S4 mini LTE only H+ not 4G

Search This thread

imputazz

Found the Solution

Guys I found the solution!
After I called Vodafone 4 times they have reactivated my 4G Service, after 1 hour i got 4G :D

Thank you "newarkoz".
grxmk2dppmbl2r9hkxn0.png

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: przem00

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Just a note to users who are not getting LTE signal on your GT-I9195:

Please contact your service provider to ensure your phone line and SIM card are both 4G/LTE-capable before you diagnose it as a device issue.

Dec 4, 2013
S4 mini LTE only H+ not 4G Need Help

Hi everyone,

I am quite new here so please bare with me.
I am planning to buy this phone 'S4 mini GT-i9195' unlocked version in US and would be using it AT&T SIM. Could anyone here please confirm if it would support LTE speeds?
I read in this thread about rooting and enabling this LTE option, 'przem00' it would be great if you could explain in details about this proc.

Thanks in advance.

wiisixtyfour

Jan 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am quite new here so please bare with me.
I am planning to buy this phone 'S4 mini GT-i9195' unlocked version in US and would be using it AT&T SIM. Could anyone here please confirm if it would support LTE speeds?
I read in this thread about rooting and enabling this LTE option, 'przem00' it would be great if you could explain in details about this proc.

Thanks in advance.
The I9195 doesn't support AT&T's LTE bands. You would only get up to 3G. You can however get an unlocked I257M model from Canada and use for AT&T with LTE.

Dec 4, 2013
The I9195 doesn't support AT&T's LTE bands. You would only get up to 3G. You can however get an unlocked I257M model from Canada and use for AT&T with LTE.

Thanks wiisixtyfour,
But could you please guide me where do I get this perticular model here in US.
I searched amazon but no luck.
and what about the method explained by 'przem00'? :confused::confused: wont this I9195 support LTE even after root etc?
:mad:

wiisixtyfour

Jan 30, 2013
Thanks wiisixtyfour,
But could you please guide me where do I get this perticular model here in US.
I searched amazon but no luck.
and what about the method explained by 'przem00'? :confused::confused: wont this I9195 support LTE even after root etc?
:mad:

I'm pretty sure the I9195 cannot support AT&T 4G at all, but maybe rooting or software could change that, I'm not sure.
I've seen them on CanadaGSM and some other sites but I got one off eBay for about $390 USD + $16 shipping.

AKA SIR

Dec 13, 2013
I am also in the US and picked up an unlocked I9195 S4 mini. I am on AT&T and I know my SIM card is 4G capable because if I put it in my old AT&T phone, it shows 4G and 4G LTE.
In the specs for the i9195 it says it has 4G capability but wiisixtyfour is stating that the 4G does not work on AT&T...

Can anyone confirm this is 100% true?
Can anyone confirm if rooting it will enable 4G / 4G LTE?

DLD23

Dec 21, 2012
Yes gt-i9195 does not support at&t lte bands.. i was disappointed too. I could have bought the cheaper model of the mini :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Oh, to add to my statement, software will not enable it. The lte bamds are strictly hardware. That is true as far as I know. If anyone else knows different feel free to correct me :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

SoLoR1

May 14, 2012
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
3. Find persist.radio.lteon and edit
4. Change false to true , save
5.Reboot
Be happy with ful LTE support
Thats all u need to have LTE.

THANK YOU! was searching for solution for this for a month! works on i9505 as well :)

not-a-dev

May 25, 2013
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
5.Reboot

Thank you, man! I had been struggling to enable LTE for 1 week. Your method worked for me.

thejester123

Apr 18, 2011
Sheffield
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
5.Reboot

I am running Carbon rom and do not have "persist.radio.lteon" and i only get H+ and really poor speeds. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

totex71

Sep 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I am running Carbon rom and do not have "persist.radio.lteon" and i only get H+ and really poor speeds. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

same here but i've had in one small village LTE, just that in 2 other big cities not. it's kinda weird!

Im also struggling with this for my brothers phone which i installed Carbon rom on aswell. did you guys ever find a fix? 4g worked fine on 4.2.2

angky_p

Jan 13, 2005
Jakarta
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
5.Reboot

Ta!
been puzzled for a week wondering if i bought a replica S4 mini :D
cheers mate you are my savior!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-20-20-07-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-20-20-07-41.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

CAZERPA

Apr 8, 2015
Need root
Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
2. Go to data/property
5.Reboot

I didn´t work for me.. I delete de FILE , too.. just in case.. I created again, I put the value 1 and the same.. The symbol "H+".. Any another tip?

Jonathan052010

Dec 5, 2014
Nope, I am in Singapore and do not have this issue. Are you on stock ROM?

S4 Mini's LTE radio supports:
LTE Band 3 (1,800MHz), Band 7 (2,600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz)

Vodafone Portugal supports Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (180 MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)

So it should work.

please help, my 3g not work with 900Mhz Band Wcdma, im from Venezuela and using Digitel, sorry for my bad english. :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need root
    Steps :

1. Run Root Explorer
    2. Go to data/property
    5.Reboot
    Hi newarkoz,

I have the same problem in Vodafone PT, when I called the customer service, they tried to make an elaborate excuse that 4G signal was being displayed as H+ on S4 mini.

And by now I know it´s a lie.

Can you share what you did?

BR

Yes it is a lie. I called the customer service and they told me that my SIM CARD wasn't 4G so they send me another to my home (or you can go get one in a store). Then the problem persisted, so i called them again and they said that they needed to activate the 4G in my service. In one hour i get 4G on S4 Mini.

Maybe your problem is on the SIM CARD... Try to go to a store.

And see in this page if the location where you are trying to use 4G is covered: http://www.vodafone.pt/main/Ajuda/Cobertura/
    i did the same thing as you, lets see if it will work!

[Update] It didn't worked for me... :/ i dont know what to do

Call customer service again, they may have not activated the 4G on your account... If they do try to restart the phone.
    Found the Solution

Guys I found the solution!
    After I called Vodafone 4 times they have reactivated my 4G Service, after 1 hour i got 4G :D

Thank you "newarkoz".
    grxmk2dppmbl2r9hkxn0.png

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda premium