[APP][v0.40][Jan-18] StweaksProfiles - Backup/restore your stweaks settings

Search This thread

aamirleo55

Mar 21, 2009
Mumbai
Hii Sir, can you please post stock kernel like profile for siyah kernel 1.8.9 ?? actually i wanted to modify the CPU_GPU voltages according to Stock kernel.
thanking you.

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hii Sir, can you please post stock kernel like profile for siyah kernel 1.8.9 ?? actually i wanted to modify the CPU_GPU voltages according to Stock kernel.
thanking you.
Stock Siyah settings follows default cpu/gpu voltages as stock kernel. Just reset settings on Stweaks and the gpu/cpu voltages &thresholds you see are stock.
Hi
. would it be possible to add a function that creates and CWM zip containing a selected saved configuration to restore settings if something went wrong and you are in a boot loop?

Thank you
If something went wrong, you can flash Gokhan Moral's reset profiles zip which will reset settings to default. If you mean to reset settings to a saved configuration (backed up by this app) of your own, I will consider the request.

kondronaute

Nov 12, 2011
Stock Siyah settings follows default cpu/gpu voltages as stock kernel. Just reset settings on Stweaks and the gpu/cpu voltages &thresholds you see are stock.

If something went wrong, you can flash Gokhan Moral's reset profiles zip which will reset settings to default. If you mean to reset settings to a saved configuration (backed up by this app) of your own, I will consider the request.

you can also reboot in siyah recovery and reset settings

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
where can we add profiles we find on xda manually? i can't seem to find the folder in the root.
What do you mean?
- If you mean adding the profiles i posted, just flash the zip and profiles will be available in the app.
- If you mean adding profiles someone posted (as plain text), configure the same using Stweaks app and backup using this app.
- If you mean profile files posted by someone on xda, download them, copy to /data/.siyah or /data/.perseus depending on your kernel, set permissions 777.

Reactions: LentoViolentoMan

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi droidphile

could you please point me where to get profiles for perseus?

i just change from siyah and i hope you can help
Hm, I don't of a source for Perseus profiles. You can refer my sample profile settings or something and configure common settings (between Siyah and Perseus) using Stweaks app. I'm sure you can configure extra settings added by Andrei if you read his descriptions of what those do.

LentoViolentoMan

Oct 12, 2010
What do you mean?
- If you mean adding the profiles i posted, just flash the zip and profiles will be available in the app.
- If you mean adding profiles someone posted (as plain text), configure the same using Stweaks app and backup using this app.
- If you mean profile files posted by someone on xda, download them, copy to /data/.siyah or /data/.perseus depending on your kernel, set permissions 777.

thanks, the last one i was referring to.

although im on perseus, there is no .Perseus folder in root/data/

Any ideas on this?

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Can we use sample profiles on N2 ?
Perseus on N2 right. No.
Wish if someone did the honour of creating sample profiles for perseus - S3 and Note 2, also for Siyah - S2 and Xperia T. Not getting free time these days and gotta do some more work on the app before pushing to playstore. Widget support and kernel version wise filter for ex.

Reactions: amg009

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
can you please make a profile for gamers tweaks?thanks
Just tune up gpu frequencies and thresholds on extreme performance profile and you got gamer profile.
Hi. Would it be possible to change the profile backup location... I wiped my phone and all my profile where gone...if I could change the backup location to external sdcard that would be great!
Intention is not to introduce any permissions on the app. Making the storage location external sd would void that. Moreover there's a chance that profiles from different kernels get mixed up and cause undesirable effects if restored incorrectly

Reactions: DirkStorck

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Italy
i'm trying to backup, but when i press 'backup' it says me 'unable to save profile. Check the backup name', i've tried with number, letters, both...
Galaxy s2 on cm 10, siyah 5.0.1, stweaksprofiles v 0.4!

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
i'm trying to backup, but when i press 'backup' it says me 'unable to save profile. Check the backup name', i've tried with number, letters, both...
Galaxy s2 on cm 10, siyah 5.0.1, stweaksprofiles v 0.4!
Hm that's weird. That message should appear only if there are issues with permissions creating backup file.

execute this on a terminal
chmod 777 /data/.siyah

To be sure, "forget" this app using superuser or supersu app, and re-grant su permissions again.

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Italy
Hm that's weird. That message should appear only if there are issues with permissions creating backup file.

execute this on a terminal
chmod 777 /data/.siyah

To be sure, "forget" this app using superuser or supersu app, and re-grant su permissions again.
i've done the command on terminal, then i've remove the app from superuser app, but when i've started stweaksprofiles it didn't ask me for the permissions and give me the same error...

Hi. I don't know if Siyah has that function to but with Perseus you are able to write "override.profile" where you can put some parts of an profile that will be merged into you current profile at first boot. The config entries don't have to be in a certain order.
Would it be possible that you add this feature to your app? Lets say you have such a file on your sdcard and select "merged" those values will be applied to your profile at runtime.

