Galaxy S I9003 Q&A

Search This thread

HairyScot

Jan 30, 2011
Auckland
I tried to get to Bridge Base Online on my GT-I9003.
(FROYO and Flash Player 10.1)
Using the supplied browser (which I think is Google Chrome) I get the site login page but am unable to enter user name and password.
Tried installing Firefox Mobile but it moans about needing Flash and does nothing.
Installed Flash Player 10.3 from market but no change.
BBO site is at: http://www.bridgebase.com/client/client.php

Have checked on BBO Forum and there are those who can access the site from Android phones.

Would welcome any advice or info

Last edited:
Reactions: mzar720

xglspyxgl

Aug 2, 2011
Yalova
[Q]I want to learn when Turkey will have Gingerbread?

Guys i dont want to use released versions of gingerbread by samsung i just want to update my phone via kies. i didnt even root my phone cuz of the fear of losing warranty. Can someone help me? i twitted about that to SamKiesUpdates but they didnt give me any response. Thanks for every answer..:confused:

xenyaliosx

Jun 29, 2011
nodoby can give you that answer cause nobody knows it. it's that simple. if you don't want to flash it yourself via odin, you just have to wait until it shows up on kies. and i don't think warranty should be a problem as you always can turn back to your old firmware. ;) (of course if you didn't do anything really serious to your phone)

fooman123

Jan 9, 2011
Sammy can help you. XDA is not the pusher of kies goodies. Walk into you nearest Sammy service center and ask if they have any hidden knowledge to help ease your worried mind.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

Gamer2

Mar 26, 2011
does anyone know how to format an efs partition cause whenever i try to push my nv_data.bin it says memory full(i nitially i flashed the wrong efs.rfs file)??? i'm using xxkph

falex007

Apr 3, 2011
Ottawa
does anyone know how to format an efs partition cause whenever i try to push my nv_data.bin it says memory full(i nitially i flashed the wrong efs.rfs file)??? i'm using xxkph

try to remove nv_data.bin, .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 before uploading your previous nv_data.bin

BUT I didn't do this operation and don't know if it'll help you

Last edited:

OrbitalDroid

Jul 27, 2011
Toulouse
[Q] HTC Sense UI for I9003 ?

Hey there !

I was watching a video of HTC Sense UI and I found it really nice, did anyone tried or is anyone porting it to I9003 ?

Thank you ;)

B

bangalorerohan

Right..! I think Dev of our phones are mainly focusing on USB OTG and TV OUT! Also,it is the peak time for some Custom ROM's to hop in! Maybe,some DEV will try to port it once he sees the vedio. Even I wanna port it,but,I find no Time!

I will work on it maybe sometime after the OTG and TV-OUT!

Bien15

Nov 11, 2010
Files I need to Flash to XXKPH 2.3.4

hi and good day, we'll be flashing my friends I9003 to GB 2.3.4 XXKPH and already downloaded all the files, just a little confused though, the only file i got is latona_20110114.pit w/c is put to PIT and I9003XXKPH_I9003XXKPH_I9003SERKPH_HOME.tar which I'm not sure where to put it, is it for the PDA? is that all that i need to flash it? what about for the PHONE and CSC should I leave it blank?

Last edited:

crazbanditz

Aug 18, 2011
Singapore
hi and good day, we'll be flashing my friends I9003 to GB 2.3.4 XXKPH and already downloaded all the files, just a little confused coz though, the only file i got is latona_20110114.pit w/c is put to PIT and I9003XXKPH_I9003XXKPH_I9003SERKPH_HOME.tar which I'm not sure where to put it, is it for the PDA? is that all that i need to flash it? what about fdor the PHONE and CSC should I leave it blank?

