[Q] Root G2 on 3UK

Search This thread

Luminar2010

Feb 27, 2014
Hi all, i see there are methods to root the LG G2 - which is great! However, on the 3UK network i always had issues rooting previous devices, has anyone tried rooting the 3UK model, and if so, which method works best? Thanks all :)

festa20

Jan 6, 2011
Barnsley
What problems have u had u should be exactly the same as everyone else i was with 3uk when i had sony phones but not with lg g2 u should be fine tho

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Luminar2010

Feb 27, 2014
What problems have u had u should be exactly the same as everyone else i was with 3uk when i had sony phones but not with lg g2 u should be fine tho

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Problems with 3UK model of the xperia arc s just would not be rooted - regardless of the method used. from what ive read (here and elsewhere), this was common when the os was updated to the latest version, which mine was. I wasnt interested in downgrading the rom to root, so i was stuck on that one.

Im not fully settled on rooting the g2 though, to be honest i havent had a need for it as yet, a lot of the common bloatware can be disabled so.....not sure, but maybe if theres no issues with the 3UK model i might try...

festa20

Jan 6, 2011
Barnsley
Problems with 3UK model of the xperia arc s just would not be rooted - regardless of the method used. from what ive read (here and elsewhere), this was common when the os was updated to the latest version, which mine was. I wasnt interested in downgrading the rom to root, so i was stuck on that one.

Im not fully settled on rooting the g2 though, to be honest i havent had a need for it as yet, a lot of the common bloatware can be disabled so.....not sure, but maybe if theres no issues with the 3UK model i might try...

Ha i had arc first one was a beast i never had problems with the arc except from boot loops constantly flashing all the time but firmware was a little different plus the people who used my teams roms didnt have problems and there was a fair few of them
I rooted my g2 instantly just because really its the xda way but the little time before i rooted it its still perfect glad i got the phobe so smooth
Not sure if you have looked but there is a few easy tools what root and install recovery piece of piss really
Let me know if ya do need help mate

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Luminar2010

Luminar2010

Feb 27, 2014
Ha i had arc first one was a beast i never had problems with the arc except from boot loops constantly flashing all the time but firmware was a little different plus the people who used my teams roms didnt have problems and there was a fair few of them
I rooted my g2 instantly just because really its the xda way but the little time before i rooted it its still perfect glad i got the phobe so smooth
Not sure if you have looked but there is a few easy tools what root and install recovery piece of piss really

many thanks, appreciate it :) i have used the kingo rooting app before on a tablet or 2 - and it worked amazing well - any chane it could work for the g2 also?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Im sure someone said kingo works but dont hold me to it

Hi all, i see there are methods to root the LG G2 - which is great! However, on the 3UK network i always had issues rooting previous devices, has anyone tried rooting the 3UK model, and if so, which method works best? Thanks all :)

I rooted mine no problem on Three UK.