[APK] Deer Reader beta (4+)

Search This thread

blackbearblanc

Sep 20, 2011
www.blackbearblanc.dk
Deer Reader is developed by upcoming developer lz2323 and has been redesigned from scratch with layout by BlackBearBlanc.

Deer Reader is an easy and lightweight news reader, with Sophie Reader as first base, evolved to following features:

• Google Reader sync
  • 4 Themes (dark and light theme in two styles (blue/orange))
  • Widgets - 4x1 static / 4x4 scrollable, including dark/light and transparent themes (pro version)
  • News in Jelly Bean notification dropdown (!)
  • Swipeable Feedlist
  • Feedlist look changing according to time of day
  • Tablet optimized

sw2ti.png

Try it out and leave us a reply.
If you find any bugs, we need the name of your phone + software.

7ZSt0.png

9aK19.png

ML11h.png

yHRgt.png

ZYkKN.jpg

jZhdf.png

ZT99m.png

Feedlist changing according to time of day:

Morning:
GV8Uq.png

Mid day:

53RXG.png

Afternoon/evening:

VVokj.png

Night:

1IEH9.png

Other stuff:

Big News :
http://goo.gl/9g3Kd (Featured on XDAnews. Will be compatible with Sophie Reader)

BlackBearBlanc no-root theming :
http://goo.gl/qAWuh

______

Thanks to sirtagada for original Nex4psd

...Forthcoming apk's might be posted in thread...so read on along the way:

Latest:
Dec 8:
Apk: Final DeerReader Lite added!

Also added BigNews Lite which can open news in Deer Reader.

Attachments

• BigNews114.apk
    546.1 KB · Views: 1,291
  • DeerReaderLite.apk
    2 MB · Views: 1,789
Last edited:

AudioFiend

Jul 31, 2010
In a Dark Room
Issues when clicking on an item feed in the first category, when clicking to read in more detail. Either links to another story item or just does nothing. All items and all other category are fine.
i.e Categories are my folders i have organised in google like bikes, android, footbal, technology, news, etc

Samsung III STOCK JB.

Reactions: blackbearblanc

lz2323

Jul 19, 2010
Issues when clicking on an item feed in the first category, when clicking to read in more detail. Either links to another story item or just does nothing. All items and all other category are fine.
i.e Categories are my folders i have organised in google like bikes, android, footbal, technology, news, etc

Samsung III STOCK JB.

Only one category and its feeds don't work?

AudioFiend

Jul 31, 2010
In a Dark Room
Only one category and its feeds don't work?

I now have issues in all categories links. Example.
Open Sophie reader. Opens up first page all feeds
(no issues)

Scroll feeds are fine and also when I click on a feed to read in more detail.
(no issues)

Now when I open the left side bar to navigate my categories i.e my feeds organised in to subjects (football.news.android.bikes.etc) scrolling is fine as is when I click a subject title. example.

Click Football category title in left bar. All feeds show up fine on the right hand side bigger window and I can scroll through the list with no problems. BUT when I click on a feed to read in more detail the it will link to a wrong feed or just hang or cash. Hope this explains a bit more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

lz2323

Jul 19, 2010
I now have issues in all categories links. Example.
Open Sophie reader. Opens up first page all feeds
(no issues)

Scroll feeds are fine and also when I click on a feed to read in more detail.
(no issues)

Now when I open the left side bar to navigate my categories i.e my feeds organised in to subjects (football.news.android.bikes.etc) scrolling is fine as is when I click a subject title. example.

Click Football category title in left bar. All feeds show up fine on the right hand side bigger window and I can scroll through the list with no problems. BUT when I click on a feed to read in more detail the it will link to a wrong feed or just hang or cash. Hope this explains a bit more.

Did the version I post it make things worse? Everything goes fine until you click one item in the story list?

AudioFiend

Jul 31, 2010
In a Dark Room
Did the version I post it make things worse? Everything goes fine until you click one item in the story list?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_VY9vJvtM

sorry for the quaility of the clip, but you should see what i have failed to explain! Hope it helps.

I will remove it from public view once you have had a good look it. Just tell me when!

What you will also notice is that when you press the back button after the feed has been opened in more detail, it will return to the all items, when i have been in the bikes sub feeds. The title will say BIKES but shows all items and not the bikes feeds.

Also when clicking on the item to read the feed in more detail, will result in the wrong link being shown, this is hit and miss for the correct item to show correctly.

