AOKP milestone-5 build

Search This thread

anycard

Sep 27, 2011
Hello, I've been around this community since I bought my Infuse back in August 2011. I would like to say I love the community here but felt like I should give something back. *So here is the teaser post*

I have finally got AOKP built successfully from source (touch screen was holding me up). I wouldn't have been able to do this without Entropy, JT or their predecessors work. However I don't have enough posts to put this build in the Infuse4g Android Development forum. Plus I'm waiting to see how this thread goes (I don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes by releasing it).

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hello, I've been around this community since I bought my Infuse back in August 2011. I would like to say I love the community here but felt like I should give something back. *So here is the teaser post*

I have finally got AOKP built successfully from source (touch screen was holding me up). I wouldn't have been able to do this without Entropy, JT or their predecessors work. However I don't have enough posts to put this build in the Infuse4g Android Development forum. Plus I'm waiting to see how this thread goes (I don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes by releasing it).

If it was I, I would have some testers for the build of yours and have them provide you with feedback then shot it out to the GP "general public"...and follow the seasoned dev leads...you can always make some post in the threads that are already there in place regarding CM9...questions and other threads to build your post count, but most importantly, while your building your post count, you have your testers make some runs with your build, but as you have read in the dev thread...be aware of the questions and comments and yes the ones that don't read will be your hardest questions given....

jblparisi

Jun 12, 2007

I am excited to hear that as i had plans to work on a build myself.

Do you have a source tree up on Github or similar?

Keep us posted, thanks.

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
So many saying they're working on this or wanting to. I like it.:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: Erik_T

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
well it would've taken me forever to get it finished, cuz i have it right now where you can flash it but it'll bootloop, plus i dont know much about porting or developing, so im glad someone else beat me to it, it seems like a good rom

T

tmease1

Pm me for the test build. If something screws up, i can get myself up and running again. :)

Sent from my ME865 using xda premium

wawaweewa

Jul 9, 2008
lake elsinore
Wow nice!1st entropy's hdmi working.. ics/cm9 and now this?ohh this is overwhelming!!im so glad that so many dev's are popping out and a lot helping out :D

sent from ics4 powered infuse by entropy!thanks a lot!

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
I would really love to test =O Want some unicorns on my phone ^_^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I will be posting a beta in the Dev section this evening. Anycard and I are going to team up to get this running smooth...adding some Collective options to a rom already chock full. Look for it later this eve.
    I will be posting a beta in the Dev section this evening. Anycard and I are going to team up to get this running smooth...adding some Collective options to a rom already chock full. Look for it later this eve.

Maybe tonight ;)

I was sleepy

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    My Process- No gray outs, no data slips (very,very minor)

This is my process for a bit less stress. This will require reading and patience, if something goes wrong, I'm not liable, I've done my best to be as clear as possible. Here goes:

Alright, first things first for those who do not have the files needed for this, I'm gonna post the links to the respected threads, all credit goes to the Dev's, I'm but a humble messenger. Before doing anything. Backup up your ICS Homescreen Settings if you have any apps that will allow it like Apex Launcher to save some headache for when you get back to AOKP. I recommend Sms Backup and Restore to reoccupy your text messages.

To kick things off, you'll need Stock Gingerbread- 2.3.6 UCLB3.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613523

When on the page, click the third option down. That one has CWM,Root,Deodexed, Zipaligned, and Busybox. The Zip Includes Odin. The Clockwork Mod is red, nobody freak. It'll change ahead, keep reading lol.

Next is MIUI Infuse Edition 2.2.24
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506338

Do not click Shock n Awe as this was not anything I've ever flashed, nor part of my process.

And here is theROMinator's link to anycard's AOKP Milestone-5 original build.
    http://teendroid.com/
    It's right under the Team Kang logo.

Now for what to do. Make sure you pay close attention to the directions. I'll repost them on here so save some the back and forth motions. Again, I wipe all things to be wiped 3x each, including Dalvik when instructed.

Using Odin to get back to Stock
    (Quoted from jscott30's directions)

"3.) In recovery, wipe all user data and wipe all cache data, BEFORE flashing. If you don't do this, I can't guarantee that your phone won't loop at the AT&T boot animation, or that you won't have other issues.

So, do this.: Put phone in Recovery Mode (Turn phone off, disconnect USB cable, hold power button and both volume buttons, release power button when Samsung logo appears, continue to hold volume buttons until recovery screen appears.) In recovery, choose and follow prompts for options to wipe user data and to wipe cache data.

4.) Place phone in Download Mode. One way to do this is to remove battery, hold down both volume buttons, replace battery, attach USB cable, and then continue to hold volume buttons until the phone enters Download Mode.

5.) With phone in Download Mode, open the Odin exe that was included in the rar archive. In Odin, if the phone is recognized, the window under ID:COM will turn yellow.

6.) In Odin, click on "PDA" and browse to the folder that was extracted from the rar archive.

7.) Select the tar.md5 that was extracted from the rar archive. Make sure it shows up in the PDA window, and then click on Start. Do not power off the phone while Odin flashes the package and reboots the phone.

8.) You're finished. You now have stock AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread (UCLB3) with root."

Once you've successfully booted, make sure that you have all the necessary files on your sdcard, either internal or external.

Next up is MIUI
    (Directions per Dman)

"1. Place MIUI-Infuse.zip on internal SD card
    2. Reboot into CWM
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. Flash MIUI-Infuse.zip

If your phone doesn't boot:
    1. Pull battery and put back in
    2. Hold volume up, volume down, and power button
    3. let go of power button as soon as you see samsung text
    4. wait til blue cwm shows
    5. Flash MIUI-Infuse-1.*.*.zip again
    6. Enjoy!!"

Last, but definitely not least, AOKP
    (post follows JT's steps to flash CM9 from Rootzwiki)

1. Flash the CWM recovery linked above using Odin

2. Boot into CWM recovery using the 3-button combination

3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then go to "mounts and storage" and format system

4. Flash ROM

5. Go to "mounts and storage" again, mount system, then flash GApps package

6. Reboot into AOKP

After it boots, let the Rom get cozy for about 4 minutes, then test around. This method helped get rid of the random gray 4g/3g and wifi annoyance, along with minimizing and/or eliminating data dropout and mms fixes. Hope this helps you guys. I plan to flash right over to Nunhuggers, I will be wiping, but I dont think its a must.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Anyone having camera issue ?

Main camera max resolution is 5mp with no flash.

Yup, here, here. Camera takes the pic, but doesn't take the pic........ yeah, you read right.
    Great work...I am working on an aokp myself. I however am still working on getting it to build ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium