[Q] stuck on pushing root file to yout device while trying to root

Search This thread

codelancelot

May 10, 2014
ok so i followed this rooting tutorial on how to root my nexus 7 4.4.2 the newest NRT so i finally got to the rooting part and i am stuck on the pushing files to your device part, i already tried restarting what am i doing wrong? is it suppose to take longer than 10 minutes please help

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
ok so i followed this rooting tutorial on how to root my nexus 7 4.4.2 the newest NRT so i finally got to the rooting part and i am stuck on the pushing files to your device part, i already tried restarting what am i doing wrong? is it suppose to take longer than 10 minutes please help

It should take less than a minute:).

Hi, codelancelot...

I assume by NRT, you're referring to Wugfresh's NRT... apologies, but I've never used a toolkit myself, preferring instead to use fastboot to root my Nexus 7.

The essence of the process can be found here, by Wugfresh himself...

1. Unlock the bootloader
2. Boot/flash into an alternate recovery
3. Use that recovery to flash a Superuser recovery zip

And which is toolkit 'shorthand' for...

** Unlock the bootloader with fastboot oem unlock
** Fastboot flash a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) with fastboot flash recovery custom_recovery.img
** Download directly to the Nexus 7, Chainfire's UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.
** Boot into the previously flashed Custom Recovery, and flash Chainfire.
** Reboot... you're rooted.

--------------------------------------------

So, I assume you've already successfully accomplished the second step with NRT... that is, your Nexus 7 has a copy of TWRP (or CWM) Custom Recovery installed.

In which case, all that remains to do, is to flash Chainfire's SuperSU root package.

Download it to to your Nexus 7 directly, from the link above, using Chrome (or similar Android browser).

Once done, fully shutdown the device.

Boot it into the bootloader (VOL-DOWN, hold & POWER ON), and you should see a green Android on its back

Using the volume buttons, cycle through to the RECOVERY MODE option. Press the POWER BUTTON to select.

You should now boot into TWRP Custom Recovery. (Or CWM...I'm not sure which Custom Recovery NRT flashes, but the basic principles are the same for both).

Press the INSTALL BUTTON...(Select Zip to Install)...'navigate' to the folder where Chainfires UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94 zip file downloaded to... (usually the /download folder).

Tap on it to select... and Swipe to Confirm Flash... at the bottom of the TWRP screen...

...and then hit the button REBOOT SYSTEM...

...and you're Nexus 7 should be rooted:cool:.

Hope this helps...

Rgrds,
Ged.

Last edited: