2009
how do i change the droid x keyboard when i install this because i dont see it?
Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Check HTC_IME mod and/or Touch Input

Long press on any text field -> Input Method -> select

EDIT: Have not been able to turn vibration off of this keyboard, any suggestions? I had it off for all my other keyboards but this one seems to vibrate still.
Yikes, not sure I can help you there. :p

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
Thank you so much. I thought this was so cool, simple, but those four keys at first used to annoy me, now i miss them.

Thanks again.

< I Have to Say I agree, How?

Sent from my DROIDX via Telepathic DLNA.

Last edited:

curney

Jan 28, 2008
I dont see the evo kb under input types. Im new to android so maybe I messed it up. I copied the apk to my sd and installed it through Astro. Is that right?

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
Read the whole thread. I don't need to explain twice. :z

Hey, did you get a chance to see the Vib issue? well not issue, but to have it off? The Droid X seems to be a rougher and more vibrant vib, well it is Moto, theyre know for that. :D

I am Patiently waiting, The main thing that is missing, is the Touch Input menu, thats where we change, Well, for the Evo KB. :)