Thanks!

droidphile

Jul 19, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi. I don't know if Siyah has that function to but with Perseus you are able to write "override.profile" where you can put some parts of an profile that will be merged into you current profile at first boot. The config entries don't have to be in a certain order.
Would it be possible that you add this feature to your app? Lets say you have such a file on your sdcard and select "merged" those values will be applied to your profile at runtime.

Thanks!
That sounds interesting. I don't think siyah has that feature. Problem is that this app should support all the kernels implementing uci.sh in similar fashion. If I am to add merge feature, either it should be active only for Perseus or Siyah should also incorporate the feature. Let me talk to Andrei to get the details.

Reactions: flatronics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What:-
    Simple standalone app to backup and restore your custom Stweaks settings as profiles - as many as you want.

2yzjzuh.png
    a9o6r4.png

Supported Devices/Kernels:-
    - International Galaxy S3 - Running Siyah/Perseus/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface
    - International Galaxy S2 - Running Siyah/Dorimanx/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface
    - International Galaxy Note 2 - Running Perseus/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface
    - Sony Xperia T - Running Siyah/any kernel that implements /res/uci.sh interface

Known Bugs:-
    - Some delay here and there

Credits:-
    - Gokhanmoral
    - 89Luca89

Changes:-
    v0.20
    - Ditch tasker, move to traditional java
    v0.25
    - Smoother restoring, smoother refreshing list of profiles, auto update profile list after deleting a profile
    - Confirmation on over writing a backup with same name,
    - Long press to delete a profile now works as intended
    v0.30
    - Highlight current profile in green. If you have multiple profiles which are same as current profile, all of them will be highlighted in green to help remove duplicates.
    v0.35
    - Alternate method to highlight current profile(s)
    - Rename saved profiles
    - Sync (3rd tab). Feature aims to sync Stweaks settings on current rom to other rom when you're dual booting on Siyah kernel.

v0.36
    - Fixed lag while selecting a tab (press or swipe)
    - another attempt to Sync feature. Works only on 4.1 roms (Cm10.1 won't work for now)
    v0.40
    - Tightly coupled with uci.sh
    - Active profile highlighting should work normal. Only the actual current profile will be highlighted.
    - Misc bug fixes and improve overall smoothness

To-Do:-
    - Rename profiles - DONE
    - Group saved profiles by Kernel Version, so that you can delete profiles from an older kernel version in case it would cause conflicts with current kernel build if restored.
    - Option to sort saved profiles by name, age, etc.
    - Widget support
    - One click sync button to sync Stweaks settings in one rom to the other when you're in dual boot setup. ie, one click button to apply Stweak settings in your current rom to other without having to save here/restore there process. - Done on a test basis

Sample Profiles:-
    - Profile Zip is meant only for Siyah kernel 1.8.6 and later running on Galaxy S3 i9300
    - The attached zip includes 4 sample profiles - 2 for battery, 2 for performance. As I always say, these are for people who doesn't know/doesn't wanna know about tweaking settings in Stweaks but just want to use any ready-made profile.
    - Flash in recovery. You can either first install apk then flash the zip, or the other way around - it doesn't matter.
    - After flashing zip look under "RESTORE" tab in the app for the profiles which you can now restore and switch between in a couple of seconds.

NOTE: To install v0.40 and above if you're running Siyah kernel on your Galaxy S3, make sure to run Siyah 1.8.9 or above. Lower versions of Siyah won't work. For other devices/kernels, there shouldn't be any issues.
    App v0.2

Yeah new version out. This time in java and holo theme :) Sorry for the late release. Been super busy for the last couple of months.

Please note the following
    - I did not post sample profiles yet since changing GPU voltages in Stweaks seem to cause freeze/reboot on CM10.1
    - If long press do not work at first, single click on a profile - cancel the confirmation and try long press
    - While restoring, the alert dialog might look like it's stuck. It's not. In the next version, i will implement restoring as an asynchronous process.

EDIT: long press bug and "stuck on restore" bug fixed in v0.25
    That right. I am using Perseus kernel and created the backup running this kernel. Before the list was empty and after I have deleted that folder my backup - created in the perseus folder - was showen.
    That's strange, because I refer to customconfig-helper global variable PROFILE_PATH which holds path to Stweaks directory of current kernel - data/xyz. Presence of stweaks doir from another kernel shouldn't be a problem.

@All

In the next release, app will be written in Java - the conventional style. Tasker generates heavy apps size wise, app loading is a little slow and debugging problems in tasker is a pain in the ass.
    We will have tabs for backup/restore/sync. (Sync is to sync stweaks settings from current rom to other rom in one-click if you're dual booting). Will also post 4 sample profiles which can be availed in the app as ready-made profiles.

Those interested can keep a watch on this thread, expect the next release any day.
    v0.40 released.

- Tightly coupled with uci.sh for more generic-ness and smoother operations.
    - Highlighting should work perfect.
    - Overall smoothness improved
    - If on Siyah kernel for GS3, make sure to run 1.8.9 or above. Lower versions not supported from v0.40
    That's just what i'm looking for, finally we can bu/restore our settings. Thanks x1000!