Please read and search around the forums first. THERE IS ALREADY A GUIDE!:mad:

vivekkalady

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
Trivandrum
Guys is there any way to make the Lockscreen Wallpaper Slide like in the Galaxy S2

no need for the widgets and other options

I think this can be done by editing the glass lockscreen.
replacing the transparent image But I cant find that transparent background
So guys please help me to find that file or you can edit some xml file to add a new image files to framework-res.apk to show instead of transparent background

thanks
vivekkalady

Bien15

Nov 11, 2010
Please read and search around the forums first. THERE IS ALREADY A GUIDE!:mad:
yes already "search for it" and found it but the firmware i downloaded is just I9003XXKPH_I9003XXKPH_I9003SERKPH_HOME.tar, tried dling it from samfirmware but still just one file no file for the PHONE and CSC?

is the I9003XXKPH_I9003XXKPH_I9003SERKPH_HOME.tar and latona_20110114.pit the only files i need to upgrade to GB coming from stock 2.2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am currently on DDKP2 and i root it by flashing cf-root
    after rooting i can see the three softwares were installed
    cwm,superuser,tweaks
    so now can i able to flash themes (ICS theme universal) without flashing cwm??

to flash the theme
    -you must be deodexed
    -to deodex go to this link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1323661
    -download deodex_ddkp2_cwm.zip
    -put it in your sd card
    -go to recovery(either by going to cwm app n select reboot into recovery or power off the device and press vol up+home key+power key)
    -select install from zip (using volume keys and menu key)
    -choose install zip from sd card
    -select the deodex_ddkp2_cwm.zip theme zip
    -it will ask for confirmation press yes
    -select wipe cache and select yes
    -download the theme file(it will be a zip file)
    -put the zip file in the sd card
    -go to recovery(either by going to cwm app n select reboot into recovery or power off the device and press vol up+home key+power key)
    -select install from zip (using volume keys and menu key)
    -choose zip from sd card
    -select the ics theme zip
    -it will ask for confirmation press yes
    -go back and select wipe cache
    -press yes and reboot

and you are done(same procedure for all themes)
    I have some Noobish questions :

1. Nandroid Backup
    Is it the same with/what people mean with the menu "Backup/Restore" in CWM?

2. CWM
    Will I got CWM if I installed Skin's CFRoot, is the CWM included inside the CFRoot? Especially CWM for XXKPM.

3. Ext4
    How to install Ext4 partition format? How do I get the zip file (if there's any zip file)?

4. XXKPE
    Why should I flash Gingerbread ROM with preceded with xxkpe then proceeded with either xxkph or xxkpm? I think it's because the GB ROM's file is just PDA, then why don't the other ROM have the Bootloader, PDA, Phone, CSC file completely like xxkpe?

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Find in the forum. You will get a thread related to it.
    4. Actually kpe firmware contains all 4 files which is normally included in any firmware. We always need modem, bootloader files for flashing which lacks in newer firmwares i.e. kph, kpm. So we need kpe as a base.
    firstly before flashing another firmware i want to backup all data
    can you tell me the procedure of backup and restore?

Use titanium backup to batch backup all your apps. After that, if u want to backup contacts and SMS, search the market. Then restore after flashing. Make sure you select the backup folder to the external SD card.

Cheers:)

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by MIUI:D
    app isnt there,how can i extract walk & drive from xxkph pda file i cant reflash now.

Download archive for your firmware. Extract it. Go to system/app and search application you need. I don't remember it's name. May be "route6"

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

someone please answer post #423

edit /etc/apt/sources.list
    and add
    ===========
    deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ jaunty partner
    ===========
    But I suggest you to update to 10.04 LTS. 9.04 is not supported now but 10.04 yes.

Also because of new License of Java from Oracle, the new packages of sun-java were removed from repositories (in 11.10 there is no sun-java even in partner repo)
    Nobody seems to be answered my question here, whereas make a new thread seems promising but that's against the rule... :(

I have my unit for about 3 months already and if my memory serves me right. I think i have flashed it for more than ten times already. And as of now i don't see any problem so far. :)