How do I get s off?

Search This thread

rtubbs85

Mar 19, 2010
rosamond
So I rooted my phone using the toolkit but I don't have s off. I tried the firewater method but couldn't get it to work. I'm using the att version

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
You may need to try it numerous times for it to work as some members said that it didn't work right away for them but after a few more attempts it was all good :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
Yeah I tried Firewater and it succeeded but after a few Times. I got stuck at the adb shell command and it would go past there so I exited adb then started again but this time from the adb shell command and it went smoothly from there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

rtubbs85

Mar 19, 2010
rosamond
Yeah I tried Firewater and it succeeded but after a few Times. I got stuck at the adb shell command and it would go past there so I exited adb then started again but this time from the adb shell command and it went smoothly from there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

yeah i tried firewater but i dont understand there instructions on how to use adb and what commands to enter.

rtubbs85

Mar 19, 2010
rosamond
Open CMD window and just type exactly what is requested on the firewater website. First fastboot devices to see if you are all up and running then fire away!

so i opened the cmd window and typed in adb reboot and i says it does not work am i missing something? also it says Push, Prepare, and Execute firewater

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Hmm I'm no expert in adb cmd. I just followed instructions but after reboot it should reboot.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
so the first thing i type into cmd is adb reboot correct?

Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.USB 2.0 ports are preferred.You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issuesEnsure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.no passcode lockno pattern lockno face lockDownload firewater*HEREPush, Prepare, and Execute firewater:

adb reboot * * **<–important!!!!
adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
adb shell
su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
/data/local/tmp/firewater

Agree to the terms and conditions you are prompted withAllow the exploit to do its work.Profit

Sent from my HTC One_M8

rtubbs85

Mar 19, 2010
rosamond
Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.USB 2.0 ports are preferred.You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issuesEnsure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.no passcode lockno pattern lockno face lockDownload firewater*HEREPush, Prepare, and Execute firewater:

adb reboot * * **<–important!!!!
adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
adb shell
su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
/data/local/tmp/firewater

Agree to the terms and conditions you are prompted withAllow the exploit to do its work.Profit

Sent from my HTC One_M8

alright so when i type in adb reboot it says device not found

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Then you have to install the correct drivers and make sure device is in debugging mode usb

Sent from my HTC One_M8