Last edited:

lz2323

Jul 19, 2010
When I sync to update,it doesn't update widget I'm still on lasts night lot

Does the sync itself work?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_VY9vJvtM

sorry for the quaility of the clip, but you should see what i have failed to explain! Hope it helps.

I will remove it from public view once you have had a good look it. Just tell me when!

What you will also notice is that when you press the back button after the feed has been opened in more detail, it will return to the all items, when i have been in the bikes sub feeds. The title will say BIKES but shows all items and not the bikes feeds.

Also when clicking on the item to read the feed in more detail, will result in the wrong link being shown, this is hit and miss for the correct item to show correctly.

Thank you for the video! I've got the idea of the issue you encounter. Currently working on it, hopefully I can fix it this morning. I'll post it when it is ready.

Reactions: AudioFiend

AudioFiend

Jul 31, 2010
In a Dark Room
I have had a closer look at this and when i open up gReader _ All items when viewed on my computer are not mirrored on all items Sophie Reader hitting sync on both at the same time. Sophie seems to be mixed up. Timeline is wayout. I can email you some snapshots pictures from gReader/computer and sophie/phone if it helps.

Crossed posts.

I am happy to help as I like the concept. I have also noticed a few issues with big news and also when it links to Sophie. Your next fix should sort that, so I will wait till then to post any bugs I have noticed. :)

Last edited:

lz2323

Jul 19, 2010
I have had a closer look at this and when i open up gReader _ All items when viewed on my computer are not mirrored on all items Sophie Reader hitting sync on both at the same time. Sophie seems to be mixed up. Timeline is wayout. I can email you some snapshots pictures from gReader/computer and sophie/phone if it helps.

Crossed posts.

I am happy to help as I like the concept. I have also noticed a few issues with big news and also when it links to Sophie. Your next fix should sort that, so I will wait till then to post any bugs I have noticed. :)

Yes, please send me screenshots, they will help me a lot! I'll try my best to fix them.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Yes sync works ok,just doesn't update widget

OK...Do you use sync button on the widget or the sync button on the action bar?

flava69

Jun 24, 2012
Melksham
plus.google.com
Yes sync buttons are still there! Also other problem was when clicking on a news it brings up a different news from wot I chosen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deer Reader is developed by upcoming developer lz2323 and has been redesigned from scratch with layout by BlackBearBlanc.

Deer Reader is an easy and lightweight news reader, with Sophie Reader as first base, evolved to following features:

• Google Reader sync
    • 4 Themes (dark and light theme in two styles (blue/orange))
    • Widgets - 4x1 static / 4x4 scrollable, including dark/light and transparent themes (pro version)
    • News in Jelly Bean notification dropdown (!)
    • Swipeable Feedlist
    • Feedlist look changing according to time of day
    • Tablet optimized

sw2ti.png

Try it out and leave us a reply.
    If you find any bugs, we need the name of your phone + software.

7ZSt0.png

9aK19.png

ML11h.png

yHRgt.png

ZYkKN.jpg

jZhdf.png

ZT99m.png

Feedlist changing according to time of day:

Morning:
    GV8Uq.png

Mid day:

53RXG.png

Afternoon/evening:

VVokj.png

Night:

1IEH9.png

Other stuff:

Big News :
    http://goo.gl/9g3Kd (Featured on XDAnews. Will be compatible with Sophie Reader)

BlackBearBlanc no-root theming :
    http://goo.gl/qAWuh

______

Thanks to sirtagada for original Nex4psd

...Forthcoming apk's might be posted in thread...so read on along the way:

Latest:
    Dec 8:
    Apk: Final DeerReader Lite added!

Also added BigNews Lite which can open news in Deer Reader.
    Update Beta 15:
    - Added feature: Built-in browser for reading.
    - Added feature: Add a little dot besides every folder/category, you can tap it the collapse/expand it.
    - Notification and widget tweaks, hopefully make them work more properly.
    - Feed list text color tweaks.
    - Orientation change issues fixed. Still working on the memorizing position.
    - Other bug fixes.

Note: if you can't sync, PM me.
    Update Beta 12_6:
    - Fixed widget issue that the widget will die in a while after creation.
    - Added Chinese Simplified Language.

Edited: finally done at 3:50 PM 11/29.
    Update Beta 17:
    - Added feature: Pull to refresh in feed list.
    - Fixed ICS crash issue.
    - Other minor bug fixes.
    I don't know if this is helping, I did some fixes based on Beta 15 and 14, removed the code I thought that caused some HTC and Samsung devices to failed launching the app. And in this version I temporally set JB notification to be clearable.

Also in this version if the authentication issue comes, the app will request a relaunch and re-login.