[ROM] T989 || Stock || Bloat Free || Rooted || Su || Busybox = STREAMLINED [OCT 21]

Search This thread

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Hey guys,

I released a stock version with everything in it last night with bubby, but people kept on asking me what's safe to remove and whats not. So I decided to upload the base I am using which is bloat free.

As usual it is Rooted / Deodexed / Zip-aligned / Su / Busybox.

I have kept samsung widgets for now. Refer to POST 2 for apps removed. Btw Gtalk with Video is also included in this rom :)

ROM is 262.73 mb in size compared to 311.70 mb.

Without further adieu...

ROM -- Link

Battery Addon -- Link

This is going to be perfect as a base for theme creators and dev's.

Special thanx to bubby323 for providing me with his updater-script. Battery addon was made via UOT.

Last edited:

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Pictures:

2z857js.png

List of Apps Removed:

Asphalt6, Bonus apps, Books, Mobi tv, ECID, IQ Tmobile, Live source, Mall lite, Media hub, Mobile backup, Netflix, Sns for Linkedln, Telenav, Tmobile Blio, Tmobile m4m, and Zinio.

I think this is it :)

ADDONS:

Crysis Battery: http://www.multiupload.com/QNH9IMXS5Q [Thanx to Vibrantnew-b]

Last edited:

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I hate assuming anything... But is it safe to assume this has been deodexed as well?

Even so, thanks a lot for what you've done for us so far... Can't wait to see everything that happens in the next 1-2 weeks.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Btw, PROBABLY have an oc kernel for test tonight. Ill find you in irc if you wanna flash later. Not my work of course. mathkid95 has taken the time to straighten out the code and sweeten it up a little.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

Last edited:

mettleh3d

Oct 16, 2011
Hi first time android and rooter here. Question: does flashing this stock rom mean my device will start from scratch/factory reset?

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Hi first time android and rooter here. Question: does flashing this stock rom mean my device will start from scratch/factory reset?

I would do data/cache wipe before flashing this since you will be coming from odex to deodexed version. You can always back up your data (user data not system data) using titanium backup and restore it later.

Reactions: blakemoo

sorinel999

Oct 6, 2009
Btw, PROBABLY have an oc kernel for test tonight. Ill find you in irc if you wanna flash later. Not my work of course. mathkid95 has taken the time to straighten out the code and sweeten it up a little.

if you are going to make a new kernel would it be possible to make one that is compatible with the latest version of android tether so we can get past the "creating ad-hoc" error.

i installed wi-fi tether yesterday after rooting my device and it errors out when it tries to "Setting ad-hoc mode".

i looked up this error on other phones and it seems to be caused by some kernel incompatibilities.

also, how do we take screenshots on this phone? i tried power button+volume up/down and it doesnt work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I released a stock version with everything in it last night with bubby, but people kept on asking me what's safe to remove and whats not. So I decided to upload the base I am using which is bloat free.

As usual it is Rooted / Deodexed / Zip-aligned / Su / Busybox.

I have kept samsung widgets for now. Refer to POST 2 for apps removed. Btw Gtalk with Video is also included in this rom :)

ROM is 262.73 mb in size compared to 311.70 mb.

Without further adieu...

ROM -- Link

Battery Addon -- Link

This is going to be perfect as a base for theme creators and dev's.

Special thanx to bubby323 for providing me with his updater-script. Battery addon was made via UOT.
    Pictures:

2z857js.png

List of Apps Removed:

Asphalt6, Bonus apps, Books, Mobi tv, ECID, IQ Tmobile, Live source, Mall lite, Media hub, Mobile backup, Netflix, Sns for Linkedln, Telenav, Tmobile Blio, Tmobile m4m, and Zinio.

I think this is it :)

ADDONS:

Crysis Battery: http://www.multiupload.com/QNH9IMXS5Q [Thanx to Vibrantnew-b]

I caught up with Tesh over on Twitter (@iEnthusiast) and he was kind enough to set up a new download link. He may update the thread when he gets time, but until then I thought I'd share the link.

download
    Anyway we could get that theme posted to be able to use also. you did a great job with it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

It is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18667140 untested on this rom

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Ahhh man. We need gtalk w/video in there also :)

It should be in there already.