[HOW-TO]Flash T-Mobile USA Radio In Recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So guys, I have been unable to run the Dev Edition RUU on my T-Mobile One, even with a Dev Edition CID, because of a mismatching Model ID (MID), Mike1986's chart says our T-Mobile Ones are MID PN0712000 but in fact they are PN0713000, so the RUU doesn't work, and I feel even if I get it to work, OTAs will most definitely not work with mismatched MIDs. Anyone know if there is a way to change the MID without a modified HBOOT? Don't wanna go that far, S-Off was far enough lol.
    A group claims to have achieved S-OFF on the One (http://androidspin.com/2013/05/01/htc-one-s-off-achieved-htc-users-can-now-rejoice-as-well/) but they are charging for the service and you are required to send in your phone, which may indicate that it is a JTAG method.

What we need is a software method. I'm fairly confident this will happen, but I'm basing that on nothing by my perception of HTC with the release of this phone and their activity in the community (including their presence on Reddit and other forums where they are actively collecting user feedback).

S-Off is now a thing, I wonder if this will get traction again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582
    I have a T-Mobile HTC One and I have S-Off'd and applied SuperCID after. I live in a refarmed area (with LTE already popping up in places) so I am willing to risk my HSPA on AWS band (possibly until a T-Mo RUU comes out) for the sake of getting closer to figuring this out lol. Will it help if I try an Developer Edition RUU which will flash over my radio partition? If I lose my HSPA on AWS band, it could mean that it really is only software but if I don't then there could actually be a hardware difference. Anyone get what I'm trying to say? Am I making sense?
    In your dialer type

*#*#4636#*#*

Should bring up all the info and you can see if it's like band 4/ etc

let me know if this works.

Takes me to a special menu, tells me what type of data connection I'm on, but I don't see the band anywhere. Anyone know which field I should be looking at exactly?

Oh, and I get out of work in about three hours. I will flash the RUU as soon as I get out. Hope I can figure out what to look for in the menu by then. If not I'll just go somewhere I know isn't refarmed and see if I only get 2G. Have some places a few minutes from me I can try.
    Okay I'm assuming your on dev edition RUU now?

Did you notice any difference in speeds or nothing so far?

Let me do some research and I'll post back, did you goto an area with edge and see if it did anything?

Sorry, no. That is just a mike1986 stock euro ROM with my CID changed to HTC__001. But it's T-Mobile radio so my AWS band has definitely been working while on this. The tricky part is what I'm about to do, which is change CID to Dev Edition and flash a Dev Edition RUU, which should flash over my T-Mo radio also. I am home from work now and gonna do it now. Wish me luck! If I lose the AWS band I won't get it back until a T-Mo RUU comes out, but for the sake of experimentation, I won't mind.