Latest HD2 WP7 News

Search This thread

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
so basically buying an htc hd2 won't be a mistake ... ?! right ?
i have a nokia c7 i like it a lot but wp7 is really appealing :S
and are you a 100% sure that in the video the second device is an hd2 as well ??

thank you btw for the previous answer .

im sure it was an HD2 .. looked just like the other one and looks like my tmobile hd2

As to it being a good buy depends on how you look at it... Right now it matches up with the current wp7 lineup as far as specs go... but later down the road higher spec wp7 devices will come out, but at the moment an hd2 runs android, and windows phone... no other phone can do that... so for now its a good buy until a multi os phone comes out with better specs... untill then its one of kind imo

http://tech.resuck.com/2011/03/windows-phone-7-mango-caught-on-video/

Reactions: n-neo

n-neo

Apr 18, 2011
i thought that its another hd2 too... i compared the earpiece to other wp7 devices ad only the tmobile hd2 has the same one design wise .. so i guess we will be seeing mango eventually :)
i also agree that the hd2 is a powerful device but how is the screen color ?
and battery life ? is the battery life better than the one on iphone 3gs ?

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
i thought that its another hd2 too... i compared the earpiece to other wp7 devices ad only the tmobile hd2 has the same one design wise .. so i guess we will be seeing mango eventually :)
i also agree that the hd2 is a powerful device but how is the screen color ?
and battery life ? is the battery life better than the one on iphone 3gs ?

screen color is fine, looks good & no problems I've had.

Battery life for me is probably a little worse than a 3GS but not by much (remember it's got a bigger screen, twice the processor speed, twice the RAM too)

n-neo

Apr 18, 2011
so what you are saying is that its impossible to pass one day without recharging :S hmmmm ...

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
intresting battery info for you all

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13034530#post13034530

actually..... this looks intresting, im going to do some propper testing on this but my initial readings show a significant improvment.

The HD2 is an amazing device, but it has some drawbacks with regards to WP7

SD compatibility may give you a huge headache,
Camera problems (partially resolved with a free XAP on here)
updateing may not be possible without a reflash
charging issues (battery controler doesnt have a clue what its doing and may requirer a restart to get a full charge (even tho it says its full it might not be which is why some folk see it dropping faster than others)
Touch screen issues, not major but you need to learn to use them propperly (ie two fingers must hit more or less at the same time) and sometime swiping gets a bit confused, a flick the other way and trying again fixes it

Sounds like its terribl reading that list back but actually its fantastic and those issues and very minor.

Plus with the HD2 you get to use WM6.x and Android which means pretty much everything you could ever want to do is at your finger tips!

Last edited:

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
yeah like any other smartphone, lol.

It depends on usage a lot.. Some Radio suck the Battery Dry while other tend to be more easy on the Battery... WP7 Does Use a lot of power that's a common issue on other WP7 devices especially the HD7... In my experience WP7 uses more power then Android... With WP7 I got to carry my charger with me because by the end of the work day its barely charged while In Android it last the entire day.. using SetCpu you can Overclock/Underclock to either get more performance out of it or less power usage

Reactions: n-neo

n-neo

Apr 18, 2011
well from what i read on this forum is that on android everything works fine and it can last more than a day depending on your usage ... well i probably wont be using it for gaming maybe every now and then something light like angry birds (i know it isnt out yet for wp7) but it would be for about 5 minutes or so... most of my usage is texting (50+ sms's a day) calling (max 30 mins a day) taking photos listening to music a lot (8 hours +-) and every now and then check my facebook and some other sites for about 10 minutes thats it basically
and i know if i install the android rom i'll be just fine but what about wp7 ? and whats with the activation code thats needed ?? do i pay for that or is it not needed anymore ?

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
why don't you just buy a windows phone 7 handset?
some of them are cheaper than an hd2 and you'll have no problems.
multitouch isn'T really working due to the lack of drivers and the battery is really bad.
if you just want to have a windows phone device buy one.
if you want a device capable of running different os and switch between them go and buy an hd2, but it's not worth it if you just want to use windows phone.

you still need the activation code and you can't buy it. you have to call microsoft and tell them that you've got a hd7 and it's asking you for an activation code. then they'll ask you for some personal data and give you the code if you're lucky.

Last edited:

n-neo

Apr 18, 2011
thought i would have loved to get an htc mozart , problem is ... the cheapest wp7 device where i live costs twice as the price of the HD2 :S so why pay more for a device that does less (hd2 can hecta-boot :p)

anyway its a thread about wp7 news i don't want to stray and change topic so basically hd2 will get future nodo and mango updates ... as i understood ... and as for now if i want to get one i better use and like android till mango gets ported and i acquire an activation code from mcsft ?! :)

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
why don't you just buy a windows phone 7 handset?
some of them are cheaper than an hd2 and you'll have no problems.
multitouch isn'T really working due to the lack of drivers and the battery is really bad.
if you just want to have a windows phone device buy one.
if you want a device capable of running different os and switch between them go and buy an hd2, but it's not worth it if you just want to use windows phone.

you still need the activation code and you can't buy it. you have to call microsoft and tell them that you've got a hd7 and it's asking you for an activation code. then they'll ask you for some personal data and give you the code if you're lucky.

