[ROM] [LOTK] [2.3.7] Jellybread [Updated 4-21-13]

Search This thread

kendallc123

Oct 9, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Dang. Well I flashed v1, but I copied the libs from 1.1 and overwrote the libs from v1. I also put the DSP apk from 1.1 in the app folder for 1. So basically the stability of v1 with the ability to adjust the audio :D. I am good for now!

So your sound is good on version 1 when doing that?? Because now that's a mix of beats, xloud, and DSP Manager and I've always thought that certain mix wouldn't work. DSP Manager works well? Doesn't force close? I might just use v1.0 as a base and start "from the ground up" with that one again lol Can you please check and see if some apps are available in the play store like Tasker and PayPal?

Last edited:

the.emilio

So your sound is good on version 1 when doing that?? Because now that's a mix of beats, xloud, and DSP Manager and I've always thought that certain mix wouldn't work. DSP Manager works well? Doesn't force close? I might just use v1.0 as a base and start "from the ground up" with that one again lol Can you please check and see if some apps are available in the play store like Tasker and PayPal?

Yep everything works as you can see in my screenshots. What I did was completely deleted the lib folder from 1 which had the beats libs installed. I then took the lib folder from 1.1 and put it in 1. So no beats are installed and the sound is good to me after tweaking with the DSP. Solid bass and nice highs in my truck system I got. Set off some alarms lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352553157379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352553157379.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 176
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352553169216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352553169216.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 175
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352553194821.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352553194821.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 174

kendallc123

Oct 9, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Yep everything works as you can see in my screenshots. What I did was completely deleted the lib folder from 1 which had the beats libs installed. I then took the lib folder from 1.1 and put it in 1. So no beats are installed and the sound is good to me after tweaking with the DSP. Solid bass and nice highs in my truck system I got. Set off some alarms lol.

Okay! Thank you! I'm just weirded out trying to understand what happened in version 1.1. Time to get to work on an update!

the.emilio

Okay! Thank you! I'm just weirded out trying to understand what happened in version 1.1. Time to get to work on an update!

Yes ma'am anytime! Goes to show how much I love this rom lol. I HAD to have it fully working with good sound. (I love my music/audio so sound quality is a must)

Reactions: kendallc123
By any chance, you aren't trying to restore apps/data that was backed up on a 4.x rom are you? I am experiencing no issues what so ever with this rom.

Nope, coming from Lezo GB Version. That's why I asked if this was 2.3.5 or 2.3.7

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

That's actually a good plan, right there. I do that with several apps, namely Titanium Backup and Swiftkey, copy the apps over to the ROM zip and the libs to the lib file.

Just a note, before I nandroided back to Lezo, I was getting maj FC's after that long reboot, even to apps that were stable beforehand, like ROM Toolbox, etc., so obviously, me pushing those "incompatible" apps was the problem. I should have made a Nandroid before I did that, so Kendall, it's not a major issue that you have to fix, it's just something in the framework that's causing a conflict between the GB and JB elements.

I should also not that TB HAS been giving me issues on restoring apps/data over the last 6 months or so, where it'll freeze suddenly, and I have to FC it and restart it again.
Maybe the next time, I'll use My BackUp Pro to try and restore everything.

One other thing, what Kernel is in this?? Because, you can see in my sig, I switched to Mason G 15rc4. I doubt that's the issue, but just in case, maybe I'll keep it stock if it's a different kernel, until I can see that everything is working

Last edited:
Reactions: kendallc123

the.emilio

Nope, coming from Lezo GB Version. That's why I asked if this was 2.3.5 or 2.3.7

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

That's actually a good plan, right there. I do that with several apps, namely Titanium Backup and Swiftkey, copy the apps over to the ROM zip and the libs to the lib file.

Just a note, before I nandroided back to Lezo, I was getting maj FC's after that long reboot, even to apps that were stable beforehand, like ROM Toolbox, etc., so obviously, me pushing those "incompatible" apps was the problem. I should have made a Nandroid before I did that, so Kendall, it's not a major issue that you have to fix, it's just something in the framework that's causing a conflict between the GB and JB elements.

I should also not that TB HAS been giving me issues on restoring apps/data over the last 6 months or so, where it'll freeze suddenly, and I have to FC it and restart it again.

