[ROM] CM10 for RAZR HD XT925

Search This thread

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
This is a CM10 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2) firmware for RAZR HD. It's not a official CyanogenMod, and it's not supported by CM team.

Disclaimer: THIS FIRMWARE IS IN BETA STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT.
I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

For now I only have how to test the XT925. I think this version will have problems with mobile data on XT926 dev edition (if it boots, dont know), because some patches not included in CM are needed to make it work, dhacker29 is working on the CDMA patches.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader or with safestrap.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd

Instructions:
Download the zip (cm-10-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
Boot into recovery.
Backup your firmware and data!
Install the firmware (install zip from...).
Install gapps (install zip from...).
Wipe data/cache.
Reboot.

Thanks dhacker29 for collaboration

BGMEn.png

AVFHb.png
fiA4b.png

Last edited:

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Good work!

I can't try it currently, I need my wifi... :$
Do you know if Play Store works ?

I know you must write this
Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone
But it scares me a little :D

manuski

Sep 7, 2010
So I'm guessing this doesn't work for cdma version because there's no unlocked boot loader for cdma right?' I have a safe strap and a custom Rom on now but no unlocked boot loader x and there's no other kernal so I guess that's why we need unlocked loaders.

estuardo4

Jul 7, 2009
Epinter,

I'm new to Motorola as a brand, but not to CWM, unlocked bootloaders or custom ROMs. I asked you on the CWM thread on what to press in order to have the CWM menu. As soon as someone tell me, I will test your ROM, as I don't need for now my camera or WiFi.

I have an unlocked bootloader, XT925 model and when I press power and vol +/- I boot to the stock Motorola recovery. I followed the instructions on the CWM thread to load it using mfastboot, but I can't load CWM after a reboot.

Thank you very much for your help.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer here http://www.theandroidsoul.com/twrp-and-clocworkmod-cwm-recovery-for-motorola-droid-razr-hd-xt926/

I will try CM10 now.

Last edited:
Reactions: petersonldp

estuardo4

Jul 7, 2009
Also, you mentioned that call service was broken. Is it already fixed on this version? I can live without Wifi or camera, but can't live without voice calls.

Thank you.

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon
Great !!!! :)

Just need wifi/(camera)/(thetering) ^^ What about hardware acceleration ?

It work with Safestrap Recovery ?

Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
That's just wonderful epinter! Thanks. I'll give it a try (but can't keep it installed permanently since I rely exclusively on wifi...)

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
ROM: Stock ICS 4.0.4 (rooted)
Recovery: TWRP v2.2.2.1

I'm getting an error trying to flash CM10:

-- Install /external_sd/Download/cm10/cm-10-20121115-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip ...
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /external_sd/Download/cm10/cm-10-20121115-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "xt925" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "xt925" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "vanquish_u" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vanquish_u" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "vanquish" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vanquish"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "xt925" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "xt925" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "vanquish_u" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vanquish_u" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "vanquish" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vanquish"
E:Error in /external_sd/Download/cm10/cm-10-20121115-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip
(Status 7)

Double checked /system/build.prop and ro.product.device is set to vanquish_u.

Any idea?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

All right, I googled the problem and it seems the best way to handle this is to get rid of the "assert" command in /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

Let's try this...

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

For those wondering, the zip file needs to be updated; NOT extracted / re-zipped.
What I did (on Debian):

7za x cm-10-20121115-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
kate META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script [remove the assert line]
7za u cm-10-20121115-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

First boot... "CyagenMod" cycling logo... for 5 minutes... seems to be stuck somehow...
Fed up with waiting any longer... Forcing reboot... Same story... Stuck on CyagenMod cycling logo...

Last edited:

epinter

Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
ROM: Stock ICS 4.0.4 (rooted)
Recovery: TWRP v2.2.2.1

I'm getting an error trying to flash CM10:

Double checked /system/build.prop and ro.product.device is set to vanquish_u.

Any idea?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

All right, I googled the problem and it seems the best way to handle this is to get rid of the "assert" command in /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

Let's try this...

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

For those wondering, the zip file needs to be updated; NOT extracted / re-zipped.
What I did (on Debian):

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

First boot... "CyagenMod" cycling logo... for 5 minutes... seems to be stuck somehow...
Fed up with waiting any longer... Forcing reboot... Sames story... Stuck on CyagenMod cycling logo...

Did you wipe the /data ?

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Ouch... Almost out of battery... Restoring backup... Will give CM10 another try later...

