Customise Active Notifications

Search This thread

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
I'm seriously considering getting an X to replace my broken Optimus G (Nexus4's big brother).

Something I haven't seen in my lurking through these forums or reviews online is whether you can change the colour for Active Notifications. For example,is it possible to make them red instead of white (mainly art night)?

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

I'm seriously considering getting an X to replace my broken Optimus G (Nexus4's big brother).

Something I haven't seen in my lurking through these forums or reviews online is whether you can change the colour for Active Notifications. For example,is it possible to make them red instead of white (mainly art night)?

I'm driving but I bet if you extract the apk you may be able to alter the image files. That's a total guess though.

cupioscire

Jul 24, 2012

It's possible in the app "active notifications"(search Google play for it), it's a clone of moto x's feature

Motorola Moto X DE XT1053

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
Ah, found Dynamic Notifications in the Play Store that supports changing the colour. Nice. Thanks.

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
Ah, found Dynamic Notifications in the Play Store that supports changing the colour. Nice. Thanks.

Should be noted you won't get particularly good battery though. The native Active Display is tied with hardware integration with the special cores. Using a 3rd party app to accomplish this doesn't use hardware integration--thus, it will kill your battery faster. Just an FYI.

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
True. I'll be sure to test with both versions to see if colour optimizations affect the battery enough to be worth it.