How To Increase Phone Memory

Search This thread

buntymurarka

May 15, 2012
How To Increase Phone Memory in Galaxy Fit? I had heard that there are some ways to make partition on SD card and use them as phone memory but dont know the procedure. Or any other procedure.
Please let me know.

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Refer the guide in my sig...
You'll find everything...

Typed using a small touchscreen

abizerl123

Feb 25, 2012
Pune
instead of using partitioning set install location 2 so that u can transfer most of ur apps on ur sd card and free up phone memory
works very well for me

a.cid

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Its very risky man.. if u use the partition as phone memory, some system apps might get some error or something like that.. depends on your sdcard class, and its memory, etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong..;)

Sent from my Galaxy Fit ;)

Nothing wrong in partitioning...
Whatever system errors you might get may be rom dependant...

a.cid

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
System apps on sd ext?
Its there in fitdroid and maybe even razo :p
Even doc_chielvenerdi.org posted a modded memory hack for stock roms :D

Miqdad@521

Nov 4, 2011
Mumbai
Moving the system apps to your memory card partition will cause you problems when you remove the memory card or connect the phone via a USB. They wont be available on your phone until the card is remounted. It is preferred not to have such conflicts with the system apps. :rolleyes:
It is better to keep them where they are i.e. in the system. And if you feel your phone memory is running out you can always move other apps to SD Card but not the system ones.:D

a.cid

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Moving the system apps to your memory card partition will cause you problems when you remove the memory card or connect the phone via a USB. They wont be available on your phone until the card is remounted. It is preferred not to have such conflicts with the system apps. :rolleyes:
It is better to keep them where they are i.e. in the system. And if you feel your phone memory is running out you can always move other apps to SD Card but not the system ones.:D

First thing, system apps aren't entirely stored on internel memory, most of them are stored in the system partition...though the user data part of system apps lies in the internel memory...
Even if they tried, they couldn't move the system apps to sd...
If you are referring to sd ext partition, there are a few hacks/mods which do allow you to put your entire internel memory in sd-ext...and if you removed your mem card, the system would behave as if it was its first boot, I.e. no user settings, clean install-like...

Miqdad@521

Nov 4, 2011
Mumbai
First thing, system apps aren't entirely stored on internel memory, most of them are stored in the system partition...though the user data part of system apps lies in the internel memory...
Even if they tried, they couldn't move the system apps to sd...
If you are referring to sd ext partition, there are a few hacks/mods which do allow you to put your entire internel memory in sd-ext...and if you removed your mem card, the system would behave as if it was its first boot, I.e. no user settings, clean install-like...

Oh didn't know about the latter part.