[Q] LG Ignite (AS855) = Optimus Black = Marquee?

Search This thread

Jorzebradan

Jun 20, 2011
Any more progress? I recently acquired an Ignite and was shocked at the lack of ROMage, tho I'd be satisfied with a blue theme or even just status bar icons...

Also, is there a way to boot into CWM if i get bricked installing a ROM? I havent been able to find a button combo to get into recovery, but i noticed the option to reboot recovery in the "LG ignite AIO" program, will that work with a bootloop?

Thanx

Last edited:

capunkjd

Aug 21, 2010
hello guys, if you dont mind could you help me :(
i have a problem with my LG marquee. well its on zvc stokrom with no root.
i try to downgrade with any method but still didnt get any succeed.
trying with other methode on other forum that using 12second count i never make it :(
my only problem is my baseband "unknown"
dont know what to do, trying to factory reset it still unknown baseband.
tell me what to do to get my baseband works again

thx

Last edited:

alaskakeith

Restoring to stock

Ok... new problem for this device. After all the rooting etc, I cannot run a factory reset so that I can sell the device for another consumer to use with the same provider...

I am stuck in a ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.6 boot loop and have erased everything from my sdcard...

Anyone know where I can get the stock assets to restore to these original specs? I'll need the ingredients and the directions please!

Alaska Communication Systems' newest offering, the LG Ignite (AS855) seems to be a device of many names.

As I seek out a ROM for this phone that will meet the "special" tethering needs of my Transformer Prime (TF201), I want to make sure that I proceed appropriately.

There seems to be next to nothing posted online about root, ROM etc for the LG Ignite.

1. Is this device identical to the LG Marquee and/or LG Optimus Black?

2. Since ROM Manager does not have a ClockworkMod Recovery for this device yet, what is the best way to safely install a custom ROM?

3. I am looking for a ROM that will provide native infrastructure WiFi broadcasting capability, any suggestions?

Here are some more specific specs:

Model Number
LG-AS855

Android Version

Baseband Version
AS855ZV2-M6600A-SCAUTSZ-3.0.40T

Kernel Version
lge@android-build #1

Build Number
GRJ22

SW Version
AS855ZV2

HW Version
Rev 1.0

SCR Version
AS855ZV2_ACS

lukez2

Feb 7, 2012
Hi, I lost root privileges on my LG AS855 when I updated it. (live and learn I suppose:( I used superoneclick to root it in the first place but now it just hangs on step 7. This is not a very popular phone and information on rooting it is extremely sparce on the interwebs. Any suggestions on how to go about getting root privs back would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sent from my LG-AS855 using xda premium

KittySparkles

Feb 19, 2013
Same here. On 2.3.4 and have tried SuperOneClick and a couple other methods but to no root avail. Looking back through the posts here, every download that lead to it being rooted has been invalid. Can someone please put up a link or someway to root the phone?

Top Liked Posts