One other thing, what Kernel is in this?? Because, you can see in my sig, I switched to Mason G 15rc4. I doubt that's the issue, but just in case, maybe I'll keep it stock if it's a different kernel, until I can see that everything is working

Lol its actually rc4 already.

kendallc123

Oct 9, 2011
Lubbock, Texas

Yeah I've had that happen with TB also. Sorry about the bad update. Everything works great for me, but others are having problems like you. Like the ROM was great and then it's like it imploded on itself and went haywire! And yes this is rc4

Yeah I've had that happen with TB also. Sorry about the bad update. Everything works great for me, but others are having problems like you. Like the ROM was great and then it's like it imploded on itself and went haywire! And yes this is rc4

lol.. I'm still trying to understand why I didn't just check in the first place lol

Well, it was good until I pushed those 6 "Incompatible" apps via adb, then it went crazy

Just not sure why simple apps like Realtor.com, Contapps, Weatherbug Elite, Weather Alert Pro and a few others would show up as incompatible, unless I need to pull their lib files and add them to the ROM zip before I flash it.

Edit:

Only one of them even has a lib file when you unzip it with 7Zip... :/
One relies heavily on Java, but the rest don't....
And 2 are Google apps (Googles and Play Books)

Last edited:

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
message announcement

I cant seem to find the message sent notification I used on the phone before. What it did was make a ding sound when I sent a SMS letting me know the message was sent. I will keep looking but so far no luck. Great rom I love it

moa4

Nov 27, 2011
lincoln
Wait before i get into this do i really HAVE to have a partition Sd card?

I came from a rom that I already partitioned so I didn't partition my SD card just make sure you do a superwipe 3x and data reset 1x and ur good

Tonga's Finest

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Just found out that the voxer app is not compatible with JB.....awwwww......man

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kendallc123

Oct 9, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
I came from a rom that I already partitioned so I didn't partition my SD card just make sure you do a superwipe 3x and data reset 1x and ur good

Tonga's Finest

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I'm fixing the app compatibility right now. It'll work in the update

Reactions: moa4

the.emilio

Tonga's Finest

It works. If you are using v1.1 then it is known that certain apps say incompatible device when it shouldn't. This has been discussed over the last few pages. Kendall is working on the fix ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352572010783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352572010783.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: moa4

Falcon204

Jan 18, 2011
New Orleans
Any chance you could add a2sd datasd to a2sd. I used that in another similar Rom and the internal space was hardly touched. From what I was reading a2sd 2.7 beta 5 has the command added. This version that is installed has very few commands that are available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "One KANG to guide them,
    One KANG to show them,
    ONE KANG to RULE them ALL!"

LOTK Presents

Jellybread​

Introduction:
    Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker around the Evo forums and finally decided to get into this development stuff! I am in love with the Jellybean look, but really need the stability of Gingerbread. So I started learning the basics of developing and this came out of it. I basically took the look of Jellybean and some scripts and tweaks and added that to Gingerbread. Of course I had some help along the way. A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped! Y'all are amazing. Hope y'all like it! Thanks <3

Features:
    Code:
    CM7 3-01-2013 base
    Gapps included
    Jellybean font
    Jellybean wallpapers
    Jellybean system sounds
    Jellybean themed framework
    Mason-G-15-rc4 SBC kernel
    Enhanced COD Tweaks
    Sony Xloud Audio Engine
    Bravia Engine
    ADW Launcher
    Holo Launcher
    TT Launcher
    Vipermod included
    3G, 4G, & Wifi Speed Hack
    Battery saving tweaks
    Zipaligned

Changelog:
    Code:
    April 20 - v1.4[INDENT]-Added language packs back in
    -Fixed most market compatibility issues.. Extra steps required to fix
     games (Please read [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40526729&postcount=1014"]this post[/URL])[/INDENT]

April 10 - v1.3[INDENT]-Updated CM7 base to 3-01-2013 nightly (Huge thank you the.emilio! He set
     up the base with bill_dollar's Jellybean look!! Thanks to both of you)
    -Updated apps
    -Added ADW Launcher
    -Added TT Launcher (I haven't tried it out, and it's still in beta. Let
     me know what you think)
    -Jellybean theme mod by bill_Dollar
    -Fixed the weird sound increment thing
    -Added more Jellybean sounds
    -Added in the FULL Bravia Engine this time
    -Removed A2SD (You'll need to flash it) Download below[/INDENT]

November 10 - v1.2[INDENT]-Went back to v1.0 as a base
    -Fixed app compatibility
    -Removed Voicemail (You can download it [URL="http://d-h.st/cdr"]here[/URL] or use Google Voice
     from the play store) You will still get 9016 texts if you use Visual
     Voicemail (call Sprint if you want those blocked).
    -Added Bravia Engine for clearer images[/INDENT]

