[Q] PC does not recognize Xperia P with new Nemesis 6.0

Search This thread

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
Hello Dear Developers and Users. I have some troubles with brand new Nemesis 6.0 kernel on Xperia P. After upgading to 6.0 PC does not recognize my phone, showing it as unknown device. Unfortunately I cannot post on right topics directly due limitations for new members, so I posted here. I followed these steps

FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS:

* Mount system and data
* Flash nemesis v6.0
* check if system and data are still mounted
* Flash MoonWalker v5.5
* Wipe data (factory reset)
* wipe dalvik and cache
* Reboot

Tried additionally to disable and re-enable USB Debugging, rebooting againg to CWM and rewipe cache, It does not help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
Flash another rom

Sent from my LT22i using xda premium

The ROM itself is not the source of the trouble. This ROM works perfectly with 5.4 Nemesis Kernel. As you can see from Moonwalker topic, there are also some guys who have such trouble as mine, but there also persons, like Pandemic - the author of ROM, who successfully used 6.0 + MW 5.5

Last edited:

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
The ROM itself is not the source of the trouble. This ROM works perfectly with 5.4 Nemesis Kernel. As you can see from Moonwalker topic, there are also some guys who have such trouble as mine, but there also persons, like Pandemic - the author of ROM, who successfully used 6.0 + MW 5.5

No he was on v5 then. He had the same problem. He flashed 5.5 and it was ok

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
No he was on v5 then. He had the same problem. He flashed 5.5 and it was ok

Ok. Strange. I tried different way. Flashed 6.0 using Fastboot, then Moonwalker 5.5. Same story

Download the fastboot package below and extract it somewhere e.g. your Desktop
Copy nemesis.elf to the same folder
Open cmd and enter fastboot directory
Write "fastboot flash boot nemesis.elf" and press enter
It will show you "Waiting for device"
Power off your phone and press the volume up button while you connect the usb
It should be flashed okay
Reboot and Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache

Last edited:

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
Ok. Strange. I tried different way. Flashed 6.0 using Fastboot, then Moonwalker 5.5. Same story

Download the fastboot package below and extract it somewhere e.g. your Desktop
Copy nemesis.elf to the same folder
Open cmd and enter fastboot directory
Write "fastboot flash boot nemesis.elf" and press enter
It will show you "Waiting for device"
Power off your phone and press the volume up button while you connect the usb
It should be flashed okay
Reboot and Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache

There are quite a number of users with this problem..... I am on lb so cant really know whats going on with custom kernels

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
By the way. On 6.0 adb commands are not worked for me too in CWM. I tried to adbp push old Nemesis Kernels to memory with no success.

Last edited:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
By the way. On 6.0 adb commands are not worked for me too in CWM. I tried to adbp push old Nemesis Kernels to memory with no success.

But adb never worked in CWM and not in any recovery/kernel for xp that I know of.
There is is one CWM Touch from Sola that has adb but nandroid restore is painfully slow with it.

I don't have the mass storage problem and adb works in phone though i cannot take logcat.

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
Last edited:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
It worked for me on some kernel on my phone. I have bootloped, so these instruction are helped a lot

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32571471&postcount=5

I', the ;last one you need to explain the inportamce of adb in CWM to. I know it would have saved many people to lose all data in many cases is they had adb in CWM.
IMO kernel developers should make this as first priority, before any optimization or other tweaks that at best don't do any harm.

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
I', the ;last one you need to explain the inportamce of adb in CWM to. I know it would have saved many people to lose all data in many cases is they had adb in CWM.
IMO kernel developers should make this as first priority, before any optimization or other tweaks that at best don't do any harm.

Completely agree with you!

Last edited:

tharansakthi

Jun 24, 2013
Melmaruvathur
alvistor.com
The Kernel is reuploaded

Hello Dear Developers and Users. I have some troubles with brand new Nemesis 6.0 kernel on Xperia P. After upgading to 6.0 PC does not recognize my phone, showing it as unknown device. Unfortunately I cannot post on right topics directly due limitations for new members, so I posted here. I followed these steps

* Mount system and data
* Flash nemesis v6.0
* Flash MoonWalker v5.5
* wipe dalvik and cache
* Reboot

Tried additionally to disable and re-enable USB Debugging, rebooting againg to CWM and rewipe cache, It does not help.

Thanks in advance.

The Nemesis v6.0 is reuploaded twice, so try downloading it now and flash it through flashtool..

Reactions: P.A.M

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
The Nemesis v6.0 is reuploaded twice, so try downloading it now and flash it through flashtool..

Did you read my last post? :) I have avoided and bypassed trouble even before last update. B.T.W Now is the third update released - 6.1. I have successfully flashed it. :good: Thanks for attention and worrying!

Last edited:

cheahbrandon

Feb 17, 2014
ettings>Storage>(Touch options button)>USB Computer Connection>(Check) Media device (MTP)
Also Turn Off the USB Debugging :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Kernel is reuploaded

* Mount system and data
    * Flash nemesis v6.0
    * Flash MoonWalker v5.5
    * wipe dalvik and cache
    * Reboot

Thanks in advance.