Slim Armor + 3000mah battery mod

Search This thread

nostradmus

Feb 22, 2011
Thought I would share my extended battery mod.
This allows the official Samsung 3000mah battery to fit perfectly into the Slim Armor case. The case looks similar to the Slim Armor made by Spigen for various phones but this particular case is not made by Spigen.

Things you will need:
S3 (duh)
3000mah extended battery
Slim Armor case
Dremel or Stanley knife
Some booze

Steps:
Measure or trace position of battery on origional S3 battery door and cut it out with a rotary tool or Stanley knife.

Lay battery door inside the soft part of the case and cut out where the battery will go.

Install new battery and put on battery door and assembled Slim Armor case.

The gap between battery and case is perfect but if for some reason you have some wriggle room put a layer or 2 of soft tape inside to close the gap.

------------------------

Hope this helps people like me that would like some extra battery life without turning your phone into a landmark you could spot from space.
I will try to upload some photos if I figure out how.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 741
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 705
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 683
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 644
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
Reactions: zmagas1

nostradmus

Feb 22, 2011
A quick update on this mod.
Been using this for a week now and no issues to report.
Battery and case still fit snug.

pyro224

Jul 26, 2010
A quick update on this mod.
Been using this for a week now and no issues to report.
Battery and case still fit snug.

hm this looks interesting, i wonder if it will work with other extended battery likes hyperion or anker. Are any other extended battery the same thickness as the OEM extended battery?

nostradmus

Feb 22, 2011
There really isn't much more room in the case to fit a physically larger battery. You could maybe cram another millimeter in there but it might snap the hard plastic part of the case. I'm guessing unless those batteries are in the 3500mah and under range it won't work. I would like to be proven wrong though :) .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought I would share my extended battery mod.
    This allows the official Samsung 3000mah battery to fit perfectly into the Slim Armor case. The case looks similar to the Slim Armor made by Spigen for various phones but this particular case is not made by Spigen.

Things you will need:
    S3 (duh)
    3000mah extended battery
    Slim Armor case
    Dremel or Stanley knife
    Some booze

Steps:
    Measure or trace position of battery on origional S3 battery door and cut it out with a rotary tool or Stanley knife.

Lay battery door inside the soft part of the case and cut out where the battery will go.

Install new battery and put on battery door and assembled Slim Armor case.

The gap between battery and case is perfect but if for some reason you have some wriggle room put a layer or 2 of soft tape inside to close the gap.

------------------------

Hope this helps people like me that would like some extra battery life without turning your phone into a landmark you could spot from space.
    I will try to upload some photos if I figure out how.