November 8 - v1.1 (Not recommended for use. Play Store is messed up)[INDENT]-Added Jellybean system sounds
    -Added Email app back in (Sorry about that one!)
    -Removed Beats Audio, returned DSP Manager
    -Added Sony Xloud Engine
    -Added Digital Karma's Modified Visual Voicemail[/INDENT]

November 4 - v1.0 (Initial Release)

DOWNLOAD 1.4

Instructions:
    1. Download latest version & move to SD Card
    2. Wipe everything 3 times preferably with Smelkusmod Recovery
    3. Flash ROM
    4. OPTIONAL Flash A2SD (Please make sure your SD Card is partitioned)
    5. Reboot and let sit for 15 minutes. Patience young grasshopper!
    6. Enjoy! Thanks :)

A2SD:
    Download here

Fix For Some Games:
    Read this :)

Screenshots:
    screenshot-20130410-033921pm_zpsfb822764.png

screenshot-20130410-033800pm_zps17cf76f9.png

screenshot-20130410-033900pm_zpsed47f079.png

screenshot-20130410-033845pm_zps94a9764c.png

SmelkusMod Revovery:
    Check it out! Smelkus was kind enough to make a Jellybread themed recovery! It looks so good! You can get it here! Rename to PC36IMG.zip, place on root of sd card, reboot bootloader, push the up volume button when prompted to select "yes". This recovery is the BEST recovery for the Evo! It is based off of Amon-RA and includes a ton of features. Superwipe options, automatic reboots after nandroids, anything you could need! Thank you Smelkus

ra-v43-jellybread-mainscreen.png

Tips:
    -If you're on Boost Mobile, see this post here Thanks ShagNasty2
    -Moving app data and app cache with A2SD will cause instability
    -Working Flash Player app here

ShagNasty2 and HipKat's Sound Mods:
    Please make a nandroid backup before installing any of these, just in case!
    Galaxy Note 2 Sounds (Flashable in recovery)
    Nexus S Sounds (Flashable in recovery)
    Droid Razr Sounds (Flashable in recovery)
    LG Nitro Sounds (Flashable in recovery)
    Atrix Sounds (Flashable in recovery)
    HipKat's Sound Package (Not a flashable zip)

Credit/Thanks:
    Jamieg71
    Ropodope
    Papa Smurf151
    Atyoung
    RockoDev
    Smelkus
    fiddy619
    Mazda
    MBQsniper
    Sonnysekhon
    Cyanogen & his team
    Dsixda
    Darktremor
    TommyTomatoe
    Viperboy
    Garner
    Diablo67
    Pmacevad
    Savoca
    Death-by-soap
    the.emilio
    HipKat

ShagNasty2
    bill_dollar
    And all of you guys! There are too many to list!

Disclaimer:

Your warranty is now VOID. I am not responsible if you brick your device. Please flash at your own risk.​
    Re: [ROM] [LOTK] [2.3.7] Jellybread 11-10-12

Okay guys, so.. Here's the deal. This ROM is based off an unofficial Cyanogenmod base from April 8, 2012 and it needs an upgrade!! There's an awesome mod by @Bill_Dollar to make this ROM look even more Jellybean but it's not wanting to work with this base. So, I'm going to update the base and add all of the tweaks back in. Then we'll have an updated CM base with little bug fixes etc., the same sweet tweaks, and even more Jellybean look! I'll try to get it out soon and hope I don't run into any big problems :)
    Good news! Just need to get 1 thing working, and I'll release an update! :) I promise it's coming this time! And it looks goooood!
    Updated to 1.4!

Fixed most market compatibility issues.. Extra steps required to fix some games/other apps (Please read below)

Example apps that are now compatible without a build.prop edit:
    Starbucks
    Nike+ Running
    Beweather & widgets
    The Weather Channel
    Current Caller ID
    Bank of America

I really am not sure how to get the games like real racing 3 and asphalt 7 to work without modifying the build.prop. To get them to work just use an app like Rom Toolbox and edit the build.prop. Change these lines below, save, and reboot.

Fix:
    ro.product.model=HTC One X
    ro.product.name=HTC One X
    ro.product.device=HTC One X
    ro.product.board=HTC One X

Examples of apps that work after the build.prop edit (Thanks tC_Driver):
    Real Racing 3
    Asphalt 7: Heat
    Need For Speed Most Wanted
    We are very proud to have Kendall join LOTK and start out with such a #bangbang for her first rom. You'd never know it was her first the way it looks and runs. I could not be more proud to have her join Jamie, Papasmurf and myself. She has been a quiet, calming, easy going and helpful influence on these boards for a while now and we are excited about her arrival on the scene. Enjoy this rom, it would be very hard not to.

ropodope

so get up get, get get down. 911 is a joke in yo town.