PACman AIO 4.4 - GT-I9195 - Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
banner.png

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM11 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini international LTE variant (GT-I9195) and the international 3G variant (GT-I9190) (see notes section if you have some other variant).

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

Links

Release Thread

Link for official build

PAC-man Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Discussion

Official Paranoid Google Apps 0 Day

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install PAC-man AIO:

1/ Read the notes below before doing anything.
2/ Root and install using CWM recovery or Philz Advanced Recovery:
Available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)
3/ Copy all the files you downloaded for PAC-man (From http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/serranoltexx/) into your SD card along with the Paranoid Google Apps 0 Day (Optional, but recommended)
4/ Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back).
5/ Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this so you can return to your previous ROM).
6/ Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes.
7/ Go to Mounts and storage, Select format /system and press Yes.
8/ Go to Install zip from sdcard -> Choose zip from sdcard, which you have put the rom on.
9/ Browse to it and flash the pac_serranoltexx-nightly-XXXXXXXX.zip
10/ Then flash gapps (Optional, but recommended).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

- I'm not a member of PAC-man dev team !

Before reporting a bug:

• Check the issues in this post and last 1-2 pages of the thread, so you can just quote and confirm a bug reported by another (or just use thanks button for this).
  • If it isn't a known bug already, post it using the bug report template. Ask if someone else can reproduce it.
  • If nobody can reproduce it, then you should do a full wipe(make a backup in cwm before it), don't restore/install anything else(this includes custom kernels/apps/settings etc.) than what is needed for trying to reproduce the bug in a clean install. Or just do this step before even reporting it.
  • If the bug is still there then, you can just restore your phone back to the state before wiping.
  • It would also help greatly to provide logs (in
    Code:
    blocks), in an organized manner.

List of issues:

Unverified

it seems to run hotter than other roms bluespoon4
Themes aren't working 96DANGER96

Verified & Reproduced

Baseband unknown from the 22th nightly :(

Fixed / In coming build

Just wait and see ;)

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue

I get an error when i try to connect my google account, the phone can't have a secure connection with the server

EDIT: Fixed by editing file \etc\hosts, you must write # before the ip near android.clients.google.com for example:

127.0.0.1 localhost
#23.123.12.13 android.clients.google.com

And try to sign in, now it will work

Last edited:

96DANGER96

Jul 2, 2011
I get an error when i try to connect my google account, the phone can't have a secure connection with the server

EDIT: Fixed by editing file \etc\hosts, you must write # before the ip near android.clients.google.com for example:

127.0.0.1 localhost

EDIT2: Themes aren't working

Last edited:

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Oh x) I always install the Google Apps Full Modular 0 Day from Paranoid and never had issues ;)

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk

bluespoon4

Apr 21, 2012
Just installed the rom today, all of the stuff I've used has worked fine. One thing I've noticed is that it seems to run hotter than other roms, when I play games or even restored my app backup, the phone got warm which hasn't happened on any of the other roms I've tried. Also, you may want to post this on original development as well, I don't know how many crack flashers check the general section. All in all, works great, thanks bro

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
You're welcome :)
I'm talking with a member of PACman team to add it to Dev section :)

thejester123

Apr 18, 2011
Sheffield
The ROM works awesome so far I have only found that NO themes work at all, only the system default. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

voilsb

Jun 2, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 8
Seems to have a wifi issue ... it won't let me connect to a new network, only my home network won't even let me try. I've tried toggling wifi and rebooting. Not sure what else to try. Same issue with multiple networks.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395291656218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395291656218.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 107

gremly

Jul 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Nokia 8
Please keep in mind that the current build has alpha status

The same message I already posted at the announcement threat but please take care.

Please let a take a short remark at the current state of PAC-man 4.4, I kindly ask you to bear in mind.

The PAC-man-ROM 4.3 I provided in the past and I also maintain the 4.4. Currently the 4.4 has the Alpha status and after the build process at my own machine, I have the following information.

Code:
Please remember that this source is currently for private builds ONLY!

Public builds are NOT ALLOWED, all public builds will be removed.

It will be welcomed after nightlies begin. Thank you, the Developers.

At my own machine, I was able as for tur build a running ROM, I got several errors, which caused stops during the build. This is not a problem for me because these errors have to be fixed by the PAC-man team and me and at alpha version are they typically.

I know, at the PAC-man homepage, you will find archives. Please keep in mind, that they are result of an automatic process and haven't been checked anymore. When they run fine, good luck if not, I hope that you have a backup.

Please take care when you use these alpha versions.

Ezylife

Aug 13, 2013
Bristol
I'm getting unknown baseband with latest nightly (22/03).
Tried dirty Flash and clean install.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM11 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini international LTE variant (GT-I9195) and the international 3G variant (GT-I9190) (see notes section if you have some other variant).

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

Links

Release Thread

Link for official build

PAC-man Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Discussion

Official Paranoid Google Apps 0 Day

How to install PAC-man AIO:

1/ Read the notes below before doing anything.
    2/ Root and install using CWM recovery or Philz Advanced Recovery:
    Available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)
    3/ Copy all the files you downloaded for PAC-man (From http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/serranoltexx/) into your SD card along with the Paranoid Google Apps 0 Day (Optional, but recommended)
    4/ Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back).
    5/ Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this so you can return to your previous ROM).
    6/ Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes.
    7/ Go to Mounts and storage, Select format /system and press Yes.
    8/ Go to Install zip from sdcard -> Choose zip from sdcard, which you have put the rom on.
    9/ Browse to it and flash the pac_serranoltexx-nightly-XXXXXXXX.zip
    10/ Then flash gapps (Optional, but recommended).

Notes:

- I'm not a member of PAC-man dev team !

Before reporting a bug:

• Check the issues in this post and last 1-2 pages of the thread, so you can just quote and confirm a bug reported by another (or just use thanks button for this).
    • If it isn't a known bug already, post it using the bug report template. Ask if someone else can reproduce it.
    • If nobody can reproduce it, then you should do a full wipe(make a backup in cwm before it), don't restore/install anything else(this includes custom kernels/apps/settings etc.) than what is needed for trying to reproduce the bug in a clean install. Or just do this step before even reporting it.
    • If the bug is still there then, you can just restore your phone back to the state before wiping.
    • It would also help greatly to provide logs (in
      Code:
      blocks), in an organized manner.

List of issues:

Unverified

it seems to run hotter than other roms bluespoon4
    Themes aren't working 96DANGER96

Verified & Reproduced

Baseband unknown from the 22th nightly :(

Fixed / In coming build

Just wait and see ;)

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue

127.0.0.1 localhost

They have not added the file. I am going to try copying the file from the latest CM nightly.

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

Nope still unknown baseband

After further investigation there is another file that has been updated so we need to copy two files from latest CM nightly

system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    and
    system/lib/libril.so

The libril.so in pac 20 k smaller in CM it's 52 k

I have working network in 25th pac nightly :)

Nightlies never stopped building they have just been failing for for the last 5 days, the 25th was last successful build (apart from the 2 modem files that needed copying).

So there must be a major problem somewhere for 5 builds in a row to fail.

Hopefully someone will look into it because I love this rom, I think it's the best KK rom.

Yeah :)
    PACman Team are looking into this issue

Hopefully we should get some successful builds again.

goldflame09

device/samsung/serrano-common/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:248: error: Resource at config_smsUseExpectMore appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.

That's the error

:D