Desire s successor desire x

Search This thread

skim0322

Jul 4, 2011
Id rather spend a bit more and invest in a samsung or a nexus phone...

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

dan_alexandre

Feb 17, 2012
To be honest, and personally speaking.. the One S felt like a successor to me.. The Desire X looks like it'll be a respectable phone though hehe :)

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
To be honest, and personally speaking.. the One S felt like a successor to me.. The Desire X looks like it'll be a respectable phone though hehe :)

the one thing I hate about one s is only 16gb memory and no memory card slot and for me 16 gb isn't enough ;)
so that's why I think desire x is very good package it is not like have awesome hardware but very good hardware and also use the one series camera n chipset so it is a good package

dan_alexandre

Feb 17, 2012
the one thing I hate about one s is only 16gb memory and no memory card slot and for me 16 gb isn't enough ;)
so that's why I think desire x is very good package it is not like have awesome hardware but very good hardware and also use the one series camera n chipset so it is a good package

Oh, I wasn't comparing the One S with the Desire X, just that when the One S came out it felt like a successor, unibody, good hardware.. mid/high price range.

I agree however with what you said, the lack of expansion might bother some, I personally don't make use of my SD card that much on my desire S but I can easily imagine some people doing so. :)

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Do keep in mind the screen is only WVGA which is quite poor for today's standards.

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

JackyJack

Jun 17, 2011
Paris
One S is way too big, this Desire X is really sexy I think it will be my next phone, but I am afraid about the Adreno 203 GPU (our Desire S has 205)...

Anyway, I'll wait for it to be unlocked and 1st MIUI port done, I need MIUI as my OS.

Skanob

Feb 19, 2011
Perth
True. But keep in mind that the Desire S and Desire X has the same screen resolution. Based on my research. It will have Full Sense 4. It should be much easier to port than resizing.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

JackyJack

Jun 17, 2011
Paris
Actually I saw some advised post on gsmarena about Desire X that changed my mind, especially the HSDPA thing :
Frndz i wana share something.
This phone has =>
* no scratch resistant glass protection
* no hd video recording
* no front camera
* only cortex A5 cpu no cortex A9 cpu (some games need cortex a9)
* no adreno 205 gpu only adreno 203 gpu
* no dual sim
* not hot swepable micro sd card
* no sutter key for camera
* only 233 ppi density (so not much crispy in browsing)
* poor screen viewing angle
* no adobe flash
* no beats Audio head phone in the box (have to buy separatly and it will cost around $10 or 550INR)
* only hsdpa 7.2 mbps not 14.4 mbps
* no on-the-go support (otg) functionality
* no Dvix-Xvid support out of the box
* only 5 mp camera
* no document editor out of the box (have to pay for install separatly )
* no dedicated mic for active noice cancellation
* no HDMI port for tv oupput
* only 4gb internal memory in which only 1gb is for user avilable
* no 1080p@30fps video playback (not confirmed)
* no NFC
Very-Sorry for any mistake if i did .
So guys think before buy.
I will suggest xperia u and samsung galaxy ace 2 in this price tag.

I'll just stick with my good old Desire S for the moment, hoping a stable MIUI JB to be released.

JackyJack

Jun 17, 2011
Paris
Well if I'm not wrong it has S4 krait processor so it won't cheap as desire x
And in my opinion desire x will perform better than desire s coz it has S4 play series dual core processor

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

MSM8960, dual-core Krait, this is the same chip as GS III, ONE X, LUMIA 920, XPERIA GX/SX and other high end phones.

Good thing is it should make the ROM ports easier xD

This is definitly going to be my next phone.

I am not really sure about the Desire X perfs, dual core should give it better perfs in system and 2D stuff like using the browser or navigating in menus, but in 3D apps (games) it should have similar perfs as the Desire S.