Possible Nexus 8

Search This thread

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
You got one out of three:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05/10/nexus-5-nexus-8-nexus-11-concept-gallery/

It's Nexus 5, Nexus 8 and Nexus 11.
I think the Nexus 8 is a good looking design concept.

That's an OLD BS Article with Fan Mockups and Wishful Thinking to drive traffic. I said it before but the Numbers will be to identify screen size not next model number. AND Google will avoid using Nexus 6 FOREVER (iirc) due to a small bit of litigation they got from the Estate of Phillip K. **** (Author of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep the basis for the Movie Blade Runner).

What we DO know is: There is a New Nexus 7 and NOT and 8.
Possibilities are: the Phone could be a 5" but could be also another 4" Personally I think escalating phone screen sizes is getting out of hand. I mean now we have a 7" PHONE! (and an 8" as well thanks Samsuck :/ ) The new Nexus Phone COULD be the Optimus G2 with a 4" screen instead of the 5". Wouldn't be the 1st time a company used the same hardware and just changed out the display.

The Large Tablet I can almost see as being 11" but could also be 10".

But then again They could just go 5,7,11 to keep all odd numbers. I wouldn't put that past them.

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
I really hope the Android Police tip is correct.

nexusae0_wm_V-Overall.png

and with the Stock listings of the Nexus 8 being similar to the N7 as below :
nexus_8_prototype_zauba.jpg

We could be in for a winner, looks like it will be a direct attempt at the IPads space in the market, shame there is no visible front facing speakers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then what names do make sense ?

Nexus 7 Type R Tokyo Edition
    Just a thought but, Maybe he was confused and assumed that the new one would be called Nexus 8 because it comes after 7. I think it's safe to say with all the leaks that 7" is what is replacing it. I honestly don't think they'd do a 7" AND 8". That would be a VERY bad idea and would cause confusion and kill sales. I think it's cafe to say that Google will keep the 3 Device setup but try out a couple of others (rumors of Game console (like OUYA) and a watch have been floated).
    I doubt this guy at staples knows what he is talking about.

Why would someone random staples employee have this information, but no one else does?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    Wasn't staples the place that had the 32gb before they announced it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, I bought mine almost 2 weeks early at Staples.