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Did you wipe the /data ?
I think you got it... I wiped cache/dalvik but forgot data... n00b mistake... I'll give it another shot this week end.

Last edited:

boakun

Mar 26, 2010
Vancouver
i did a full wipe, booted within 2 minutes.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Just one thing. Gapps installed but no calendar is installed.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Just got Google calendar from Google play. All good. :D

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

Reactions: epinter

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Alright... CM10 up and running... Voice seems to be fine. All in all very very smooth...
WIFI is indeed not working... Once you manage to nail the bugs down, I might keep CM10 permanently on my device.

In the meantime, I'll test it as much as I can considering that I don't have mobile data for now...

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Torch is not working ("failed unexpectedly" upon flash light activation).

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

App drawer becomes unstable after playing a little with the phone... Keeps on switching back to home screen after a short moment (< 2s).
The more I use the phone, the more unstable the app drawer gets...

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Odd keyboard behaviour noticed in Messaging app. Upon creation of a new text msg, keyboard pops up and lets me enter a phone number in the "To" field. But once I switch to the "Message" field, keyboard disappears very quickly and I need to tap the "Message" field a few times to show the keyboard back... I can't reproduce this strange behaviour each time...

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

In "Settings / Status bar", when using "text" instead of "Icon" for "Signal status style", it shows a long integer number... Not sure if that's the intended behavior (but this looks useless to me...).

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I don't know if Apollo is supposed to display thumbnails embedded in my locally stored m4a audio files, but it doesn't.
No controls within Apollo to start/stop/pause/forward/rewind??? I have to use the controls in the status bar.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Applying live wallpapers does not work at all (or just a short moment), then reverts to the standard wallpaper.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Now homescreen is getting unstable as well... Sliding left/right, then homescreen restarts.... Even standing by, untouched, seems to restart on its own from time to time.
I think I'm gonna have to reboot every couple of hours or so, homescreen/app drawer way too unstable.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------
Bluetooth is not working, can't switch it on (similar to WIFI)

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------
After a reboot, I run of Apollo and play a song. Apollo gets stuck for about 10s. The system displays a message "Apollo is not reponding. Wait or Close? Upon Close, Apollo restarts and I can then play any song...

Last edited:
Reactions: epinter

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
@epinter

Is such a report any useful? Do want to me to look into a particular direction?

Last edited:

epinter

Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
@epinter

Is such a report any useful? Do want to me to look into a particular direction?

Yes, it's useful, I will save this. But now I want to focus on wifi and other critical bugs. The minor bugs I will try to debug later. Thanks very much!

The wifi it's being very hard to make work. I'm working on wifi with dhacker29.

EDIT: The wrong number showed in the signal isn't just a bug on the text signal configuration. The signal level it's not been reported correctly... Here the signal bars are always full...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2) firmware for RAZR HD. It's not a official CyanogenMod, and it's not supported by CM team.

Disclaimer: THIS FIRMWARE IS IN BETA STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT.
    I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

For now I only have how to test the XT925. I think this version will have problems with mobile data on XT926 dev edition (if it boots, dont know), because some patches not included in CM are needed to make it work, dhacker29 is working on the CDMA patches.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader or with safestrap.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
    http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd

Instructions:
    Download the zip (cm-10-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Backup your firmware and data!
    Install the firmware (install zip from...).
    Install gapps (install zip from...).
    Wipe data/cache.
    Reboot.

Thanks dhacker29 for collaboration

BGMEn.png

AVFHb.png
    fiA4b.png
    Emerson,

Considering that you have started the CM10.1 port, to what extent will you keep on maintaining / updating the CM10 ROM?

Thanks.

If I can solve all the the CM10.1 bugs, I see no reason to continue with CM10... I will update the CM10 until I solve all the critical bugs in CM10.1.
    Yeah it is, I figured I'd sync the CM tree until either you came back or someone else took it over.
    I updated the adreno drivers with the new ones and tried building CM 10.1 as well, but the build failed (mm-video/vidc/vdec) and I didn't have time to follow up on your android_hardware_qcom_media push to cm repo and try to make it work.
    I figured I'd give it a shot next month when I'd take a week off. So I just built CM10, that takes no time off other things..

Thank you.
    I already built a new version of CM10.1, with vdec working, and the same adreno drivers as before.
    http://goo.im/devs/epinter/cm-10.1-20130405-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip
    I found the solution for wifi!
    Is working!

Q56ex.png

I will release a new build very very soon.
    Update, included safestrap support.