Locked out after too many pattern attempts? SOLVED!!! WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS!

Search This thread

yaape

Nov 25, 2010
Well, my little brother attempted to enter the pattern seemingly too many times and guess what I was locked out without any way to access my contacts, apps etc.

The phone prompted me to enter my google credentials, and guess what? I entered them only to see it reject it by saying that it was an incorrect username or password.

I kept looking in many forums and found no success even after 10 long hours of searching.

AND THEN....

I decided to GIVE MY PHONE A CALL from my house number. ACCEPTED IT and pressed the "Settings" button and there shows the Contacts, Sim Tools etc. I pressed the contact button only to see the dreaded locked screen again.

But since that was enough to give me hope, I GAVE MYSELF A CALL AGAIN and pressed the settings button again. Only this time I was able to enter into the Contacts menu. I pressed the Home button and was so glad I was able to ENTER MY HOME SCREEN!. I pressed and went to settings---> accounts and sync--->quickly synced my gmail and deleted all other accounts. I locked my phone again by pressing the power button. I ENTERED MY GOOGLE CREDENTIALS AGAIN and THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!

I was so glad that I had recovered my phone WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS!

I hope this helps many who are suffering from this glaring android bug that is so frustrating.

BTW. I AM USING SAMSUNG VIBRANT with official firmware.

Last edited:

kavita_verman

May 15, 2013
urgent

hi.
will u please tell me the process in detail. i am very much tens. i dont want to loose my data.
plz help at the earliest.

anuahmed89

May 1, 2013
Well, my little brother attempted to enter the pattern seemingly too many times and guess what I was locked out without any way to access my contacts, apps etc.

The phone prompted me to enter my google credentials, and guess what? I entered them only to see it reject it by saying that it was an incorrect username or password.

I kept looking in many forums and found no success even after 10 long hours of searching.

AND THEN....

I decided to GIVE MY PHONE A CALL from my house number. ACCEPTED IT and pressed the "Settings" button and there shows the Contacts, Sim Tools etc. I pressed the contact button only to see the dreaded locked screen again.

But since that was enough to give me hope, I GAVE MYSELF A CALL AGAIN and pressed the settings button again. Only this time I was able to enter into the Contacts menu. I pressed the Home button and was so glad I was able to ENTER MY HOME SCREEN!. I pressed and went to settings---> accounts and sync--->quickly synced my gmail and deleted all other accounts. I locked my phone again by pressing the power button. I ENTERED MY GOOGLE CREDENTIALS AGAIN and THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!

I was so glad that I had recovered my phone WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS!

I hope this helps many who are suffering from this glaring android bug that is so frustrating.

BTW. I AM USING SAMSUNG VIBRANT with official firmware.

HEY THANKS FOR THE GUIDANCE BUT i AM USING MOTOROLLA CHARM MB502 AND WHEN I CALL ON MY NO & ANSWER THERE IS NO SETTING BUTTON, IT HAS A BACK BUTTON A HOME BUTTON & A MENU BUTTON I TRIED PRESSING ALL THESE BUT IT DOES NOT GO IN TO THE PHONE SETTINGS...PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO

H@R$H

Sep 28, 2013
Bangalore
Too many pattern attemps!

I have this problem. I dont have a rooted phone. I dont want to loose my data. I have samsung galaxy y s 5360. i tried using adb bt cant get root access to go to data folder. I cant root my phnoe now. please help me

medhunter

Feb 27, 2008
This program can really help, but it is almost 4$
screen lock bypass pro is a good alternative. can find it on Play store