Search This thread

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
So ... can someone TRULY say this REALLY works and kinda explain HOW it works ( there seems to be some conflicting info in this thread , just asking for some clarification = THX :) )

Reactions: jarnow94

SurgeRush

Dec 30, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Ok, flashed the file, they didn't go into their correct folders, I tried moving the files, they're not moving. Any chance someone can make up a quick stupid person (me) tutorial on how to move the files to there correct locations, because I am clearly doing something very wrong here. I understand where they go, I just can't get them to go. Thank you in advance if you do help, if I'm asking you to do something extremely stupid and you don't want to help, I understand that as well.

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
So ... can someone TRULY say this REALLY works and kinda explain HOW it works ( there seems to be some conflicting info in this thread , just asking for some clarification = THX :) )

If/when Rocko posts the update, I've provided him with plenty of information about how the new zip behaves, which I'll be happy to expand on when/if he posts it.

In short, the current version doesn't do anything, but the new version does something, though it is fairly subtle, and comes at the risk of clipping the file.

Like I said, hopefully Rocko will post the update, and post some information on what is actually happening. If he does, I'll probably do some more testing.

Reactions: RockoDev

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
here's same files , works for Runnymede, sensation ROM ported to HD2
with permissions set,
if you change DSPManager do a Dalvik wipe in CWR

RockoDev I did you a installer signature

RockoDevCapture.PNG

Attachments

• RockoDev_beats_audio_all_gingerbread_roms_CWR.zip
    609.6 KB · Views: 384
  • DSPManager.apk
    35.2 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: RockoDev

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
thats awesome i will start using that thanks man

made it from here, you might find one you like better,

EDIT: you can open select dropdown and all the way at to select TEST ALL after you type your test and it will test all the fon't and you can just scroll through them all and look but it has to be within size to fit your phones screen

updater%20signitureCapture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: .Elite_The_King.

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
What do you mean by clipping?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Out of time for the evening and away from my computer, but I'll post a full report, with pictures in the morning.

Basically clipping happens when the signal goes above the maximum value the device can support... Think of it like the music asking for an 11 when the device can only give you a 10. When that happens, you get a ten, and the wave shape gets all screwed up. Which basically means your music sounds like crap.

It is only likely to happen in certain conditions, but it's certainly something that the new version of the mod is not protecting you from.

Caveat emptor.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

.Elite_The_King.

Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Out of time for the evening and away from my computer, but I'll post a full report, with pictures in the morning.

Basically clipping happens when the signal goes above the maximum value the device can support... Think of it like the music asking for an 11 when the device can only give you a 10. When that happens, you get a ten, and the wave shape gets all screwed up. Which basically means your music sounds like crap.

It is only likely to happen in certain conditions, but it's certainly something that the new version of the mod is not protecting you from.

Caveat emptor.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Yes its so true. dude knows he's talking about.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

made it from here, you might find one you like better,

EDIT: you can open select dropdown and all the way at to select TEST ALL after you type your test and it will test all the fon't and you can just scroll through them all and look but it has to be within size to fit your phones screen

Awesome dude thanks a million dude really appreciated man a lot. Thanks again.

sirmims

Aug 27, 2010
Post number 2 about where to out the files is worded kinda word. I'm not sure, do I put all files in the system bin and libs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

SurgeRush

Dec 30, 2011
Syracuse, NY
if zip doesnt install files in right place

1.download zip
2.unzip using root explorer
3.multi select files
4.go into system and paste were they exp system/bin-system/etc-system/libs
5.reboot phone fix permission in recovery

This is exactly what I was doing.. Every time I try to move them it says I cannot do it because of system restrictions.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

fatduke720

Feb 12, 2009
Pensacola
What app are you trying to use. You have to change permissions on your system folder. Use root explorer or es file explorer.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
This is exactly what I was doing.. Every time I try to move them it says I cannot do it because of system restrictions.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

if I knew the ROM you installed or if you could attach your updater.scrip I can or someone could do you a installer, I need to know how your system is mounted, different ROMs (phones mount system different)

shanedroid

Sep 1, 2010
Thanks for the hard work guys, this could be something very awesome and it looks as if you guys are working through it. +1 fan for beats in every phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RockoDev peoject,

*New update Equalizer has been added to the app 01/06/2016

Hello is has been a long time since i have updated or maintained this Mod, i was recently received many emails and Dm's asking for links, zip, and ETC regrading the Mod so i though i could bring a little bit of support back to community to THOSE WHO ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THE MOD!

Hello Welcome To Beats Audio Mod 2k16

What this includes
    *Beats Libs
    *Beats Bins
    *ETC Files
    *SRS
    *New HW files(Could affect boot for some phones Back up before Flashing)

thanks

SNOOPY33
    amarullz
    Old
    virus for bringing it to the evo first even tho i dont have a evo but thanks!!
    carl1961
    Old
    jwischka
    Quinny899
    Htc
    Beats audio
    Me
    And person who ported xloud
    _Sofos_

Working devices

Photon
    SGII
    Razr
    Atrix
    Xoom
    Galaxy tab 7.7
    A500
    Galaxy Note
    LG P990 (Optimus 2x)

How to's

if zip doesnt install files in right place(Dont Forget to R/W IN ROOT EXPLORER)

1.download zip
    2.unzip using root explorer
    3.multi select files
    4.go into system and paste were they exp system/bin-system/etc-system/libs
    5.reboot phone fix permission in recovery

Changlogs

07/31/12
    edited some files
    and build prop audio tweaks

06/29/12
    removed alot of usless files
    and updated new files must have init.d support

05/06/12
    newer leaked ice for htc
    bin,etc,libs etc files
    05/05/12
    new srs files
    framework files
    bin files

03/17
    New rezound files
    Beats Audio HW files
    bin files
    New zip
    added more audio files that were missing

03/14
    added missing files
    thanks imbawind for singing zip[/SIZE]

OLD DOWNLOADS

This ZIP is for all 2.3+ (marhensa)
    Download
    If you have a SGII or maybe any Samsung download this file "JUST SAMSUNG"( _Sofos_ )
    Download
    IF FOR SOME REASON ABOUT ZIPS DONT WORK USE DOWNLOAD03/02/12
    OLD ZIPS
    DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD03/02/12

[/CENTER]
    Im not asking for money i do this for free and so what do you want me too add you too credits take a chill pill

For abybody with negative comments take them some where else dont want to hear them and deal with them

Audio is something special.
    When you say there is an improvement, people tend to listen closer and perceive something different even if it doesn't exist.
    That's called placebo.

All I'm asking is intellectual honesty in order to not abuse of this many times proven fact.

I also think placebo-mods are affecting negatively everyone's work and also the confidence XDA users have in developers.

The solution is simple: It improves audio? That can be measured then!
    If you can't measure it, it means it does nothing.

Me, I measured, Galaxy S II. found it wasn't working. It's not an opinion or a critic. It's a fact.
    I THE ORIGINAL PERSON THAT CAME UP WITH THE IDEA AND PORTED IT

Just tested devices
    sg2

Pm' me reason alot people have not giving me credit for taking my time and work thank you

Tested, with a precise and valid methodology I use in my work and reviews

All it does is strictly no change in audio output.

If you claiming you're improving sound quality while implicitly asking for donations (aka [Donate to me] button) I strongly suggest you to bring some elements supporting your assumptions.

I might add that by distributing random files and libs you're violating several manufacturers copyrights and intellectual property.