Glitching and freezing?

Search This thread

TheMavic

Jul 30, 2011
Dallas
www.imnjs.com
Hello,

I just acquired another Note 3, except this time on Verizon. Everything seemed to be working fine. I got home, did a factory reset (because the CSR skipped a bunch of stuff) and got everything set up the way I like it. Installed a few of my favorite apps (Snapchat, Spotify, Clash of Clans) and turned off all the Amazon and Verizon bloat.

Until...

About an hour after I got home I had my screen freeze. There was a few static lines going across the screen and then the device rebooted and returned to normal. No biggie. Then I played Clash of Clans for a little bit and the same thing happened. Sigh. This time it didn't restart itself, so I pulled the battery and noticed the battery cover wasn't fastened completely at the store. This made me question if that was the cause, but usually stuff like that happens from software issues. I left the battery out for a few minutes and threw it back in.

There was a couple more times it happened, but really no need to go into detail. Now I'm just sitting here typing this out hoping it doesn't happen again.

Any ideas to what might be causing this? I don't use any apps not tested on Kitkat, and am not rooted etc. I'd hate to make another trip to the store to swap it out. Oh, and I also disabled WiFi scanning, and that didn't seem to fix the issue.

Help!

talonzme

Sep 30, 2010
I had some reboots as well. I don't remember where i saw it but I read an article about done issues in kit Kat causing freezes. The article also covered the pain in the arse changes to sdcard r/w.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I rooted using beanstown106's method for kit Kat 4.4.2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787627

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TheMavic

Jul 30, 2011
Dallas
www.imnjs.com
So I went back and exchanged the phone today for a different one and so far so good. This one came pre-installed with kitkat as well. I'm crossing my fingers.

waterbottels

Dec 25, 2013
My phone is doing this as well, brand new note 3 with no
Except mine is rooted. I figured it was the root. Now I want to unroot and return it. ..
How do I unroot from towel root

TheMavic

Jul 30, 2011
Dallas
www.imnjs.com
My phone is doing this as well, brand new note 3 with no
Except mine is rooted. I figured it was the root. Now I want to unroot and return it. ..
How do I unroot from towel root
No idea, haven't rooted mine and don't plan to. There should be a guide posted somewhere in General.

For what it's worth, haven't had a single issue with the replacement so far. Phew.

waterbottels

Dec 25, 2013
No idea, haven't rooted mine and don't plan to. There should be a guide posted somewhere in General.

For what it's worth, haven't had a single issue with the replacement so far. Phew.

Could you keep me updated on how you went about getting it replaced? Also how long have you had it without incident? I'm looking into unrooting replacing it

TheMavic

Jul 30, 2011
Dallas
www.imnjs.com
Could you keep me updated on how you went about getting it replaced? Also how long have you had it without incident? I'm looking into unrooting replacing it
It's been 24 hours so far without incident. I just took it up to the Verizon store where I purchased it and told them it was freezing and rebooting and they gave me a brand new replacement. How long have you had yours?