[Q] Android 4.4.3 Manual Camera Mode Slow

Search This thread

anjuice

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
www.gigaventure.com
My phone is fully stock and has never been rooted. I updated to 4.4.3 a few days ago, and notice the manual mode in the camera is slow. Even if I use the fastest shutter speed, it takes a few seconds to take a picture. Auto mode is quick as usual. Anybody have a solution?

velenox

Jul 25, 2009
My phone is fully stock and has never been rooted. I updated to 4.4.3 a few days ago, and notice the manual mode in the camera is slow. Even if I use the fastest shutter speed, it takes a few seconds to take a picture. Auto mode is quick as usual. Anybody have a solution?
Same here, I don't know why I have update the phone!
The manual mode is unusable!

velenox

Jul 25, 2009
I'm glad I'm not alone with this one. Hopefully there will be a fix for this. I deleted the app data. It didn't do anything
Well you are not alone.
In the topic regarding the pics taken with the M8 we were discussing about the fact that now you can't see anymore what you shoot when using 4 second shutter speed (very annoying ) and also I've noticed like you that now in manual mode it's incredible slow.
I don't know I'd we are in the right place to discuss this matter...Personally I'm upset because I don't understand why they did this mess. I'm not fan of the UltraPixel camera and neither a fanboy, so I get used to the m8 camera, but now with this change HTC left me very disappointed.
I don't think they will revert back to the old camera...For them this is an improvement...

anjuice

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
www.gigaventure.com
Well you are not alone.
In the topic regarding the pics taken with the M8 we were discussing about the fact that now you can't see anymore what you shoot when using 4 second shutter speed (very annoying ) and also I've noticed like you that now in manual mode it's incredible slow.
I don't know I'd we are in the right place to discuss this matter...Personally I'm upset because I don't understand why they did this mess. I'm not fan of the UltraPixel camera and neither a fanboy, so I get used to the m8 camera, but now with this change HTC left me very disappointed.
I don't think they will revert back to the old camera...For them this is an improvement...

Man, that's crazy. The only improvement the camera needed was HDR mode (I use the lock focus trick, but I wish that wasn't needed), and removing the purple fringing if that was possible to fix in the software. Oh, if HTC added a fast shutter priority mode, that would have been nice.

But yes, they need to fix manual mode.