[BACKUP] (V510) GPE ONLY LMY47O.L008 Stock For TWRP

Search This thread

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
This is a TWRP backup of the stock firmware for V510 GPE GPAD 8.3. They have already been updated. It is completely stock no mods, no root, no busybox. This should ensure that you are able to take future OTAs without issue. Many GPE users have been having problems with the OTAs. The reason is that the OTA does a system verification and any type of modification causes it to fail.

How to flash this:

1. Reboot into bootloader
2. Flash TWRP if you don't already have it. Current version is 2.8.1.0 fastboot flash recovery xxxxxxxxxxxxx.img (where xxxxx is the filename)
3. Reboot System
4. Copy the entire contents of the zip file to your TWRP/BACKUPS/LG0000XXXXXXXX folder. Make sure you copy the folder 2014-11-30--23-35-25 LRX21P.L004 or 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002. If you don't have a backups folder, create one in TWRP by choosing Backup, then backup something like the boot partition.
5. Reboot to Recovery Vol Dwn+Pwr or adb reboot recovery.
6. Choose Restore and select 2014-11-30--23-35-25 LRX21P.L004 or 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002
7. Once finished Reboot System.
8. Upon boot you should be greeted with the usual Setup screens.
9. Reboot into bootloader
10. (Optional for Kit Kat) Flash stock recovery: fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img
11. Reboot into system
Flashing the stock recovery is optional however if you want a completely stock experience and ensure future OTAs, you probably want to do so. Also note that you must unroot to take any future OTAs.
To reroot flash latest version of TWRP.

Download Links:

LMY47O.L008 with Stock Recovery
TWRP Backup 5.1 LMY47O.L005 with Stock Recovery
TWRP Backup 5.1 LMY47O Thanks @rocket321 for providing the image.
TWRP BACKUP 5.0 LRX21P.L004
TWRP BACKUP 4.4.4 KTU84P.L002
KK Stock Recovery

Last edited:

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
You did an excellent job on this thread. Thanks for doing this for our small community.

BTW: regarding recovery for our device, the latest (and in fact only) that I see is TWRP 2.7.0.1 in the Original Android Development section.

mcaurilio

May 31, 2011
Agreed. I wasn't able to flash 4.4.4 any other way. Tried everything, kept getting errors. This finally worked!

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
You did an excellent job on this thread. Thanks for doing this for our small community.

BTW: regarding recovery for our device, the latest (and in fact only) that I see is TWRP 2.7.0.1 in the Original Android Development section.
Figured it will come in handy to have this online for everyone in the future...when I bought the device when it was announced thought there would be more dev on it...but that hasn't been the case. Luckily we at least have twrp.

kevk60

Dec 21, 2012
U.S.A
No partitions selected for restore.

This is a TWRP backup of the stock firmware for V510 GPE GPAD 8.3. It has already been updated to 4.4.4. It is completely stock no mods, no root, no busybox. This should ensure that you are able to take future OTAs without issue. Many GPE users have been having problems with the OTA for 4.4.4 The reason is that the OTA does a system verification and any type of modification causes it to fail.

How to flash this:

2. Flash TWRP if you don't already have it. Current version is 2.7.0.1 fastboot flash recovery xxxxxxxxxxxxx.img (where xxxxx is the filename)
3. Reboot System
4. Copy the entire contents of the zip file to your TWRP/BACKUPS/LG0000XXXXXXXX folder. Make sure you copy the folder 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002. If you don't have a backups folder, create one in TWRP by choosing Backup, then backup something like the boot partition.
6. Choose Restore and select 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002
10. (Optional) Flash stock recovery: fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img
11. Reboot into system
Flashing the stock recovery is optional however if you want a completely stock experience and ensure future OTAs, you probably want to do so. Also note that you must unroot to take any future OTAs.

Download Links:

Stock Recovery
When I flash this in twrp it fails to flash and i get an error message: No partitions selected for restore. Have twrp 2.7.0.1 installed. Thank you.

kevk60

Dec 21, 2012
U.S.A
Figured out what was going on. finally got it to flash in TWRP. Works great. Thank you for this.

peacewise

Jan 18, 2012
Thanks for this image - was the only way I was able to update.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
I was not able to update using your image and I don't know why. Everything was done correctly as far as I know. I downloaded and unpacked the zip and placed it in the back apps folder of TWRP and rebooted into recovery and tried restore with no success during the system restore it stops halfway through and says failed.
I tried downloading the file twice, installing the file from my computer, changing my SD card, deleting everything and trying, deleting just dalvik cache a,updating the partition separately, and was able to update the boot partition but not system and data. I honestly don't know what the trouble is as I was able to restore my own back up several times.if anybody has any insight into what is happening here please tell me. I would really like to install the update! I don't know why it is not allowing me to.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
I was not able to update using your image and I don't know why. Everything was done correctly as far as I know. I downloaded and unpacked the zip and placed it in the back apps folder of TWRP and rebooted into recovery and tried restore with no success during the system restore it stops halfway through and says failed.
I tried downloading the file twice, installing the file from my computer, changing my SD card, deleting everything and trying, deleting just dalvik cache a,updating the partition separately, and was able to update the boot partition but not system and data. I honestly don't know what the trouble is as I was able to restore my own back up several times.if anybody has any insight into what is happening here please tell me. I would really like to install the update! I don't know why it is not allowing me to.

