[Q]Porting MT6582 to MT6572

Search This thread

nightwalker

Mar 23, 2013
Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
Hello Guys,I searched for Lewa Os 5 for MT6572 but I didn't find any.So,I thought to download MT6582 as these chips are in combination like MT6589 to MT6577.I downloaded Wiko darkmoon . @superdragonpt created or ported it.I want it for my use,If got successful then I will take permission from him.I patched the rom with my stock files.The updater-script was just fine with exactly same mount points as in my Xolo A500s.I unpacked boot.img with michfood's packing and unpacking tools ,but the thing that I am worried is the boot.img of 6 mb shrinked to 4 mb!I just edited init.rc and added bootclasspath of lewa.

But,it didn't boot.I think I need to replace my ram disk in my boot with wiko dark moon's boot ram disk.Could I port this way?
Is it possible to port MT6582 to MT6572?It's my first time of cross-porting.
Please,I need some help on this!

Reactions: muhamadagushidayat

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hi

A: Rom was built from scratch ( not an port ), i used LeWa patchroom ( just like MIUI's patchroom).
LeWa patchroom is Closed Source (proprietary) so i can't help you with that

B: You should be able to "port" it to your device, concerning kernel:
- Use ( mandatory) LeWa's ramdisk
- If your kernel after repack is smaller, thats rather normal , its just an question of compression %.

Also since we are talking about port of diff SoC's there are other things that you'll need to fix:
- SoC ID on updater-script; ramdisk: build.prop; etc.
- Also keep in mind that LeWa itself its an themed rom, so its uses an 2nd framework ( lewa-res) that works under the main one, you may need to patch other things in the process.

--> For this, check the MT65xx porting thread, its very usefull.

Regards

Reactions: nightwalker

nightwalker

Mar 23, 2013
Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
Hi

A: Rom was built from scratch ( not an port ), i used LeWa patchroom ( just like MIUI's patchroom).

- If your kernel after repack is smaller, thats rather normal , its just an question of compression %.

Also since we are talking about port of diff SoC's there are other things that you'll need to fix:
- Also keep in mind that LeWa itself its an themed rom, so its uses an 2nd framework ( lewa-res) that works under the main one, you may need to patch other things in the process.

Regards
Thanks for your infomative reply.Ok,I done most the things.Rather than replacing ram disk,I added bootclasspath in init.rc
How can I make lewa from scratch?I haven't heard it before.

navneetasnavi

Jul 21, 2013
ludhiana
Give a try to This

Thanks for your infomative reply.Ok,I done most the things.Rather than replacing ram disk,I added bootclasspath in init.rc
How can I make lewa from scratch?I haven't heard it before.

Using unpack tool by Michfood unpack your stock boot.img and boot.img of the rom u want to port ... then only replace kernel and kernel header from base to port and repack the image ... and try to flash the rom :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,I searched for Lewa Os 5 for MT6572 but I didn't find any.So,I thought to download MT6582 as these chips are in combination like MT6589 to MT6577.I downloaded Wiko darkmoon . @superdragonpt created or ported it.I want it for my use,If got successful then I will take permission from him.I patched the rom with my stock files.The updater-script was just fine with exactly same mount points as in my Xolo A500s.I unpacked boot.img with michfood's packing and unpacking tools ,but the thing that I am worried is the boot.img of 6 mb shrinked to 4 mb!I just edited init.rc and added bootclasspath of lewa.

But,it didn't boot.I think I need to replace my ram disk in my boot with wiko dark moon's boot ram disk.Could I port this way?
    Is it possible to port MT6582 to MT6572?It's my first time of cross-porting.
    Please,I need some help on this!
    Hi

Regards