Speaker's cracks.

Search This thread

VerminX

Dec 20, 2011

Me too, although I run out of superglue, so I ended up using two part epoxy glue, painted it with a black permanent marker. Now there is a slight bulge where the glue sits, but such things don't bother me.. And it feels strong and stiff now, unlike the other side speaker cover where it flexes, will wait for it to crack and use the same procedure too

V

iBen95111

Dec 9, 2011
I would return it if HP didn't reset my touchpad.
Or even turn it on, for that matter.
I used superglue and it burnt the plastic, and 2 weeks later the crack started moving again.
Will they replace the whole back cover or just glue it back?

diogo65

Jun 14, 2011
Toulouse
Hello !

If I have CM9 on my touchpad, Will they repair this or not ?

Sorry if it's bad english.

Envoyé depuis mon MB525 avec Tapatalk

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Ugh. It's happened to mine now. I got a crack running up the back from the USB port. :(
Not even sure when it happened, I just noticed it today.

PicsArt_1330136584200.png

I would imagine if I send this in, they'd just replace it with some refurbished unit (so about the question of CM9 being installed, I'm sure you'll get something back with stock webOS). And I'm a bit worried I might get something with a screen defect or something else considering they don't make the units anymore and probably don't have much left, I'd think all the good stuff has probably been sold by now.

Hmmm... I only paid $150. I might just live with it and hope it doesn't spread.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Oh dang. I just found a second crack from my speaker to bezel. Ugh, this damn this is come part suddenly. Haha, geez. Guess I got what I paid for.

connor-

Jan 23, 2011
any ideas who should i contact in UK? hp or palm?
any links would be appreciate

I spoke to webOS support yesterday, the live chat is US only apparently they gave me this number to ring 020 7660 0950. Not open again until Monday though so not been able to speak to these :) (Same issue :/ Glad I didn't pay the original retail price! You need your serial number handy ;))

UCLAKoolman

Dec 6, 2011
I've had 2 32gbs that both developed speaker cracks. It's a defect that will likely appear again in any refurbished units that get sent back from a repair. I have a nice carbon skin on my touchpad which seems to keep the cracks at bay. If they get worse ill use some good epoxy.

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
I would return it if HP didn't reset my touchpad.
Or even turn it on, for that matter.
I used superglue and it burnt the plastic, and 2 weeks later the crack started moving again.
Will they replace the whole back cover or just glue it back?

I was told by HP Tech Support that they replace the entire backing with a new, improved one.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Hello !

If I have CM9 on my touchpad, Will they repair this or not ?

Sorry if it's bad english.

Envoyé depuis mon MB525 avec Tapatalk

you will need to use ACMUinstaller to take Android completely off (this takes a few minutes). Then run in WebOs, run a complete clean and uninstall (this takes a bit over an hour).

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
Time from repair to back in your hands

Well, today I found out the 7 - 10 business days begins they day they RECEIVE your TP in the repair center.

This really sucks. All three reps, including a supervisor, expressed it was a turn around time of 7 - 10 days from the date you send your TP in...I am quite upset. I told them I use my device for work. Had I known this to be the truth, I would have waited to send mine in.

fredmc2020

Oct 28, 2009
Can anyone verify that after sending in your TP, you get the SAME TP back? Like an above posted stated, I really don't want to risk getting a refurb with broken screen etc.

Btw I've got cracks EVERYWHERE; USB port/headphone jack/both speakers. Ugh.

I'd even replace the backing myself if I knew where to get one.

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
Well, mine is supposedly on its way back to me. I rec'd an email Friday late morning that it is being shipped back to me. I chatted with tech support and was told that mine was repaired. You just have to let them know you want yours returned to you. I even included a note! :)

I should be getting it Monday morning and I will confirm if it is mine and that the repair was actually done.

oh and UPS does not have much information on their website, but if you call, they have the shipping info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received my touchpad about 30min ago.

It is just beautiful. Looks brand new. AND I got my original back, not a refurb.
    So I thought I would follow up just for anyone browsing this thread contemplating sending their TP in for crack repair.

I just got mine back yesterday evening. It was wrapped in more than enough plastic. To my surprise there are no more cracks! It looks as if they replaced the entire back cover with a new one. In truth I can't tell if this is the same TP or not, but I don't care. It's flawless and it works.

Now I just have to put ICS back on it and get a better case.

You're lucky dude.. I sent mine in for "repair" 4 times, every time getting the same exact TP that won't charge or turn on. then finally got an "advance replacement". Only problem is the "advance replacement" has bright/dark blotches down the entire left side of the screen.

They are sending me another one. What a Nightmare- it's been over a month and a half!

I have customer service on speed dial. It's really kinda sad.
    That's exactly what I did from the beginning yet I had to send the TP back twice. Had speaker cracks and a loose back and got a TP refurb unit that instead had seperation with the back cover and display and a piece of plastic sticking out. On the second attempt I finally got a perfect unit. Luckily HP turnaround was only a couple days.

come on. sending back for cracked speakers and loose back? i had a loose back since i got it and my speaker cracked 2 weeks ago. i paid $100 and im not gunna be up their a$$ for it..