First off, I use solid explorer, dual pane. Very easy to navigate for me.

I only copied system. I didn't even wipe. All my data and settings were intact. As close to an OTA I could get. The system backup was 790.95mb

It sounds like you did everything right to me. I included a screen shot of what it looked like after i clicked the backup.zip and moved the unzipped backup to the TWRP backup folder.

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1404023224145.jpg
    1404023224145.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 556

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago

im not sure if this would work

did u try restoring from the internal sd instead of external. as far as I know the backup file should have no issues.

Reactions: cam30era

SCWells72

Feb 12, 2011
Do I need to uninstall Xposed Framework, unroot, restore the stock kernel, etc., before restoring this system back up TWRP? I assume the answer is no, though I'll need to reinstall those afterward, but I figured I'd check first!

UPDATE: Never mind. I just went ahead and restored it successfully and am in the process of restoring my apps from TiBu now. Thanks again for providing this for those of us who couldn't upgrade to 4.4.4 any other way!

Last edited:
Reactions: sleekmason

ephayzee

Oct 8, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys,

first off thank you for posting this tutorial, I was able to perform the backup0 and am currently on 4.4.4.

I did, however, run into a slight hiccup when I was trying to flash the stock recovery. I kept getting messages about partitions and so forth. I entered in the following commands from beginning to end:

adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img

but as I said I can't get the job done lol.

Any ideas?

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Hey guys,

first off thank you for posting this tutorial, I was able to perform the backup0 and am currently on 4.4.4.

I did, however, run into a slight hiccup when I was trying to flash the stock recovery. I kept getting messages about partitions and so forth. I entered in the following commands from beginning to end:

adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img

but as I said I can't get the job done lol.

Any ideas?

A few things to check:

you need to have usb debugging checked on phone
you need the recovery image in same folder as your fastboot.exe/adb files
you need to cd to that directory/folder

-MX-

Dec 23, 2009
Has anyone gotten the error "E: No partitions selected for restore." when trying to flash the recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a TWRP backup of the stock firmware for V510 GPE GPAD 8.3. They have already been updated. It is completely stock no mods, no root, no busybox. This should ensure that you are able to take future OTAs without issue. Many GPE users have been having problems with the OTAs. The reason is that the OTA does a system verification and any type of modification causes it to fail.

How to flash this:

2. Flash TWRP if you don't already have it. Current version is 2.8.1.0 fastboot flash recovery xxxxxxxxxxxxx.img (where xxxxx is the filename)
    3. Reboot System
    4. Copy the entire contents of the zip file to your TWRP/BACKUPS/LG0000XXXXXXXX folder. Make sure you copy the folder 2014-11-30--23-35-25 LRX21P.L004 or 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002. If you don't have a backups folder, create one in TWRP by choosing Backup, then backup something like the boot partition.
    6. Choose Restore and select 2014-11-30--23-35-25 LRX21P.L004 or 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002
    10. (Optional for Kit Kat) Flash stock recovery: fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img
    11. Reboot into system
    To reroot flash latest version of TWRP.

Download Links:

LMY47O.L008 with Stock Recovery
    TWRP Backup 5.1 LMY47O.L005 with Stock Recovery
    TWRP Backup 5.1 LMY47O Thanks @rocket321 for providing the image.
    TWRP BACKUP 5.0 LRX21P.L004
    KK Stock Recovery
    Please, make a backup and upload it for others.

Backup of 5.1 (LMY47O) has been made with twrp 2.8.5.0 of stock system, boot, recovery.
    If you want to keep TWRP, uncheck the recovery partition when restoring.

Download here: http://d-h.st/NKSv
    MD5sum: 6ed5d12bf07448c9e188cb393946db6c (calculated locally, matched with Dev-Host)

@djkinetic feel free to add to OP
    OP Updated with TWRP BACKUP LMY47O.L005 and stock LG LP Recovery.
    I will try to get the update uploaded, as soon as I update my Gpad.
    Reading through the OP again, it sounds like it isn't possible to have root, but with the stock recovery instead of TWRP, is that correct? If so, then it'll be this same TWRP process with each update versus a quick un-root, take update and re-root. Is that right?

You can have root, but any modifications made to system or boot will cause the integrity check to fail when the OTA tries to apply/install itself. The easiest way to take the OTA, is to Restore the stock back up and boot image, then reflash the stock recovery in fastboot, boot into the OS and take the OTA. or just wait for me to upload any further updates. It will be interesting to see if this device gets Android M.