Battery isnt that bad at all, most folk are missled as to how much juice is left, infact if you look up that link i just posted there is a simple way to gain another 10% battery life. you will be able to get a day and a half with out a charge with voice data and 3G all on, which isnt too shoddy

The activation code post is also a bit missleading, MS wont ask any personal itentifiable information from you, there have been instances where people have told them its an HD2 or lied and have them a false IMIE number, for myself they only asked who was the manufacture, HTC!

in short you can tell them what ever you like, its worth noting that firstly it depends who you speak to, how you contacted them and that the code is good forever unless you change devices.

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
Battery isnt that bad at all, most folk are missled as to how much juice is left, infact if you look up that link i just posted there is a simple way to gain another 10% battery life. you will be able to get a day and a half with out a charge with voice data and 3G all on, which isnt too shoddy

The activation code post is also a bit missleading, MS wont ask any personal itentifiable information from you, there have been instances where people have told them its an HD2 or lied and have them a false IMIE number, for myself they only asked who was the manufacture, HTC!

in short you can tell them what ever you like, its worth noting that firstly it depends who you speak to, how you contacted them and that the code is good forever unless you change devices.

you're right with the activation code but it strongly depends on where you're living and as you said if you have luck with the person you talk to.
I know people who were asked for their names, even phone numbers.
the battery may be not that bad but also not as good as on a native windows phone device. sure i didn't know that the hd2 is half the price of the cheapest windows phone device in his country, so it's worth it.
here in germany the htc trophy and mozart are just around 200 euro and the lg optimus 7, too. you can't get an hd2 for that price here.

Last edited:

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
aye your correct, its all to do with who you speak to, very much luck with regards to activation codes, the battery issue isnt going to get fixed, i think some folk are assuming it will but the reality is, why would HTC or MS fix something on a device thats not supported, the very best anyone can hope for is that by some degree of luck it gets fixed with an update to a native device by mistake, i think thats quite unlikely tho!

nope, we get what we pay for, think of the HD2 as a try before you buy

If you havent bought an HD2 yet then its debatible if its worth getting one, yes its cheaper but it has issues, you need to know which one you can live with
a lighter wallet and a Native device or a few bugs, more cash in your pocket an a HD2 with WP7!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Cotulla is working on meego development as well as wp7 which is dividing his time.

2. Next version of magdlr will have some kind of pinball game??? possibly pong instead of tetris?
    * correction: Arkanoid, not pong

3. Somewhere in New York, a guy was spotted with a chinese HD2 running wp7?

4. A new hd2 wp7 video has been posted which is supposedly quite convicing.
    *correction: No new video, just old one

**Update: 1/12/2011
    -really great videos in post #33, thank you user, lukmakachi
    -There has been a release on DFT - lots of users are reporting actual testing of WP7, we seem to be on the verge of an official release VERY SOON
    -Windows Live services DO NOT WORK ie: zune, marketplace, xbox live (not really new info but it has been confirmed by users reporting here)
    -32gb sd card is confirmed working

**Update: 1/13/2011
    -As many already know, there has been a release on the chinese DFT forums, if you want it try google search - Mods are threating bans if you post links so watch yourself!
    -[Confirmed working]HowTo actvate your wp7/HD2 Live services. original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=911579
    -For help with this awesome release check out the wp7 forums here - lots of useful info http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=606

All hail DFT!
    * Thank you babyyim000 for the source information!!!
    * Most of all Thank you DFT and cotulla for all the hard work!!!
    I've been browsing the chinese DFT forums and it seems that they are getting more updates on WP7 for HD2's than us. The google translations are a bit rough and I don't know chinese, but here's what I think is going on.

1. Cotulla is working on meego development as well as wp7 which is dividing his time.

2. Next version of magdlr will have some kind of pinball game??? possibly pong instead of tetris?

3. Somewhere in New York, a guy was spotted with a chinese HD2 running wp7?

4. A new hd2 wp7 video has been posted which is supposedly quite convicing.

Again, I don't speak chinese and the translations are rough so I could be mistaken but it seems progress is being made, albeit a bit slowly :/ maybe a chinese speaker can elaborate?

original source here http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.darkforcesteam.com.cn/&ei=NkwtTcdPwqqUB4PJjd8L&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddarkforcesteam%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divns

it is not “pinball” game,it is Arkanoid:D
    Preemptive strike!!

Though it hasn't gone off topic just yet, threads like this are notorious for personal information being leaked, users getting flamed and severely off-topic discussion.

Don't let this happen guys. As long as the thread remains civil and on-topic, the thread will remain open but if it goes astray, I WILL be closing it.

Just a general warning to all...

-dh
    I called and said i have an HTC HD2 with WP7 on it, and she gave me a code and said "thank you, be sure to tell your friends about it"
    and she also said my code will be good for my live acc on any device for now on.

Don't need to say anything more about that XD.
    Ok.. Seems my first warning wasn't enough. This is not the place to discuss illegal activities such as cracking pvk on WP7. I'm not going to deny that it is being done but it is surely going to create a problem at some point down the road. I would like to prevent it as long as possible so please keep this discussion private or take it else where.

This thread is in regards to the WP7 release via the DFT and updates from them. Not unofficial news regarding illegal activities.